Cruel

Seraphical Cactus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


“Cactus,” Kai struggled to say his words while his trembling hands pressed at his aching stomach. The pain in his lower abdomen was too unbearable for Kai, he never experienced the dull kind of pain ever before. Cold sweat started to form on his forehead. He felt that his stomach was being stabbed repeatedly with a blunt knife. He tried lifting his body and wanted to chase Sehun so bad but because of his weak condition, he fell helplessly on the floor. He only could gawk at Sehun’s back with his raspy voice stuck in his throat. He couldn’t even yell Sehun’s name, begged for him to stay to listen to his explanation. He cried pathetically just looking at Sehun that was walking farther away from him before he blacks out.

 



“Are you stupid?” Baekhyun flicked Kai’s forehead before rubbing the same spot with his thumbs. Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun sat beside Kai that was looking so drowsy after his surgery and caressed his best friend's hair.

 



“S-Sehun…baby cactus...where is him?” Kai asked, wincing in pain while holding on to the right side of lower abdomen. A sharp pain began throbbing again in the surgery area. ‘What happened?’

 



“You still search for Sehun even after you just had your appendix removed? Your appendix burst! You’re neglecting your body again Kim Jongin, you’re so stupid and I’m so angry with you right now!” Baekhyun howled while crossing his arms over his chest. Kai just needed a good yelled to straighten up his crazy mind.

 



“I-I’m sorry,” Kai sighed, softly groaned when he tried to sit properly on the bed. He knew Baekhyun was angry at him when he started calling him his full name.

 



“I’m sorry too, I try to contact Sehun but he switches off his phone, I try to call him again, alright?” Baekhyun muttered, hands busy helping Kai to sit properly on the bed and couldn't help to smile when he looked at Kai's pouted lip.

 



“Stop…just stop calling him, tell Lay to hide my condition from Sehun, don’t tell him about me,” Kai said while rubbing his puffy face with his palms.

 



“Kai…,” Baekhyun sighed. Kai was being stubborn again.

 



“If you tell him about me, he will not going to Tokyo, I can’t let that happen, I don’t want him to jeopardize his future because of me,” Kai grumbled.

 



“Taemin is scared to see you, he feels bad for having a bad intention to separate you and Sehun,” Baekhyun remembered Taemin’s confession, the boy truly regrets his action, but he couldn’t be mad at Taemin because he was the one that saved Kai’s life. He took him to the hospital. Kai would have died without his fast help. “You’ll lose Sehun, Kai,”

 



“Just please understand Baek, I can’t let him see me with like this, I know that he will get so sad and leaves everything because of me, let me fix myself first, then I’m going to meet him again,” Kai murmured and held Baekhyun's hands, hoping that Baekhyun would accept his decision.

 



“If you’re too late?" Baekhyun said with furrow eyebrows. Kai needed to realize that Sehun was a very attractive young boy.

 



There was an eerie silent between them. Kai puffed his cheeks while letting out a heavy breath before he spoke again. “Then I have to start all over again, I’ll make him fall in love with me all over again,”

 



“Are you being serious about this Kai? He’ll be leaving tomorrow morning...there’s still time,” Baekhyun's sentences were being cut short with Kai's next words.

 



“I’m serious,” Kai rubbed his face on Baekhyun's back and sighed for umpteen times again.

 



“Then...explain this, what is this? The nurse found it inside your pants pocket, you must let him know that you already picture him with you in the future, is cruel to treat him like this, is not fair to you too, you’re going to purpose at him right? Answer me Kim Jongin,” Baekhyun groaned and placed a small crystal box on Kai’s lap.

 



“C-can you leave me alone right now? I’m want to sleep, I don’t want to see anybody right now,” Kai murmured, trying so hard to hide his teary eyes from Baekhyun. He slipped underneath the blanket, curled himself into a ball and started sobbing so hard while gripping his aching chest.

 

 

---

 

 

Lay stared at his brother that fidgeting in his seat. Sehun eyes always darted to the airport entrance. He knew that Sehun still waited for Kai. His little brother must be crying a lot last night judging by his bloated face and his swollen eyes. Kai stupidly broke their precious relationship and Sehun had to suffer like this. Sehun was an angel, he was so in love with Kai that even when his lover was being cruel to him, he still wanted to see Kai before he left.

 



“I know that you will make sure that Sehun will be safe and alright, I don’t want him to see me sick, he’s not going to Tokyo if he sees lying on the bed like this, I’m sorry for breaking your little brother heart,” Kai murmured, head hung low, looking at his fingers.

 



“I'm worried about your fragile heart Kai. I know you love Sehun but sacrificing yourself like this is so plain stupid,” Lay snapped. If Kai didn't look so ill, he would have kicked his friend’s head right now.

 



Sehun bit his bottom lip to stop himself from crying again. He wept for hours last night, there were no more tears to shed when he woke up that morning. He still couldn't believe that Kai would choose Taemin over him. He knew that Kai loved him so much, he really hoped that when he opened his eyes that morning, he was in Kai's warm embraced again, with Kai telling him that all that his saw was just a misunderstanding. But that was a nightmare turned reality for Sehun, Kai didn’t even try to call him at all. He glued to his phone since yesterday night, carrying his phone all over the places even when he went to the bathroom but still no Kai. ‘Why is Kai being so cruel to him?’

 

 

---

 

 

Sehun finally arrived at his university dorm at Tokyo, Lay was with him all the way, helping him with the registration process and carrying his bags, but he couldn’t always be there for Sehun anymore. Sehun cried again while hugging Lay in a tight hug when Lay said that he had to go home.

 



“Stop crying baby brother, I’ll come and visit you with Baekhyun next month, I promise,” Lay cooed and slowly released himself from Sehun’s arms.

 

 

---

 


Sehun threw his bags and luggage on the floor and flopped on his bed. His mind still clouded with the memory of Kai. ‘Is this the end of us?’ Sehun stared at his phone wallpaper and smiled. The photo of him and Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter