Ours

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

I sobbed silently in the cold room with the sleeping baby in my arms. Ken went to her burial but I wasn't allowed, saying I wasn't one of them. So I stayed back with the baby. The baby let out a soft grunt and kicked my arm. I dropped my gaze and gave him a mild smile 'Its alright little one, let's lie down.' The little baby twisted and turned as he tried to escape the warm cashmere. His big round eyes turned to me, seeking for help.

I gave him another smile and unwrapped him from his cocoon. Sweeping his smooth blonde hair away from his round forehead, I slide my hand down his small back and smiled. The baby let out a chuckle and hearing it made my heart break. Tears rolled down my eyes as I held him closely. Poor little one..I'll protect you from now on.

***********

When the sun sat above the mountains, Ken came back with a heavy look on his face. He took off his black coat and placed it on the chair beside us. Turning towards me, he stared at the sleeping boy in my arms.

He encircled his arm around my shoulders and placed a kiss on my forehead. 'You heard her right? Let's take good care of him.' I leaned onto his shoulder and nodded softly, indulging myself inside his cold embrace, listening to his soft whisper 'He's ours..'

***********

Hyunwoo

It's a bright new day again as I walked through the crowded city. The villagers doing their usual routine such as buying and selling food along the market. 'Good morning, Prince Hyunwoo.' Mr Gregory said while he chopped a slab of meat and placed it in a basket. He gave me a wide smile and I returned him with the friendliest smile I can muster before walking away.

'Ms Yura, come have these fresh grapes I picked this morning.'

'Ms Yura, please have these lamb steaks.'

'Ms Yura, here are some flowers.'

'Ms Yura..'

The generosity of the villagers to one particular maiden caught my attention. I tilted my head and asked Mrs Laneve about all the commotion caused by the villagers. She laughed and replied 'Haven't you heard of Ms Yura? The precious daughter of the previous Moon Pack alpha?'

My eyes returned to the girl in the middle of the crowd. She swayed her dress gracefully and gave everyone a gentle smile. 'She's the sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life. Everyone in the city adores her.' Mrs Laneve grinned widely with her eyes still lingering on that peculiar girl.

The villagers gave her a big basket filled with food and other basic necessities enough for two. Upon receiving the basket, the girl bowed at the villagers and laid another charm on them with her enchanting smile. Pleased by her grateful attitude, the villagers laughed happily before getting back to work. 

I followed closely behind her, tempted to study more about this interesting wolf girl everyone was talking about.

When we reached the Andelton Bridge, a few children came running towards her. 'Ms Yura!!' She laughed and got down to give them a big hug. 

'Ms Yura, we missed you a lot.' 'Yeah.' She laughed, replying with a clear soothing voice 'I'm sorry kids, how have you guys been doing?' 'We've been fine and we did not cause any trouble as well.' 'That's good.' She the little boy's head and gave him a warm smile.

'Greetings Prince Hyunwoo.' The voice of a little girl made the children and the girl direct their attention towards me. I stood still for a moment before replying her with a nod. The girl made me glue my eyes onto her attractive crystal blue ones.

Her attentive eyes are so blue and mysterious they urged me to discover more about the secrets behind them. She smiled mildly and nodded at me before turning back to the children.

'I have to go now kids, let's play some other time okay?' 'Awww~~' she giggled and patted their heads before standing up to walk away. My legs moved involuntarily towards her, closing our distance until she was at arm's length.

'Stop.' She stopped and turned around slowly. 'Is something the matter?' My mind went blank for a second and I couldn't say a word. Her smooth eyebrow moved to a confused frown as she continued staring at me. 'Do you need some help?'

I reached my hand towards the basket she was holding and took it over. 'Oh, thank you.' She put her hands together and dip her head down with a shade of rosy pink blossoming on her cheeks. A smile escaped my lips as I observed her reaction.

'Where do you stay?' 'Inside that tower.' She pointed towards the side tower of the palace and gave me a smile. I stared at her until a confused look appeared on her beautiful face. 'Oh..let's go.' 

****************

Throughout the walk, I asked her about some things related to her family and she told me that her alpha banned everyone from looking at her since she was little. She was not allowed to leave home or even make friends until she was a teenager. She even told me about a secret hideout she always goes to whenever she wants to get away from her brother. As she was talking about her rebellious adventures, the adorable mischievous look on her face made me want to pinch those smooth cheeks so badly.

After a 15 minute walk, the tall tower came to view.

'Emm..I can go on alone from here. Thanks.' She took the basket and walked into the elevator inside the old castle. She gave me a shy nod and pressed the button to close the elevator gate.

She was indeed a sweetheart. Unlike the women in our place. She was elegant, graceful and sophisticated. Attractive..

************

'What took you so long love?' Ken said as he greeted me by the door with the toddler in his arms. 'The villagers held me back for a moment and they gave me these.' I showed him the basket filled with appetizing food and beautiful flowers before giving him a wink.

'You're valuable babe, should've locked you up here.' He laughed and took the basket from me. Putting the little boy on the floor. 'Come here, my baby Eduard.' The beautiful boy stretched his arms towards me and circled them around my neck.

'Mama!' I laughed and lifted him to the air. 'Is my 'precious one' hungry yet?' 'Yes, mama. Please cook for me.' He said cheerfully before planting a kiss on my cheek. 'Of course, my love.' I put him down and asked him to play with his toys while I prepare for dinner.

Ken was placing the items into the kitchen cabinet when I went into the kitchen. 'Hey, babe. Why don't we spend the night in another room?' He hugged me from the back and leaned his face by the side of my head. 'Geez, did you forget to eat your medicine?' 

He chuckled and kissed the back of my head. 'No medicine can cure me when you are constantly driving me crazy babe.' 'Gosh, Ken..'

'Papa!' The high-pitched voice made the both of us jump. Within a split second, Ken was leaning against the kitchen counter like nothing happened.

He cleared his throat with a hit of annoyance in it 'What is it, Eduard?' I chuckled and continued my work. 'Can you play with me?' The little boy came and hugged his legs, staring at him with pleading eyes. 'Oh, sure, sure..anything for you, son..' Ken sighed and went out with the toddler dragging him along.

They are so adorable. I have no idea why, but the boy is turning to look more like him as he grows. And even more, he starts to talk like him. Using those sweet words and stuff. They really are like father and son.

************

Dinner was prepared and I went out to call them to the kitchen table. 'Mama is the best cook!' I smiled widely as the little boy ate his dinner with gusto. 'As expected from my beloved wife.' Ken came from behind and lifted my face with his fingers, brushing a kiss on my lips before sitting down by the table.

Heat rushed to my cheeks immediately, burning them. He chuckled and said to the child 'Eat quickly little man. Mama and papa are going to give you a little brother tonight.'