Sixteen

What If

 

 


"I missed you..."

 

Baekhyun whispered as he cried beside the sleeping Chanyeol. He couldn't stop the tears from flowing. 
He sat beside Chanyeol until he woke up. Chanyeol woke up because of Baekhyun's silent sobs. Baekhyun immediately wiped his tears and stopped sobbing. 

"Good morning."

Chanyeol greeted him with the warmest he could offer. Baekhyun can't help but give in and held Chanyeol's hand that's reaching for his. 

"G-Goodmorning."

"Did you sleep well?"

Chanyeol was gentle, so gentle with him. Baekhyun remembered this familiar gentleness. This was like the first year they've been married. 

"I did."

 

Chanyeol smiled again and caressed his face. Unknowingly wiping his almost dried tears. Baekhyun tried to smile at him but his heart was so heavy. He just wants to cry. Seeing Chanyeol makes him want to cry out loud just like how he did when he disappeared. 

 

"What's wrong? Are you alright?"
Chanyeol drew closer but Baekhyun stood up suddenly away from him.

"I'm alright. Breakfast is ready, come out when you're ready." 

"Okay, I'll just change. Wait for me outside."

Baekhyun went out of the room and walked towards where Kyungsoo was.

"Is he awake?" Kyungsoo immediately asked.

"Yes. And he.. he.. -"

"He doesn't remember me. Of course, I'm expecting that."

"What should I do now?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed as if he didn't want Baekhyun to do anything for them but he was left with no choice. He don't have any choice actually. Baekhyun is the only who could help them. Who could help Chanyeol. 

"Just, go with his flow. If he remembers you as his husband, then be his husband. Introduce me as a helper here. I'll.. I'll monitor you." 

"Okay.. "

Baekhyun wasn't sure. He wasn't sure if he's doing the right thing. He can feel the uncertainty in Kyungsoo's voice too. 

"Kyungsoo, are you seriously alright with this?"

"I told you. I'll do anything, even if it hurts me, I'll do anything for Chanyeol." 

 

That's how Kyungsoo loved Chanyeol.
That's something maybe Baekhyun doesn't have. 
Kyungsoo knew how to let go and Baekhyun doesn't. Baekhyun's heart sank for countless of times already as Kyungsoo says that. He felt his love for Chanyeol and he thought he'll never exceed that love. He'll never.

"I'll go now."

He left Kyungsoo there and went to Chanyeol who's just coming out of his room.

"Did I took so long?"

"No, no. You're just in time." 
Baekhyuns smiled.

 

Maybe the best way for him to make himself a little bit better in this situation is to feel like this situation is real. That Chanyeol and him was still inlove with each other. And that Kyungsoo doesnt exist. To do this job right, he has to think that way. To help both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Even if it he's also hurting. 

"Baek?" 
Chanyeol called him out while they're eating breakfast.

"Yes?" 

"Why are you crying?"

"Crying?"

"I heard you sniffing earlier and your cheeks are damped."

Chanyeol was quick. He made it harder for Baekhyun to lie. 

"Because I just.. missed you." 

Chanyeol smiled so wide that his ears became the shade of red. Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat but sanked the moment he thought of Kyungsoo. That he might be hearing this conversation.

"We slept together though, so why would you miss me?"

"Well, because I woke up first?"

"You're not making sense and you're being weird. Weird in a good way though. I like it." 

Baekhyun just weakly smiled. 

You're the one who's being so weird right now Chanyeol. And we don't actually like how you're doing. 

Out of the blue, Baekhyun sensed Kyungsoo coming out of the kitchen, holding up a pitcher. 
He must've heard what Baekhyun said. 

"Who's he?"
 
Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun imagined how painful it was for Kyungsoo to hear. His heart repeatedly sanked. 

"He's our new helper, Do Kyungsoo."
It's even harder for him to say that. 

"Do we need one?" 

"We do. There's a lot of things to do around here Chanyeol."

"Right. I might not know because I'm out at work." 

"Yes."

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. Help my Baekhyun well."
Chanyeol smiled at Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo didn't even reply. He has this straight blank face on. 

"I gotta go Baek, I'm kinda late for work!" 

 

Chanyeol stood up after eating breakfast and grabbed a bag from his seat. Baekhyun just realized that Chanyeol's wearing his clothes for his job. He's currently in a panicky mode as he shouldn't let Chanyeol go but he doesn't know what to do. He immediately turned to Kyungsoo who's in shock too. They both looked at each other, with no idea what to do. 

"W-Where are you going?" 
Baekhyun hesitantly asked. 

"To work Baek. You do remember that I'm a music teacher right?"

"Right, you are. But, uhm, you're on a.. l-leave Yeol. Yes, leave. D-Don't you remember?"

"Am I?" 

Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo again and the other signalled him to continue what he's doing.

"Yes, y-you are! Silly you. It's your first day on leave. How could you forget."
He fake chuckled. 

"I forget things a lot nowadays. But thank you for reminding me Baek." 

He hugged Baekhyun which made him stiff for a minute and panics as he saw Kyungsoo walking away from them. Baekhyun broke the hug and pretended to clean the table. 

"Kyungsoo can do that. Let's watch a movie! It's been a while." 
Baekhyun froze at Chanyeol's suggestion. Kyungsoo, upon hearing his name, came out again. Showing no emotions on his face.

"Yes, I can clean this myself."

"A-Are you sure?" 

"Yes." 


And then, Chanyeol dragged him into their room, leaving Kyungsoo who's cleaning the table they'd eaten. It feels so wrong to Baekhyun. He suddenly wished Chanyeol to sleep again.