First Night

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

He slipped a cold silver dagger embbed with saphires into my hand. My hand trembled as I held the dagger to my wrist with the pack watching me from below. Everything was silent, no one was breathing as I closed my eyes. I couldnt hear anything as I slitted the dagger across my wrist. Blood started to pour from my wrist along with my tears.

The man beside me laughed aloud, 'The precious future Luna of your pack is gone. Now she's no one's but mine, so Alpha, I think it's time for you to leave.' I kept my head as low as I could because I cannot bear to see their expressions. What I did just now was to symbolize that the Yura they know is dead and I'm no longer related to them anymore.

After a long moment of silence, I heard a low grunt and one of the wolves walked out slowly. I knew exactly who it was and it just made my heart ache even worse, my poor brother. Slowly, one by one, the pack trudged out until one wolf stayed behind. I couldnt hold my cries anymore, I cried and cried as the wolf with the familiar scent watched me silently from below. He let out a soft whine as if calling me to come back. However, I continued to keep my head low until the man beside me put his arms around me and took me to a dark place. 

A solemn howl echoed through the cold and empty building for a very long time until i was brought back into the castle. I was still sobbing as I felt my body got weaker and weaker from the loss of blood. Soon, I out as he placed me on a soft bed. 'You'll be fine sweetheart..rest well..' was the last words I heard before falling into deep sleep. 

=======================================

Yura..Yura? I held my head when it started to throb with pain. Who's that? I called out into the distance but no one answered. The place was surrounded by a thick fog and all I could see was my fingers and the ground before my feet. 'Who's that?' I called again but this time I heard footsteps walking towards me. Yura.. My hands covered my mouth with shock as I stared at the person standing before me. 'What are you doing here?! Are you okay?' I ran towards him and started checking his arms and body.

I put my hands on his face and he just stared at me with those melancholic eyes. I didn't know what to say as I stared deep into them. 'I'm sorry..' I whispered and he lifted his hand to wipe the tears off my cheek. 'I should be the one saying that..' my heart was filled with so much emotion I didn't know what I was feeling. I closed my eyes and put my hand onto his, holding it closer to my face as I inhaled his sweet minty scent. 'I have to go.. Don't worry about me I will find a way for us.' 

After hearing those words, I opened my eyes and now I'm at a very different place. Confused, I sat up and scanned my surroundings. What is this? It looked like an enormous room with a very vintage feel. I took a deep breath and noticed a scent outside the room. Then, a knock came. In came a girl in a white satin gown with a silky lace cloak over her shoulders. She gave me a mild smile with her beautiful lips and said, 'Greetings Lady Yura, I'm your assistant and you can call me Jennie.' 

I frowned and thought for a while, 'Where am I? Where's Ken?' she dropped her head a little and let out a laugh, 'Lady Yura, you're now in his Majesty's chamber. And I apologize because I cannot tell you Prince Jaehwan's whereabouts.' The King's chamber? I took a look around and a thought slipped into my mind..oh god. My eyes landed at the door as I tried to see what was beyond this place but all I could see was darkness.

'His Majesty will be coming soon, please change into these as you await his arrival Lady Yura.' she handed me an ivory sleeping robe sewn with delicate beads and lace. Her eyes met mine and a sinister look made a frown form on my forehead. 'Alright, you may leave.' I gave her a nod and she gave me another smile before leaving the room. As soon as the door was closed, I searched the entire room for a window or a place that I could escape but this goddamn room is like a concrete box. 

How am I going to get out? As I continued to search, a mild scent alerted my senses. He's here! 

The door was pushed open and he came in wearing an ivory silk nightwear that look incredibly expensive with printed lace around the collar and sleeves. His eyes met mine and he took a glance at the pile beside me. The end of his lips curled up as he walked idly towards me. My heart raced when he stood before me, I thought of thousands of possibilities of what he might do to me, and what are my chances of escaping. 'How are you adjusting sweetheart?' he sat beside me and my hair with his long fingers.

His gentle voice made me feel rather agitated and frustrated. I didnt respond to him and turned my head away. His hand stopped before he leaned in closer. His icy breath blowing onto my ear as he spoke, 'This is our first night together, we should appreciate this night.' I felt his hand slide under my chin and turned my face to face him. His bright eyes staring down at mine expectingly as I furrowed my brows deeper. 'No way.' His movements paused and he cocked an eyebrow, my fingers now clenched into tight balls with nervousness. 

Without a word, he slide his index finger to my lip as his eyes followed his finger and stopped. 'Shush, no manners.' He turned his gaze back to my eyes and let out that sinister smirk again. With my heart racing, I raised my hand and held his, gently gripping it and removing it from my lips. His expression changed a little as he tilted his head. 'I will help you keep Ken here if that's what you want but please let me be with that child.' The smirk on his face dropped and he squinted his eyes at me. 'Sweetheart, what makes that child so important to you? You know you can never replace the one you lost with him.' 

I was slightly taken aback when he was actually listening to me and not playing tricks, this is the time to talk. 'Someone entrusted him to me so I'm never going to use him to replace the one I lost but I'm going to treat him as my own. Please allow me to stay with him.' My hands wrapped around his tighter as he continued to stare at me silently. I was anxious for his answer while he just sat there silently for a long time. Finally, a smile appeared on his lips and he said, 'I will see what I can do about that but first..'

His hands cupped my face and he close up our distance, his flowery scent awakening my senses even more until his lips landed on mine gently. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping that it was just going to be a kiss and that's all. My heart pounded against my chest as I felt his icy lips moved against mine slowly and parted from mine shortly after. More than I was grateful, I was shocked. I shot my gaze at him and a smile appeared on his face. It wasnt the arrogant or cynical one, it was a rather sad and solemn one.

A/N : Heyy readerss! Really want to thank you guys for reading and subscribing to my story, I really appreciate it >///< hope you guys can give me some feedback if the story is getting dull or weird so I can make it a whole lot better ^^~~ THANKS VERY MUCHHH ♡♡♡♡