Chapter 4

I will always be there for you

Chapter 4

Aaron ran down the hallway, looking right and left. [Where's Hebe?] He turned a corner and finally spotted Hebe. The hallway was completely empty, since most people had already left. After all, it was a Friday afternoon, everyone was eager to start their weekend. Hebe was twirling around the lock and her locker as she continued to hum.
Aaron smiled as he slowed down to a walk and headed towards her. "Hey Hebe."

Hebe looked up. "Oh hey Aaron! What's up?" she grabbed a textbook out of her locker and dropped it into her bag. Slamming her locker shut, she started to walk away.

Aaron caught up with her. "Oh, well you know, I just wanted to say-"

Hebe's cell phone started to ring really loudly. "Sorry, hold on." Hebe took out her cell phone and slid it open, "Hello? Mom? Oh. Sorry. No, it's just that I had to- Okay. Fine. I'm coming. Bye." She put her phone away. "Sorry Aaron, I gotta go. My mom is freaking out already because I'm late. See ya!" Hebe ran away.

Aaron just stood there and smiled. [I've never felt this before, but now that I know that Hebe's that mysterious girl, I think I'm starting to like her.] He whistled happily as he left also headed towards the exit.

* * *

Guigui smiled happily. "There. Now I should better head home." She put her folder into her bag and unlocked the door. She continued to softly sing Nu sheng, the song that she was currently practicing. She got to the main doors and was about to hurry out, when she noticed that it was pouring. "Oh great. When did it start to rain? And I forgot to bring an umbrella." Guigui sighed and winced as she walked through the heavy rain. Her hair was already completely soaked. Lifting up her bag on top of her head as an umbrella, she continued to walk slowly. She suddenly felt the rain stop. "Wow. That's weird." she took off the bag from on top of her head and looked up at the sky. To her surprise, she saw an umbrella. She turned around and saw Aaron standing. "Oh... hi Aaron." Guigui turned around and blushed. [What is he doing here?]

Aaron smiled at her. "C'mon. I'll walk you home."

"Thanks." Guigui shuddered, it was getting cold, and the blouse that she had on was really thin.

"Here." Aaron took off his jacket and put it around her shoulders.

"But you're getting all wet!" Guigui pointed at Aaron's shoulder that was indeed, getting really wet.

Aaron shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever. That's better than you catching a cold."

Guigui giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

Guigui sighed happily. [I can't believe it. I'm sharing an umbrella with Aaron and I have his coat over my shoulders!! I feel like the most happiest person on Earth!!]

"Hey Guigui..." Aaron paused.

"Yeah?"

"Could you do me a big favour?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"Ummm... you're my best friend right?"

"Of course Aaron. What is it? Just spit it out."

"Okay, okay. It's this. I think... I'm starting to like Hebe..."

Guigui stopped walking. "What?" she slowly turned to face Aaron.

"I'm starting to like Hebe. You see, I was just wondering if you could help me find out how Hebe feels about me? I've been secretly following her after school. Did you know that Hebe's really musically talented? She plays the piano so well and her voice... it's so sweet.." Aaron had on a dreamy look on his face, he kept on walking, not noticing that Guigui was just standing there in the rain.

"And Guigui, you know... Guigui?" Aaron turned around and saw Guigui just standing there, staring at her feet.

Guigui bit her lip, trying to stop herself from crying. [He must've been going to the music room and saw Hebe come out of it today...]

"Guigui!" Aaron ran over to her. "Are you okay? So could you help me do that? Find out how Hebe feels for me?"

Guigui held back the tears in her eyes. "I don't need to find out. I know already..."

"Really?"

Guigui nodded, sadly. "She... she... likes you..." Tears started rolling down her cheeks. "Here, have your coat back. I'm going!" Guigui pushed the jacket into Aaron's arms and ran away. She was getting soaked in the rain but she didn't care. The guy that she had secretly liked for so many years, liked her best friend. She was glad that it was raining, that way, with the rain pouring down on her, people passing by wouldn't be able to tell that she was crying.

Aaron stood there holding his jacket. [Did I say something wrong? What's wrong with Guigui? Isn't she happy for me and Hebe?]

Guigui burst through the door to her house. She was completely soaked. Her eyes and nose were puffy and red from the cold and also from crying so much.

Guigui's mom rushed over. "Guigui! You're soaked!!! What's wrong? Were you crying?"

Guigui forced a smile. "Of course not. I just forgot to bring an umbrella, that's all. I'm not crying."

"But... you're eyes, they're so red!"

"Ummm... it might be my allergies again or something. I'm going to go take a shower and dry off." Guigui ran upstairs and grabbed a pair of stitch PJs on her way. She hurried into the bathroom and locked the door. Sighing unhappily, she slid to the ground. Remembering what Aaron had just said to her, she started crying all over again. "Aaron..." she cried between sobs, "... I love you so much..." Guigui the shower and peeled off the wet and sticky clothes off her and went into the shower. She closed her eyes and let the warm water rush onto her body. "Why did you have to mistake Hebe for me, Aaron? Why?"

-----------------------------------------
How's my update?
COMMENT PLEASE! :D