Ten

What If

 

 

"Let me go." 

 

"No. You promised me you'll never leave me Channie. But what now, who's that midget with you?"

 

A tall man, much taller than Chanyeol himself was still grabbing his wrist as he tries to get free. He was staring intensely at Chanyeol, begging for something that's long gone. Their past relationship.

 

"We're done, its none of your business now Yifan. Stop this and let go of me." 

 

He pulled his wrist roughly and went out from the bar. The sea was silent but his mind went loud. Baekhyun doesn't know anything. About Yifan. About anything about him. He just know Chanyeol. And Chanyeol was doing his best to be someone Baekhyun wants him to. 

 

He walked back to their inn but it seemed to become far because of too much alcohol. Why did he even drink? And see Yifan of all people. 

 

Chanyeol kept walking side to side, trying to see the path clearly but he can't. The more he walk, the more he gets dizzy. Then suddenly he thought of something.

 

"Why are you.. doing this?"
He silently muttered while he kneels down on the sand. He knew too well that he's just behind him.

 

"You know why. I don't want anything Chanyeol, I told you that countless times right?"

 

"Can you.. stop being a for once? I told you that before knowing the real you."

 

"Real me? Tell me that real side of me."

 

He grabbed Chanyeol's hair and gripped it tightly. Yifan was holding a glass of alcohol and Chanyeol don't know what is he up to. He just want to go back to Baekhyun's side before he wakes up. 

 

"Can't you tell? You're already doing it now." 
He chuckled. 

 

"Ah sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." 
Yifan immediately let go, chuckling with Chanyeol. 

 

"You always say that." Chanyeol tried to stand up. He did but barely. He can't even walk straight.

 

"You looked like you can't walk properly. Need help?" 

 

"No."

 

"No, you seem to need my help right now." 

 

Before Chanyeol can even response, everything went black. He felt the wind, the sand and the someone grabbing him. And lastly the water that suffocated him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?"

Chanyeol woke up with heavy breathes and a sweaty face. Luckily, Baekhyun was the first one he saw and he felt safer now. He pulled Baekhyun for a tight hug.

 

"I'm sorry."

Chanyeol don't know exactly but he just need to say sorry. 

 

"What for? Are you really okay?"


"I had the most vivid and scary dream."

Chanyeol doesn't know what's going on. He don't want to tell Baekhyun about it. Maybe that's why he's sorry.

 

"Its okay Yeol. Its just a dream."

 

But it wasn't. It felt like a fragment of his memories. A small painful one and he hopes he'll never dream of it again. The hug he's having with Baekhyun are the only safe thing he could do or think of right now. 

 

After some minutes, his phone rang. Its Sehun.


"Hyung? Where the are you?"

"Doing some things.."

"Like what? You haven't come home for a week. What's going on?"

"Nothing really."

"If you're not gonna tell me, hide it well or I might find it out myself."

"Sehun.. Please can you just not do this now?"

"I should be the one saying that to you."

"I'll tell you soon okay?" 

"I don't know what's with you but hope you're not doing anything that might hurt Kyungsoo hyung."

 

And the he hung up. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. His this not had been a nightmare and waking up to reality seems to become much worse. He forgot about Kyungsoo these days. About how he would feel about his decisions. Suddenly, he felt guilty. But he don't have any regrets. Was that even possible? He just want some time. 

 

"I think you should go back."
Baekhyun murmured. 

"Do you want me to?"

He locked eyes with him and he felt Baekhyun's burning up pain.

 

"Yes, because that's what's right and you have to." 

 

Baekhyun looked away from him and he saw that he's about to crg but hold it in. Chanyeol doesn't know he's giving Baekhyun more pain just by staying. He knew but he chose to not care. Because he's just too greedy to remember and forgot about how the others will feel. His mind told him to stop but his heart keeps beating while convincing him to remember and know about his past. 

 

He's confused. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Okay. I'll go."