Chapter 2

I will always be there for you

Chapter 2

*The next day before school.*

Aaron came to school much earlier than he usually he did. He may have always been a good student and everything, but he always either came late or RIGHT on time. Once, there was this contest for the whole entire school to see which homeroom could have PERFECT attendance for a whole week, which meant with no one absent and everyone on time. The people in the class who won would get a free week's worth of cafeteria tickets for lunch. Anyways, Guigui managed to get Aaron to get to school on time, except on Friday, the very last day of the contest, Aaron was rushing late and he came in, right AFTER the second bell rang. You could tell all the students were disappointed, but they were too scared to show it, Aaron was the most feared, and the most admired guy in the school.

As he walked down the hallways, a couple of girls gave him the usualy googly-eyed look, but most of them were shocked to see Aaron come early to school. He went downstairs and headed towards the music room. To his disappointment, there was no one inside other than Mr. Lin in his office.

He knocked on the door, "Mr. Lin?"

Mr. Lin came out, "Aaron... you sure are... early..."

Aaron nodded, "Whatever. Anyways, I came to ask you something."

"Shoot away." Mr. Lin motioned him into his office, as he sat down in his chair.

Aaron sat down on the sofa, "So... what I wanted to ask was, yesterday, I happened to walk past and I heard a girl playing the piano and singing. I was just wondering if you knew who she is?"

"Ummm..." Mr. Lin frowned. He didn't know what to do. Now, Mr. Lin is a very nice teacher and is willing to help students out with anything, but he had promised Guigui to keep her love for music and everything a secret. And he ALWAYS kept his promises.

"Mr. Lin..." Aaron prompted him to go on.

"Uhh... I'm actually not quite sure... I know who you're talking about but I'm afraid I don't know her name." Mr. Lin lied.

"You don't know her name?"

Mr. Lin shook his head, he turned around and faced the computer screen, away from Aaron. Not only did he hate breaking promises, but he hated to lie to people too.

Aaron shrugged his shoulders, "Okay then. But could you find out for me? I could you perhaps bring me to see her or something?"

"Uhh... sure..." Mr. Lin lied again. He knew that Guigui would hate if he did that.

"Thanks. See you around." Aaron left.

Mr. Lin sighed. He hated lying to people.

* * *

Guigui entered into her homeroom and sat down in her usual seat. She and Aaron were in the same homeroom, and Hebe was in a different one. Guigui looked around and saw that Aaron wasn't there. [Well, of course he isn't here, he's never early.] So Guigui put her head into her arms and decided to catch up on some sleep. She had stayed up late reading this really good novel.

"GUIGUI!!!!!!!!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Guigui screamed and put her head up to see Aaron. "Oh hey Aaron? Did the bell ring alrady?"

"Nope." Aaron sat down next to her.

Guigui frowned, confused, and looked at the clock on the wall. "WOAAHHH!!!"

Aaron spun around, "WHAT?! What's wrong?"

Guigui giggled, "Oh... uh... nothing. It's just that... you're early."

Aaron shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

A girl approached them shyly, and she held out a pink letter with red and white hearts all over it, "MynameisSelina,willyougooutwithmeplease?" Selina blurted out quickly.

Guigui sighed and put her head back down. She was used to this now.

Aaron turned back around, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Tears gathered in Selina's eyes. "Okaaayy..." She just stood there.

Aaon yawned and turned around again, "You still here? Shouldn't you go to class now?"

Selina nodded and she put her head down sadly as she left the room.

"Aww... that was so sad..." Guigui watched the girl leave.

Aaron shrugged, "Whatever. What am I supposed to do? Go out with her because I pity her?"

"Well... no..." Guigui answered quietly, but what she wanted to shout out, "OF COURSE NOT!!! I WANT YOU TO GO OUT WITH MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" but of course, she didn't.

* * *

*After school.*

As Guigui had promised yesterday, she went shopping with Hebe. Guigui wasn't really in the mood for it, but whatever. At least Hebe was happy. She was holding about a million shopping bags.

Guigui watched, bored, as a couple of guys their age, walked past, pretty much drooling over Hebe. She sighed, "Hebe... you've bought so much already, shouldn't we head home?"

"But... it's only been like an hour!" Hebe whined.

"Only an hour? That's a lot you know. If you keep this up, you'll be broke soon!!!"

Hebe smiled sweetly, "Right. And when I'm broke, I'll just borrow some money from you."

Guigui rolled her eyes, "Like you'll you have money to pay me back..." she muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

The two of them went into a brightly-litted up boutique. Well, actually, it was more like Hebe dragged Guigui into the boutique. Hebe squealed as she ran over, plucking a white blouse and a black and light purple plaid skirt of the its hanger.

Guigui sighed again. "You're not buying more clothes right?"

"Of course I'm not buying them."

"Good."

"You're buying them!!"

"WHAT?" Guigui shouted.

A couple of the people working in the store looked up.

Guigui lowered her voice, "I'm not getting that for you. Besides, it looks too much like a weird school uniform."

"No no... not for me, for you!"

"Me?"

"Of course. Guigui, you'll look SOOOO cute in this!!" Hebe held up the outfit beside Guigui.

Guigui frowned, "But it's not my style." Guigui looked down at the cargo-like capris and the white Tommy Hilfiger sweater she had on.

"You HAVE to try it on! Come on!!!" Hebe shoved the outfit into Guigui's arms and pushed her towards the changing rooms. "Hurry! I'm waiting!"

Guigui sighed in disgust as she locked the door. She usually wore more casual clothes, this outfit was way too girly and cute for her, but she put them on anyway. Guigui plastered on a fake smile onto her face as she carefully looked over herself in the mirror. Amazingly, like Hebe had said, it actually DID look sorta good on her...

"Are you done yet?" Hebe called, "Come out! I want to see you with it on."

"Okay!!!" Guigui opened the door to the changing rooms and came out.

Hebe's jaw dropped open as she stood up from the sofas that she was sitting on while waiting. "Guigui... you look... absolutely beautiful!!! The guys at school will for sure fall for you!"

"I could care less whether or not they fall for me." Guigui retorted.

"Whatever!" Hebe ran over. "It looks great... except for one thing..."

Guigui frowned, "What?"

Hebe grinned. She held up Guigui's long black hair which was always worn down. "I've got the best idea!"