Eleven

What If

 

 

Without saying any word while packing his things, Baekhyun sent Chanyeol out his house. Smiling so little at him. 


Chanyeol wants him to say something, stop him and let him stay. He's a little disappointed that Baekhyun was silent all the time he's getting ready to leave. So that only means, he didn't have any intentions to stop him. His heart pains at that obvious fact.

 

"Don't kill me with silence Baek, say something."
Chanyeol said after they stepped out of the house, his bag at the end of his foot. 

 

"What do you want to hear?" 

The taller closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, he don't know what's going on in Baekhyun's min. Whether its right or wrong all he knows is that it hurts him. Really hurts his. He face the smaller and looked into his eyes, begging for something Baekhyun can't give him.


"Tell me you don't regret anything."

 

Baekhyun weakly smiled.
"I don't."

He Chanyeol's face, holding his tears in. 
Baekhyun wanted him to stay, but he won't let Chanyeol know that.


"I'm glad to hear that."


He pulled Baekhyun into a hug, tucking Baekhyun into his chest, almost not wanting to let him go. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Baekhyun can hear Chanyeol's heart beat and he felt his beating along with it.

 

He don't want to let go. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the way home, Chanyeol doesn't even know what home he's going back to. The home he was used to or the home he wanted to get used to. He just can't stop thinking about Baekhyun and everything that's connected with him. Especially his forgotten memories. Everything seemed to be unreal to him right now. He didn't have the same feeling of coming back home to Kyungsoo like before. His heart triples its weight as he drive far away from Baekhyun. But he shrugged it all off, knowing that Baekhyun doesn't like his way of handling their situation. What can he do? He needed to be selfish once in a while in his forgotten life. 


And Baekhyun proved that he's worth it. But they both knew it wouldn't last as they want it to be. Maybe they both pretended not to know the reality and just go on with the fantasy they built up. Chanyeol still wanted to live in that fantasy. 


Hours passed of travelling and Chanyeol was home. His heart felt so empty and guilt creeps up on it. 
He opened the door and entered his house. Though he didn't expect someone to greet him and welcome him back.


"Kyungsoo... "
His heart beat stops as he ran out of words to say.

 

"Hey Yeol.. "
Kyungsoo smiled shyly at him and walked to him. Chanyeol was frozen at his place, don't really know what to do next. Before he could think, Kyungsoo was already kissing him. He could just close his eyes and let guilt eat him at that moment. But he kissed back. 


"Welcome back." 
The smaller clings onto his neck while smiling so widely at him. Chanyeol didn't expect him to act that way since he left him that day when he knew Chanyeol was already married. 

 

"How have you been?" Chanyeol grabbed his bag and tossed it on the couch. Kyungsoo was still sticking on him, clinging now onto his arms. He don't know what to feel. He just knew he needs to make it up to him. Or tell him what happened. 


"I'm fine now. I'm sorry I took almost a month to let things sink in. I'm sorry, I should've been there for you." 


Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist, hugging him so tight. Chanyeol felt something, Kyungsoo's care and love. He still felt it in between hugs. 


"Its alright Kyung." 


He couldn't say more and just Kyungsoo's hair. He missed him but there's a lot more important that's going on in his head. 


"From now on I'll take care of everything. Sehun already volunteered to fix that silly marriage of yours because he said you're going under some circumstances. And I started preparing for our wedding."

 

 

Kyungsoo said it all as if everything's alright. As if it's easy for Chanyeol to just agree. But of course, Kyungsoo and Sehun doesn't know anything. They still think that Chanyeol is the same from back then. Only him knew well that he changed, a little or maybe a lot. He wasn't sure of life anymore. Baekhyun was still hanging on his mind until now, wondering if he'll still accept Chanyeol if he rejects Kyungsoo right now. Waste his relationship with Kyungsoo just like that. Kyungsoo who's been the only family he had. Maybe he owes Kyungsoo his life. Maybe Baekhyun wouldn't accept him again. Chanyeol wants to end his endless thoughts about Baekhyun. He's been lingering inside him too much. But he's sure of one thing. Baekhyun wouldn't let him do something wrong just because it felt right. He wouldn't let Chanyeol do something stupid like leaving Kyungsoo just to be with him. He was sure Baekhyun would think like that. And just because he's so full of Baekhyung up until this moment, he wanted to believe into what Baekhyun would do. 


"That's.. great." 


Chanyeol smiled weakly as he hug Kyungsoo. Maybe he made the right choice. He's still full of doubt but maybe it will just disappear someday. 

 

 

 


He'll think about his lost memories someday when its the right time. For now, he'll be with Kyungsoo and just treasure the times he had with Baekhyun.