Chapter 14

I will always be there for you

Chapter 14

Geroge walked into the music room. The door was unlocked again. He saw Guigui sprawled onto the piano, crying her heart out.

He walked over and said softly to her, "Guigui..."

Guigui didn't even lift her head up, "Geroge... please leave me alone."

"Are you going to be okay?" Geroge asked, worried.
Guigui nodded between sobs.

"Okay then..." Geroge left the room. [I hope she's going to be okay. I really don't understand. Why does she like Aaron so much? What does she see in him? Can't she tell that I'm the one that cares about her the most? Aaron already have a girlfriend, so why isn't she giving up?]

Once Geroge got home, he flopped himself down onto the couch and stared blankly at the ceiling. "I hope Guigui’s okay."

* * *
*The next day.*
Like yesterday, Guigui walked in lifelessly. She walked slowly to class, her head drooping down. Once she got into class, she sank into her chair, completely ignoring the fact that Geroge was in the classroom. She put her head into her arms.

"Guigui?" Geroge asked softly.
No reply.

Geroge looked closer at her and saw that there were dark circles under her eyes, her face was pale. "Guigui... don't be like that."
No reply.

"Guigui... please, it hurts me to see you like this."
No reply.

At lunch, the same. Hebe and Aaron hardly noticed a thing. Guigui sat there poking at her lunch. She hadn't eaten a bite. She stood up to throw it into the garbage can. Geroge stood up to stop her. "Don't do that to yourself. You need to eat. If you keep on going on like this, you'll get sick."

"I'm fine." Guigui looked Geroge straight in the eyes for the first time.

Aaron looked over and saw Geroge holding onto Guigui's arm, talking to her. [Ignore them. Concentrate on Hebe. She's your girlfriend.] He turned away.

* * *
Guigui settled into her bed, underneath the covers. She reached under her bed and took out a photo album. Flipping to the first page was a picture of her and her family. She flipped over the page and saw a picture of 2 year old Aaron, hebe and her. Smiling proudly from the swings. Her finger smoothed the page out before flipping it over. The next page had a picture of them again, this time a little older and they weren't looking at the camera. Hebe was sitting on the ground, playing with sticks. Guigui and Aaron were standing near her. Aaron was smiling at Guigui and Guigui's head was tilted backwards, laughing hysterically at something Aaron had said. A tear dropped onto the page. She missed the times that she, Aaron and Hebe were best friends again, playing together and having fun.

*Flashback.*

6 year old Guigui, Aaron and Hebe walked down the street. Their parents were a bit farther back, talking and laughing with each other. The 3 little kids walked towards the park and their parents sat down on a nearby bench, chatting.

"Come on! Let's go on the slide! I'll race you two!" little Aaron cried as he started to run.

"HEY! NO FAIR! YOU GOT A HEAD START!!!" Guigui shouted and began running.

"WAIT FOR ME GUIGUI!!!" Hebe hurried to catch up.

Aaron stompped at the slide, panting. "Haha. Me first. Hebe, you're the rotten egg."

.
"Hey." Hebe crossed her arms, pretending to be mad.

Guigui giggled. She caught something in the corner of her eyes. Turning around, she saw a man, not very far away, standing behind a booth. There was a big bunch of balloons tied together beside the stand. "Oohh... balloons, I want the pink one."

"Okay!" Aaron smiled. "Wait." he hurried over to where his parents were sitting and asked them something. Then he ran over to the stand.

Guigui watched, curious.

The man smiled as he handed Aaron the pink balloon.
Aaron took it and smiled, running towards where Hebe and Guigui were standing. "Here Guigui. For you." he handed Guigui the balloon.

"Thanks Aaron." Guigui took it, and gazed happily at the pink balloon.

*End of flashback.*

Guigui’s lips curled into a smile as a tear rolled down her cheek.
====================================================