Chapter 5

I will always be there for you

Chapter 5

The very next day, Guigui was feeling a bit better. She had on her usual clothes again, what she called "comfort wear." She had on a pair of baggy white capris, a black laced tank top with a grey sweater over top. Her hair was still curly and was pulled up in a high ponytail. Despite the fact that she wasn't dressed all cute and girly, when she entered the school, a group of guys still crowded around her, trying to ask her out.
Guigui pushed through the crowd, "Excuse me..." She finally managed to get to her locker. Opening the door and stuffing her bag inside, she took out a couple of books and headed towards her classroom with a group of guys still trailing behind her. Guigui sat down in her seat. A couple of them still lingered near her. She opened a novel that she had started a few days ago and started reading. She peeked up from the book and looked around. [Good. Aaron's not here. I still can't quite face him yet.]

"GUIGUI!!!!" Hebe burst into the classroom and ran over. "Guess what?"

"What?" Guigui looked up from her book.

"Aaron... he... ASKED ME OUT!!!" Hebe squealed.

"Congratulations." Guigui had already expected it, but she still felt like she was being stabbed by a knife.

A couple of girls around them started whispering. They couldn't believe that Aaron had asked Hebe out.

"I can't believe it... I never thought he would!! Guigui, you know how happy I am?"

"Uh huh..."

"Yeah, and you know, he told me that I have the sweetest voice and that I'm really good at singing."

Guigui managed to nod. She tried to keep the tears in.

"You know what that means?"

"What?"

"That he must really notice me! I mean, I hardly EVER sing... but he still manages to be able to listen to me when I hum tunes once in a while. Isn't that great?"

"Mmmhmmm..."

"Wait."

"What?"

Hebe frowned, "Where are the clothes that I bought with you? Why aren't you wearing them?"

"Hebe..."

"Don't Hebe me. You look absolutely ADORABLE in them. You still look cute in those clothes, but they're too... casual..."

"So? At least they're comfortable."

"Guigui, please? Tomorrow, wear the... yellow one."

Guigui groaned, "Oh no. Not that one. It makes me look like a bee."

"But it's so CUTE!!"

"Okay, okay. Fine. Only if you stop pestering me."

"Okay! Promise you'll wear it?"

Guigui sighed. "Yes. I promise."

"YIPEEE!!!" Hebe squealed again and left the classroom. "See ya Guigui!"

* * *

Just after the 1st bell rang, Aaron entered the classroom. "Guigui!!" he yelled.

Guigui sighed and looked up from her book. Then, she noticed Aaron. She immediately put her nose back in the book. Looking at Aaron, made her heart hurt even more. She couldn't stand the pain.

Aaron didn't notice. He sat down. "I asked Hebe out."

"Yeah, I know. She told me." Guigui kept her head down. She couldn't stand looking in Aaron's eyes. It hurt too much.

Aaron sighed happily. "So now, we're dating. I'm glad."

Guigui nodded. "Yeah..."

* * *

*After school.*

It was Monday, and like every Monday, Guigui headed towards the music room. As she sat down on the bench and started playing the piano, she had flashbacks of what had happened that day at lunch. In the cafeteria, just watching Hebe and Aaron together, hurt her so much. Now as she played, she felt tears rolling down her cheeks. She felt like something piercing through her heart. She couldn't stand watching them together, it was so painful. Especially when she knew that Aaron had mistaken Hebe for her.

* * *

Aaron smiled as he approached the music room. [Must be Hebe again.] He tried the door knob, it was locked. [That silly girl, why does she always lock the door?]

* * *

Guigui stopped playing. She wiped away her tears. "Guigui... you have to be strong..." she whispered to herself.