Nine

What If

 

 


Baekhyun never thought he'll feel the warmth of someone again like this. The warmth he once had and now he got it back but he was never sure until when. He wanted to kick off all those thoughts away as he stare at Chanyeol's sleeping face. From the way his bangs covers his eyes, how some of it reaches his perfect nose and wonders when did Chanyeol had his last haircut and it was this long now, how Chanyeol's lips are curved a little right now while holding Baekhyun so near, so close, so warm.

 

The sun was rising and Baekhyun was sure Minseok will knock anytime soon amd barge in to make breakfast or give him some. Because ever since Chanyeol went missing, Baekhyun didn't bother cooking for himself. He only cooked for Chanyeol and himself together. Before thinking more deeper about what he'd been through all those times, Baekhyun sighed and tried to slip away from Chanyeol's almost tight grip. Chanyeol pulled him closer and snuggled his face on Baekhyun's soft fluffy hair.

 

"Where are you going?"
Chanyeol muffled sleepily.

 

"To the kitchen. I'll make breakfast."
Baekhyun looked up at him and smiled.

 

"Let me go now or you'll starve."

 

Chanyeol smiled and opened his eyes.


"I'm sure you don't want that to happen. Let's go together."

 

Chanyeol spent his morning sticking around Baekhyun all the time. Baekhyun received a call from Minseok saying he's on a trip and would be gone for a couple of weeks. He told Baekhyun to cook for himself from now on and not die from starvation. All seems to go well. Baekhyun also doesn't want Minseok to know why is Chanyeol staying. He'll probably disagree with it. Baekhyun can explain what happened after all this. Although he doesn't really know when. Until when. That's his most painful thought right now. When?


"Do you want to go out?"
Chanyeol asked as they are sprawled in the living room, cuddling again.

 

"I love to."

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was looking up at the tall gate of the university Baekhyun told him they went in together. He couldn't remember it but now that he's looking at it longer, pieces of blurred memories are appearing infront of his eyes.

 

"I forgot my umbrella!"


"What?! I forgot mine too!!"


"What should we do now?!"


"Let's run."


Then the tall boy grabbed the other boy's hand and then they run away, under the pouring rain and still with a smile.

Little did that shorter one knew, the taller always had his umbrella with him, but choses to run under the rain still. He just want to hold those hands and warm it with his.

 

 


"Was that you?"
He suddenly asked, still spacing out.

"What me?" Baekhyun glanced at him, puzzled.

"The one I am always with under the rain.."

 

Baekhyun was shocked. It is true. Those times when they always forgot their umbrellas. But he never regretted forgetting it, ever.

 

"You remember that? That was our stupidest moment. My professor scolded me because I soaked the book I borrowed from him. But that's alright."

 

"Because I bought him a new one."
Baekhyun didn't notice the tears rolling out of Chanyeol's eyes slowly. He immediately wiped it off. The fact that he could remember those was too precious and he knows it wasn't made up stories by him or by someone. Pieces by pieces, they are putting back together his lost memories. And Chanyeol was overly happy that he's doing it with Baekhyun.

 

"I'm glad you remember."
Baekhyun smiled so widely and Chanyeol can't help but hug him.

 

"I'm glad that I did too. I'm so glad Baek."

 

 

 

 


"What about my family?"

Baekhyun froze at that. Chanyeol never really wanted to talk about his family. So he doesn't know anything about them.

 

"Chanyeol.. you never told me anything about them back then."

 

"I wonder why.."

Yes, Baekhyun also wonders why. They couldn't know why now, since Chanyeol lost his memories completely.

 

"What about yours?"

 

"I'm an orphan Yeol. I never knew who my parents was."
Baekhyun looked away, trying to hold his tears back. He needed to be less emotional nowadays seriously.

 

"I'm sorry-- "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're my first family."