Seventeen

What If

 

 

 

 

Their situation had gotten worser everyday. Baekhyun sometimes wishes to disappear out of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's life now becase he can't take it anymore. But that was just his wishful thinking, that was just him without a conscience. Deep inside of him, he knew he needs to take part of whatever's happening to Chanyeol. 


"Kyungsoo, we need to make other another way to get through this. I'll still help but please just not this. Let's stop一" 


"What other way? I can't think of anything anymore."
Kyungsoo calmly replied, massaging his temple and sips from his coffee every ten seconds. 


"I'm not sure, just anything except this."


He's been trying to talk Kyungsoo out of it for almost a week now but the latter has a very strong will. And it's been a tough week for them but especially tougher to Kyungsoo. Everytime Chanyeol has an attack, Kyungsoo would desperately call for Baekhyun as if his life's depending on him. There, Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol meant life to Kyungsoo. The latter clenched his fist and bowed his head on the table. Baekhyun looked away, feeling the tears forming at the side of his eyes. The truth is, he can't bear seeing how painful everything has been to Kyungsoo. It just doesn't feel right, they both know that. But what do they have other than this? 


"If.. you don't want to do this anymore, it's fine. You have the option to leave. I'll handle this on my own- "


"Don't say that. I don't want out, I'm just worried about you while all of this is happening."


"Don't worry. I'm fine. I won't mind as long as it's for Chanyeol's sake."


Baekhyun heaves out a very deep sigh. He failed once again. But he understand Kyungsoo and where he's coming from. The pain, his sacrifice and everything, Baekhyun just kind of knew. Though he was too far behind from what Kyungsoo's been going through.


"What if it's time for you to face him? Slap him the truth?" 
He doesn't know what he's saying anymore. As if he's never cared for Chanyeol, he knew the risk of telling him the truth but Kyungsoo deserves to feel better at least. 


"And then what? Make his condition worse? I don't want that. I want him to survive. And you're his only chance to at least get through it."


"I am more than willing to help you for Chanyeol to get better but not this way anymore. This is torturing you."


"I said I don't ing mind Baekhyun. I'll ing do anything for Chanyeol." 


Kyungsoo's tone changed and his gaze are making hole into Baekhyun's souls. A huge painful hole. His tears just went down over his cheeks while looking away, avoiding Kyungsoo's tired but strong gaze. Sighing deeply with defeat again, he sips into his coffee and wonders what will happen for them this day. 

 

They both got used to anticipating more pain when Chanyeol wakes up. For almost two months, Baekhyun is having a mixture of pain and relief for their whole situation. Pain for seeing Kyungsoo hurt everytime Chanyeol clings onto Baekhyun. As if Kyungsoo was never in Chanyeol's life ever. It hurts him too that Chanyeol doesn't have any clue how his actions brought pain to Kyungsoo and, as days pass by, also to Baekhyun. He's trying to see that tiny light of hope, that this is good for Chanyeol's condition. Maybe the part of Baekhyun that still love Chanyeol was fading, and he wished it faded before Chanyeol got married. Not when he's sick like this. At the span of two months, Baekhyun slowly realizes things like that. It was all too late. Too late to know that making Chanyeol trigger his lost memories back then was wrong. All he thought back then was himself and how to fill up his empty heart for all the longing he had for Chanyeol. And that triggers something in Chanyeol and it somehow leads him to what he is now. It pains him a lot to face Chanyeol with a smile. As if he hasn't lost Chanyeol once, and act as if he never lost him. And now he's losing Chanyeol repeatedly, and Baekhyun's feeding him with false memories. It crunches Baekhyun's heart. Regret is eating him up but what can it do other than to bring him down, he had to face his responsibility in this situation. And maybe facing Chanyeol and seeing Kyungsoo's pain had become his responsibility. It's the very least he can do for these two.

 

Baekhyun went back to his work. The only way to distract him from everything. Around the time he's about to go home, Kyungsoo called. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol... "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Hi hello. It's been centuries. I'm such a to leave this like this. I'm so sorry. It's just that, college's been hell. And Iost track of time. Then this lockdown happened and I've had nothing to do then fortunately I recovered this account. And so tada I'll make it upup. I'll finish this less painfully as possible. Anyways, keep safe y'all! ♡)