Day 3-3

7 Days' Miracle
DAY 3
 
 
 
Jinhyun grabbed her seat next to the brunette on the middle row of the audience seat in the gymnasium. The place was rather wide and spacious although it will appear small during tournaments thanks to the capacity of people filling in.
 
 
 
 
“Here .I don’t exactly know what you like so I just bought this. You don’t have to drink it if you hate it though.” Jinhyun said as she handed Yongsun a cup of mixed grain powder drinks.
 
 
 
 
“I like it. Thanks Jinhyun.” Yongsun answered with a cute smile as she stretched her hand out to receive the drink.
 
 
 
 
“That’s a relief.” Jinhyun responded before having a sip of her own ice latte.
 
 
 
“So.. what is it that you want to tell me? About Byul’s past.” Yongsun asked, her eyes looking at the extremely beautiful girl next to her.
 
 
 
Yongsun always wondered why Jinhyun is still single actually. She got fame, wealth and extreme appearance. Good personality even. Maybe its just that because she wasn’t really interested in girls, or maybe she’s not interested in anyone here, but considering her actions so far, Jinhyun would make a great girlfriend material and please don’t get the brunette wrong. She’s not into Jinhyun, its just simply curiosity. 
 
 
 
 
“Well, let’s just get straight to the point. You know Byul isn’t living with her parents anymore right?” Now it’s Jinhyun’s turn to spare an eye to the brunette who is now making her blur expression while staring straight into Jinhyun’s eyes.
 
 
 
Yongsun nod straight away upon hearing the question. Yes, she know. Byul was thrown away from her family but she never knew why.
 
 
 
 “Do you know why?” Jinhyun asked again but this time her tense expression disappeared, only to be replaced with a sad one.
 
 
 
 
Yongsun shakes her head few times, indicating that she didn’t know and she want to know.
 
 
 
Jinhyun just chuckled upon Yongsun’s actions. You’re indeed a lucky Byul. Cute girl just for you.
 
 
 
“Well, Byul used to have two younger sisters. But both of them died and Byul’s parents blamed her for their death. She was only 15 back then.” Jinhyun’s voice cracked as started to share the story to Yongsun.
 
 
 
It hurts her everytime, thinking how Byul had survived this far. On the other hand, Yongsun had her eyes wide. Why would her parents do that?
 
 
 
“Both her parents are business related people. They were busy and not often home. One day, both of them needed to leave the country for their work. Byul was left with her sisters, Seulgi and Yeseul. Yeseul was the youngest, only 5 at that time. That night, Byul went to buy groceries for dinner. She reminded Seulgi to lock the door and windows but it seems like she fell asleep while putting Yeseul to sleep. When Byul came back home, all expensive things in her house had disappeared and both Seulgi and Yeseul had violently been shot to death in the head.” 
 
 
 
Tears escaped from Jinhyun’s eyes. Hard sigh came out from . Her hand tightly gripping her own skirt, trying to compose herself but to no avail, she failed miserably. She started sobbing hard at the thoughts of how her friend had come to still living after what happened. Byul had seen the heart-wrenching scene right of front of her eyes and how cruel of her parents to blame her for everything that had happened. 
 
 
 
Yongsun eyes were red as she listened to Jinhyun’s story. Her thoughts were filled of her own sister Yonghee. She started to realised how important her sister is in her life all this time, and slowly thoughts of having her dying in front of her eyes corrupt her brain which slowly form tears in her round eyes and it took matter of seconds before it escaped her eyes, slowly falling to the ground.
 
 
 
Jinhyun took a deep breathe before she slowly start her story again.
 
 
 
“She was hopeless at that time you know. She got nowhere else to go, no one to talk to about this so she directly call her parents. But her parents just said that they’re busy so stop joking. Can you understand that Yongsun? They thought Byul was joking.” Jinhyun chuckled, stumbling at her own words, but tears still falling from her eyes.
 
 
 
Yongsun isn’t doing any better either. If only she could just have Byul’s parents in front of her own eyes right now she would probably kill them with her own hands.
 
