Ruby Red

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

My vision blurred as I stared into crystal-blue eyes staring back at mine innocently. Her soft honey-berry scent flowing up my nose like incense. Her fingers drifted up my face gently, forcing me to close my eyes and lean in to her warm and comforting hand. 

'Are you awake?' My eyes opened reluctantly when her melancholic voice rang in my ear. 'Where are we?' I curved my lips into a smile when I thought of her innocent question. 'In my world.' Her blue eyes widened with surprise as they started to look around with curiosity. I held in my smile and caressed her beautiful ruby-red hair.

'You...live here?' She turned back to me with her beautiful eyebrow inclined slightly. I gave her a nod and she got off me to explore the other side of the pool.

'Wow! It's amazing Ken!' Her wide smile reminded me of the youger her when she was still the precious treasure of her brother. I wouldn't have thought of how special she was if it wasn't for her ruby-red hair that crash down her shoulders so gorgeously.

I moved towards her, holding her shoulders and turning her towards me gently. My heart wavered when she stared at me with those pretty blue eyes. Her hand reached up to my hair, bringing the water along with it only to flow back down that velvet skin again.

'You look...different?' She frowned as her fingers played with the ends of my ash blonde hair. 'This is how I truly look. Disappointed?' The look in her eyes made my heart ache when she hesitated for an answer.

To my surprise, her face beamed and she leaned in to study my features more closely. 'You look beautiful now! Why didn't you look like this in the pack?' I let out a sigh with the thought of how good this girl is at playing with me. She had me tied around her finger tips.

'Well, I wouldn't want to stand out too much right?' She smiled, turning her eyes into crescents as she turned back to the fountain again. My heart swooned at her every movement, every gesture she makes drives me crazy; so provocative and enticing.

'Don't you even feel a tint bit of fear being at a place you are not at all familiar with?' 'Fear? Why?' She turned towards me, waiting for my answer.

'You see..I could drown you...right here.' I put my hands on her shoulders, giving her a smirk. She swung her hands around my neck, splashing some water onto my face as she brought me down with her. 

"I can hold my breath for 15 minutes." a shade of innocent-cockyness played on her face when she let out a wide smile inside the crystal clear water. I laughed and put my arm around her hourglass waist, pulling her closer towards me.

Her smile dropped with surprise filling her eyes. Her cuteness is so undeniable I was enjoying it. Before I could bring our lips together, her eyes widened and she pushed me out of the water. Backing up a distance and gasping for air frantically.

My brows furrowed and my mind stirred for an answer. Is 15 minutes up already? No way, that's too fast. Did I hurt her? 'What's wrong?' I went towards her and she backed up, screaming. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown as I struggled for an answer. Damnit! What is wrong with her?!

She started to look around as if she was looking for something while I sat there staring at her like an idiot. 'Please tell me what's WRONG?!' 

'How can you be so rude to a lady?' I turned to my side and see a familiar lady standing a few feet from the pond. I was so engrossed with the girl I totally missed out on sensing another presence in our space. 'Taeyeon..'

Her cherry full lips curved into a gentle smile as she turned towards the girl. 'What's your name?' 'Yura.' 'Yura, it's nice to meet you. My name is Taeyeon. I have brought you some clothes to change in. Do you want it now?' The girl nodded and stared at Taeyeon like her life saver.

Taeyeon handed the girl an ivory dress with silver lacing at the edges and turned towards me. 'Please give her some privacy.' I frowned and took a glance at the girl who had her back facing me. Taeyeon shrugged and I gave her a glare before turning around.

As she was getting dressed, I stepped out of the pool and put on some clean clothes prepared by the blonde haired girl. I turned around and see the girl whispering to Taeyeon with a fascinated look in her eyes. Taeyeon gave her a smile and shifted her gentle gaze towards me.

'Long time no see, Ken.' I stood there without any reaction until she turned back to the girl. 'Let me take you to your room, sweetheart.' 'No, she's staying with me.' Taeyeon arched her eyebrow and stro.ked the girl's hair. 'In that place? I think better not.' She held the girl's hand and pulled her away despite my disagreement.

My hands clenched into tight fists as I followed behind her. 

'Yura, this is your room.' Taeyeon pushed open a wooden door to a big empty space furnished with some old Venetian furniture. 'Wow, this is amazing!' The girl walked in and started exploring the room. 'She's the liveliest creature I've ever met.' Taeyeon giggled and walked into the room.

'I'm glad you like it sweetheart.' 'Oh my god!!' The girl squealed as she pushed up the window frame, poking her head out of the window. 'This place is amazing!' A strange feeling hit me when she finished her sentence. She has attracted quite some attention here. The thought of keeping her here under a low profile is going to be a problem if she continues on like this.

'Yura, can you quiet down?' Her body tensed and she turned around with a frown on her forehead. 'Taeyeon, I'm hungry~' she held Taeyeon's hands with a slight pout on her face making the other laugh at her innocence. 'Alright, alright, I'll get you something while you wait here with Ken. Okay?' 'Alright~' the girl let out a brilliant smile when Taeyeon touched her blushing cheek before walking out of the room with a bright smile.

'You like it so much here?' I closed the door behind me and walked towards the girl at the window. 'It's peaceful here. There's nothing much to worry about.' My hands slide down the sides of her arms as I inhaled her scent from behind. Her intoxicating scent excite me as I leaned in to blow a kiss on her neck.

'I don't want to return...but I have to.' 'Then don't, stay with me, there's nothing worth your existence there anymore.' She shuddered and lowered her head, 'I can't.' Her shoulders trembled, struggling to hold in the tears that are threatening to fall.

'It's fine, you will find out one day that there's nothing worth your existence at that place while staying here. And then, you will stay here with me for eternity.' I put my arms around her waist and leaned in to embrace her weak body, pressing a soft kiss on her shoulder as I did so.

After dinner, night came. 'Taeyeon, where are you staying? Is it a few rooms from here?' Taeyeon smiled as she stared at the enchanting girl sitting before her. How amazing it is that a werewolf can lay such a charm on her.

She held the girl's hand and feel the extreme warmth that is only possible for werewolves like this one. But it seems so inappopriate to call this enchanting girl a werewolf; she deserves better. If she was to be born a vampire, she would have long been a queen that will charm every other with her appealing features and be the only love in the king's heart.

What a waste for a girl like her.

'Yes, sweetheart. You can come over anytime you want.' The girl smiled and stared at her like a little child. She's just too exquisite. 'It's time for bed sweetheart, make sure you get a good rest. Goodnight.' She laid a kiss on the girl's cheek and shifted her gaze to the boy standing by the door. She stared at him for a moment before getting up and exiting the room.

**********

'Go to sleep babe.' I gave a smirk to the yawning girl, walking over to blow off the candle. 'What about you? I thought vampires don't sleep.' She got up and head towards the window again, staring at the dark blue sky and the silent forest a few hundred yards from the castle. 'Don't worry about me. You have to meet the king tomorrow.' Her crystal blue eyes blinked under the glowing moonlight as she turned towards me.

'What?' 'Don't worry, I'll keep you safe.' My hand slide up to  her smooth jaw and move into her soft red curls. 'King?! No way!' She grabbed my hand and a frown appeared on her forehead, there she goes again.