Lovely

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

Ken

'Hisss....never thought you would be here just like us, Demon..' My eyes turned towards the first cell on the right side slowly, inside the darkness glowed a pair of cynical yellow eyes. 'Hissss...how does it feel? I will make space for you when they put you in here, what do you think?' the creature let out a wicked muffled laugh as he came out from the darkness, his long tongue wriggling out the steel bars towards me. He let out a low grunt when his tongue stopped before it could reach me. ' it..I will get you you Demon..' I watched silently as the long grostesque tongue wriggled its way back into the darkness.

'Hey, tell us! What is it that you're here?' another voice rang from the cell opposite the serpent's and the whole building started to come to life. He let out a crooked laugh and banged on the steel bars, waking the others. 'This is great my fellow mates! Now no one can stop us!!' tons of bellowing voices shook the graveled floor as it echoed throughout the cold building. I shut my eyes, tired of their immature actions. My hand felt a sting when I moved it and that's when I noticed the sharp spikes inside the cuffs that chained my hands to both sides. 

Seems like they're trying very hard to keep me from moving. My eyes shot up with frustration and the entire building went silent immediately. 'You all can try if you think no one can stop you now.' Silence was my reply. I took a deep breath and drop my gaze to my bare chest. Aside from the strong scent of rotting flesh coming from the cells, my own blood alerted my senses. Looks like I'm a mess after all those fighting. My eyes scanned the place and it was still the same as the day I left it. 

Gosh..my wounds are healing a whole lot slower. The fighting and blood loss is really taking a toll. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance of escaping if I don't heal. My hands tug at the chains softly as I flexed my muscles, making myself comfortable before I closed my eyes to rest. I have to recover quickly now.

############################

Yura

I sat in the empty room alone with my eyes staring at the big victorian carpet, filled with delicate gold patterns. 'How am I going to get out? Where did he keep them?' I mumbled to myself, running my fingers through my hair anxiously. 

Suddenly, a thought sparked in my mind. Where're we going to go after all this.. It was a dead end. Nothing's going to go well. Tears started to well up in my eyes as pessimistic thoughts flooded my mind. I knew it was too late to regret. We'll just have to follow fate. The cold air refreshed my hazy mind and I started with a plan.

First, I have to find Ken. I stood up and walked towards the door slowly. After sensing that no one was at the door, I turned the knob, pushing my head out. Darkness. What is this? Shouldn't there be a guard or something? Without a second thought, I braced my soul and made a run for it. I relied on my five senses throughout my search and a familiar scent made me stop in my tracks.

This scent.. the footsteps started coming closer and closer. Heavy and slow as if he was expecting something. Seems like he has discovered me, there's no need to hide then. I stood out from the shadows and saw his tall figure standing a few feet before me. His crimson eyes stared at me with confusion. 

I'll just have to try my luck this time. I walked towards him, heart racing as I knelt down before him. 'Please help me..' I said in a soft whisper lifting my head to stare at his eyes pleadingly. 'You..you shouldn't be out here.' he took a step backwards and lifted his hands in the air. 'Prince Hyunwoo, please help me..you just have to act as if you've never saw me that's all. I'll surely remember your kindness.' I lowered my body and said in a shaky tone, my heart racing as he continued to hesitate.

He knelt down as his sweet scent flowed into my senses. 'Please...don't come back.' his big hands held my trembling shoulders as he said those life saving words. I was more than grateful at that moment but I have no time to waste. 'Thank you so much..' my hands gripped his tightly, my eyes stared into his troubled ones for a short moment before I got up and dashed past him.

The hallways were eeriely silent. There wasn't a soul around. Usually there would be patrol guards but now there's none at all. I reached Taeyeon's room quickly and I knew why everything had been so silent. That scent, he was waiting for me.

I gulped as I stood before the mahogany door. My heart cursed, "This man is a damn psyho.". My hand twisted the doorknob and I saw him holding the sleeping child in his arms. 'Shh.. He's asleep.' he turned his head over his shoulder and gave me a smile. It made goosebumps run all over me as I stared at his back. 

'What took you so long sweetheart?' he placed the child gently on the bed and sat beside him. His eyes turned towards me as he waited for an answer. 'I knew you would be coming, but didn't knew you took such a long time, the boy has to sleep so I made him.' he stared at the boy with a soft gaze before turning back to me. 

Cold sweat ran down the sides of my face as I stood there stunned. I didn't know what to do. He got up and walked towards me, his footsteps unheard as if he was floating. But my heart jumped every step he took towards me. He slowly lifted my hands in his and stared at it for a while. 

'Let's take a seat and I'll tell you a story.' He guided me to the rocking chair placed in front of the fireplace. After sitting down, he pulled me in so that I sat on his lap. I jerked at his every movement. He pushed a few strands of my hair away from my face and took in a deep breath. 'You know, the royal vampire family is special. We own abilities that others our kind don't. Each of the royals have a one of a kind ability..and mine.. is reading other's memories.' he my face with the back of his hand as he stared into my eyes deeply.

I tried to look away but my body wasn't following my mind. My eyes were locked with his for a long time until a grin appeared on his face. 'So many people are hiding so many things from you and yet, you still believe them? How sad is that?' he leaned in closer and his gaze fell to my lips. I gasped, jerking backwards but he held me tight. 

'I know my son well.. he gets everything he wants and he doesn't mind hurting others. Including you my dear..what you have seen about him is what he has shown to you, like this one..' his lips touched mine and he mimicked Ken's lips on mine the other day. I was stunned it was so real I thought it was really him.

My hands pushed him away and broke the kiss. I sprang up to my feet and glared at him furiously. 'Just tell me what you've got to say!' I was beyond myself, I couldn't hold it anymore as I yelled at him. My blood was boiling and my head was spinning. He laughed like he had just watched a comedy before continuing, his words were cut off by his own laughter. 'Fine, fine sweetheart. I'll let..you know..the truth if you..would follow me.' he held out his hand after getting up and gave me a nod. 

I glared at his hand with disgust but forced myself to take it. I've got to know what he's playing.