Seven

What If

 

 

 


"Will you be alright though?"
Chanyeol asked Baekhyun once again on their way back to Baekhyun's house. It's dark and chilly and Chanyeol had the urge to wrap Baekhyun with his arms but his mind stopped him from thinking any further.

"I'll be fine. I guess. I'm so used to this anyways."
Baekhyun tried to crack a smile but it failed. Chanyeol can see the deep pain in his eyes and he could see his heart through them, it's broken into several tiny pieces. All he wants to do now is pick them all up and put Baekhyun back together.

 

"I'll stay with you tonight."
He flatly said amd Baekhyun stared at him. His eyes screaming joy but regret later on.

"You can't. Someone's waiting for you."

 

"It's just today Baek. You need someone on a day like this. How would you expect me to leave right now knowing you'll cry yourself out again until you fall asleep? It hurts so much. I know. So don't try to push me away."

 

Chanyeol entered the house first, leaving speechless Baekhyun behind. He didn't know what's going on in Chanyeol's mind. But he think it would be better for him.

"I'll sleep here I gue--"

"Can you sleep with me?"
It was a silent question meant to be a whisper but due to the house's deafening silence, Chanyeol heard it. Baekhyun lowered his head and stared at his foor, biting his lips and waiting for Chanyeol's rejection.

"Uh, okay."
Chanyeol's face was so hot and he turned away as soon as Baekhyun lifted his head.

"I mean we can share my b-bed cause its too cold here and.."

"Y-Yeah of course..."

"O-Okay. I'll let my door unlocked then."

 

 

Chanyeol heard the footsteps and he sighed when he can no longer hear it. Why the did he just said yes. Why on earth. Whyyy. Because its cold. Yes, that's it. That's why! He kept convincing his mind that. After a while, he walked towards Baekhyun's room. It was his first time to go there and don't have any idea why does he know how to get there when Baekhyun hadn't even showed him the way. The door was unlocked and the light was still on. Chanyeol didn't knock when he saw Baekhyun already in bed, back facing him. He locked the door behind him and creeped up to the other side of the bed.

 

The room was perfectly enough for two. Oh well of course, it was meant for two since it was Baekhyun and his husband's room. Chanyeol noticed some picure frames standing on the bed table in front of Baekhyun. It was him and Baekhyun. Baekhyun's Chanyeol wearing a black suit and Baekhyun wearing a white one and holding a bouquet of flowers. They look damn good together. But its weird for Chanyeol to look at it for too long. He might really believe it was him. That Baekhyun's Chanyeol was him and he's really that Chanyeol they're all talking about. But no matter how hard he think of how is it even possible, he just can't.

 

Shrugging off all his thoughts, he laid down and closed the lights off on his bedside table. It was cold but warm, it was dark but light, it was all familiar but not real. Chanyeol's mind started aching but he just closed his eyes and breathe slowly. He heard a soft sob later on that made him open his eyes.

 

"Are you crying?"
Baekhyun moved and faced the ceiling. They are both staring at the ceiling, no one dared to look at the other.

"I can't help it. Not now that I'm with someone that I thought still belongs to me."

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. He could see his features through the lights coming from outside. It was so perfect. But the tears rolling off his eyes are ruining the sight. He got up and leaned towards Baekhyun's face. He was now facing Baekhyun, staring deep into his eyes. Trying to stop the tears that's falling.

 

He didn't say anything. Baekhyun didn't shove him off of him. No one moved, besides Chanyeol who leaned in closer while closing his eyes. And then their lips locked softly for the second time. It tingles at first. The current from the touch creeped through their veins to their toes. Chanyeol didn't know that Baekhyun's lips can get any softer than the first time he felt it. Baekhyun closed his eyes and grabbed Chanyeol's hair. Chanyeol's eyes started tearing up as he felt familiar warmness entering his body. He was crying.

They don't want to get any more farther than that passionate kiss so they broke off catching up for air, foreheads still connected.

Chanyeol laid on his back and pulled Baekhyun closer to him and wrapped his arms around him. He wished that he can do it sooner and now is that time and he's not letting go for tonight.

 

"Why.. are you crying?"

"Because I missed you."
He meant it. Chanyeol meant it. He wasn't trying to act as Baekhyun's husband, he answered as Chanyeol. The Chanyeol he is right now.

"Are you saying that just because you want to make me feel better?"

"No."
Instead of saying more and giving Baekhyun explanations, he held him so tight and kissed his head. He was sure the warmth he felt right now was something he can't remember but can certainly still feel. When it comes to Baekhyun, it all feels so surreal. He doesn't know why.

"Chanyeol.. I don't know what's happening but this is wro--"

"No don't say its wrong when it felt sk right Baekhyun. I felt this way before but I'm certain it's not Kyungsoo. I'm sure it's not anyone but you."

"What are you--"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Help me know myself. Help me remember you."