 
 
“So Byul went to her neighbour house and report the case to the police. They caught the thieve soon after that and Byul’s parents was summoned home by the police officers. When they came back, Byul was physically and mentally tortured. She was hit with belt and sticks, and her parents started blaming her for her sisters’ death and also for the reason her parents couldn’t get any share to the new contract her parents was supposed to be involved in and it was a matter of time before Byul was kicked out of the house.” 
 
 
 
Yongsun just listened intently to Jinhyun’s voice. She just couldn’t imagine being in Byul’s place. How pathetic must it have been to the blond.
 
 
 
“She started wandering around. She got no place to go until one day she was found by Grandma Kim. She was caught staring at grandma’s noodle store window. Grandma took her with her, gave her place to stay and everything she needed. Until now Byul is still living with her.” 
 
 
 
Jinhyun finished her story, her hands slowly wiping the tears off her eyes. She turned to look at Yongsun who is still weeping sadly. She offered a napkin to the brunette which she gladly accept.
 
 
 
“Anything else you want to know?” Jinhyun asked with a calming smile this time. She needed to stop crying for Byul’s sake, cause she know how much she hates it when she cry.
 
 
 
“How did you guys get to know each other?” That was the only question that could barely come out from the brunette’s mouth.
 
 
 
“Oh hahaha I didn’t mention that. Hmm, we met here, in this school. We were not classmates before but we first got to know each other trough the basketball team. Byul was an ace and so do I. But I found out something odd about her. Usually during weekends people would go home and rest but Byul always leave early the Saturday morning, and return during dawn on Sunday. So I decided to ask her, where would she go during those times, and it turns out that she was working. She teaches basketball to the primary school students during Saturday evening and she would return to grandma in the night where grandma would most probably be asleep. She just left the money she received before she leave for school in the night. For your information, grandma is sick so… yeah.”
 
 
Yongsun was in awe. She was amazed of how matured Byul is. And it somehow hurt her own heart to know that Grandma Kim is sick, although she never met her.
 
 
 
“After I found out about that, I decided to help her with school fee and grandma’s medicine fee. I wanted to help her own finance too but she insisted that she could survive with the money from the teaching she get. And that is how we became best friend.” 
 
 
 
Jinhyun ended her long speech with a bright smile on her face. She is happy she could help the blond. Maybe she couldn’t do anything with her past, but she would want to create a better future to the blond.
 
 
 
“You’re her new dream now Yongsun. Don’t do stupid things like Krystal.” 
 
 
Yongsun just nod in response. She was touched by Jinhyun’s simple words. It makes her realise how fragile the blond is and she wants to protect her even more.
 
 
 
“Jinhyun can I ask you something?” 
 
 
Jinhyun was visibly surprised by Yongsun’s sudden question but she just nod, allowing the brunette to end her curiosity.
 
 
 
“Do you have anyone that you like?” 
 
 
Jinhyun burst into laugh upon hearing Yongsun’s question which left the brunette confused.
 
 
 
“Well I do Yongsun and she’s a girl but don’t worry, she’s not in this school.” Jinhyun responded as she wiped the tears from her eyes from laughing too much.
 
 
 
“Can I ask who?” 
 
 
“Her name is Park Jaerin. She likes me too but we’re cousins so our relationship were forbidden. You know her right?” 
 
 
 
Jinhyun grinned at her own answer upon seeing the shocked eyes of the brunette. A confession from Jinhyun, she had known Yongsun before Byul did thanks to her lover who was supposed to be here too.
 
 
 
“Jaerin as in Park Jaerin, my friend?!” 
 
 
 
 
“Yup. I’ve heard so much about you Yongsun.” 
 
 
 
Yongsun started laughing and soon followed by Jinhyun. She seriously couldn’t expect that the beautiful girl is her best friend’s lover and Jaerin even said to Yongsun that she is not lesbian. Nice one, Rin! 
 
 
 
 
Suddenly, the gymnasium door creaked open, followed by a loud scream.
 
 
 
“There you guys are!” 

 

 

 

A/N

 

DECALCOMANIEEEEEEEEEE