Chapter 9

I will always be there for you

Chapter 9

After school, Guigui pushed her way through the usual crowd as she finally managed to get some air.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Ahhh..." Guigui took in a deep breath, "much better." She steadied the bag on her shoulder and headed home. As she walked, she thought about Aaron and Hebe. They seemed even more close than ever. Then she thought about Geroge. He was really nice... but she could feel that he treated her more than just a friend. Aaron must've noticed too, because he hardly talked to him. Guigui stopped walking. [Wait... is Aaron getting jealous? But why would he be jealous? He has Hebe already... but still... he IS getting jealous... does that mean I still stand a chance?] Guigui paused. [Wait. No way! Hebe is your best friend, you can't do that! Besides, it'd be mean to use Aaron.] Guigui nodded, and pushed away all those thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------
Once Guigui got home, she sat herself down onto the desk and opened up her notebook. She flipped to a clean sheat of paper and sat there, trying to think of a topic for her essay. Her mind drifted back to Geroge and Aaron. She just couldn't concentrate on her essay anymore. Half of her wanted to use Geroge to make Aaron jealous, but the other half was telling her no, that using Geroge is just mean and that Hebe is her best friend and she can't hurt her like that. "UGH!!!" Guigui put her head into her arms.

* * *
*Next day.*
Guigui walked into the school. She was wearing a cute white turtleneck sweater and green baggy khaki pants. She had already made her mind. No, she was NOT going to use Geroge to make Aaron jealous. She would never do that. Guigui completely ignored all the guys who were yelling at her to go out with them.
"Guigui!" Geroge called and ran up to her.
Guigui forced a smile, "Hey Geroge."
Geroge frowned, "Are you okay?"
"Of course."
"But-"
"Geroge..." Guigui turned to him, "I'm okay." she gave him a genuine smile.
Geroge nodded, "Okay."
As Guigui walked down the hallway with Geroge, her smile slowly disappeared. Just thinking about Aaron and Hebe made her unhappy all over again. She sighed and followed Geroge into the classroom, to her surprise, she saw Aaron sitting in his desk already.
Guigui ran over, “AARON! What are you doing here? You're early!!!"

Aaron shrugged, "I just felt like seeing my best friend again." he shot her a smile.
A smile lit up on Guigui's face as her heart melted at the sight of Aaron's smile.

Geroge frowned as he noticed how Guigui looked at Aaron differently. He could tell that Guigui liked Aaron.
"Sit down." Aaron pointed at the seat next to him. The actual reason why he came early, was to watch Geroge and to make sure he didn't get close to Guigui [And no, I'm not jealous.] Aaron tried to convince himself. [I'm just... being concerned for my best friend.]
Guigui nodded happily and sat down next to him, completely forgetting about Geroge, who was still standing in the doorway.

Geroge sighed and walked over to the back of the classroom and sat down. [Why does Guigui still like that jerk? It's obvious he just treats her as a friend. Besides, he's already got a girlfriend. So why does Aaron still seem so protective over Guigui?] Geroge watched Aaron and Guigui laugh and talk to each other.

Guigui giggled at something that Aaron said. For some reason, whenever she talked to Aaron, she felt that all her sorrows and worries were all gone. [Maybe it's better to just treat Aaron as a best friend again and talk to him like this, than to try to forget about him and Hebe.] Guigui sighed happily. She felt much better now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the lame chapters. X.x