Five

What If

 

 

 

Sleepless nights for a week had Chanyeol's eyes to form a dark circle under it. He didn't visit Baekhyun for a week and hadn't contacted Kyungsoo too. He just stayed in his house, thinking so deeply. Thinking about life. He suddenly don't know but tried hard not to care and know more.

He waits for the time to end the day and just like that, it went away again. Just like all other days. Chanyeol ran out of foods already and he got hundreds of missed calls from Sehun. He always asks himself why is he doing this but he can't just find an answer that's why he's sulking around for a week for actually nothing. He never felt stupidly lost like this. After a ing single kiss. Its not single or simple though. It was pasionate and his heart felt it. Everytime he dreamed of their kiss, pieces of unknown puzzle of life of someone came in to his mind. It puzzled him even more when he dreams, so sometimes he doesn't sleep. To generalize his current situation right now, he totally looked and felt so ed up.

 

"What the hell is happening ~"
He chanted while circling around his house. His phone's ringing again and he wasn't sure who's calling. He's afraid it was Kyungsoo and wish it wasn't him. He looked over and saw it was just Sehun again. Chanyeol turned off his phone and started to do push ups.

 

 

 

 


This was a mess.
Why is this happening to me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, he found himself in front of Baekhyun's house.


"He's not here."
Minseok told him.

"Where is he?"

 

Minseok took deep breath like he shouldn't even tell Chanyeol where Baekhyun was but he feel like he would.

"Today was exactly the third year that you've been gone. So he went out."

 

What does he mean? Baekhyun's Chanyeol's third death anniversary is today?

 

 

But it's his birthday too..

 

"Tell me exactly where, Minseok."

Minseok sighed again and just told him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was near a lake. He was sitting on a bench. Flowers on his arms. Probably crying or not, in Chanyeol's view right now. As he nears Baekhyun, he could hear him speaking. Speaking to his lost Chanyeol.


"Where are you Yeol? I'm sure I had found you but you're not you anymore. I miss you every second.. "


"I remember you dragging me here just to throw stones at this lake when someone bullied me in highschool. It was stupid but I started throwing stones too. Until it became our game that whoever reaches the farthest throw will be carried on the back. I always lose, but you're always the one who carries me. Because you're stupid. Why are you so stupid?"


"Why do you have to be so stupid now you're lost and might be gone from my life forever?"

"Tell me you're not the one I thought you'd be now. Tell me he's not you because I'm losing my mind."

"How can you leave me just like this?"

"And confuse me even when you're already gone? Were you really even gone anyways?"

"Chanyeol.. I'm so sorry.. I'm saying these things to you right now. "

"I just miss you so much.. so much Chanyeol.. so much. So much doesn't even describe how much I really miss you."

"Please come back.."

 


Chanyeol listened for the whole time until Baekhyun was crying. He took out his handkerchief and hand it to him slowly that he won't be shocked. Baekhyun was silently sobbing while holding the flowers tightly.

"Wipe it off. Chanyeol wouldn't want to see you like that."

Yes, I don't want to see you like this.

Baekhyun looked up and stopped crying. He grabbed the handkerchief in Chanyeol's hand and hurriedly wiped his tears off.

"I'm sorry, you saw me like this. Did you just came?"

"Yes, I just did. Minseok told me the direction to this place."
Chanyeol sat on the bench. At the other side of where Baekhyun was sitted.

"So he probably told what is today?"

"Hmm."

"Why are you here by the way? Do you need something?"

Chanyeol shook his head.

"Actually today is my-- nevermind."
He chuckled and just shuts up.

"Chanyeol didn't have a grave so I came here everytime it's 27th of October."
Baekhyun painfully smiled while trying to tell Chanyeol that. And Chanyeol had to look away. Because he can see and feel the pain all over him.

"Why here?"

"Chanyeol loves seas. What he loves took him away from me. This is the nearest body of water that is connected to the sea in my place. I don't want to go to where he disappeared until now. I can't."

"Why?"

"I just don't want to. Actually I wasn't so sure if the sea took him away from me. I'm just sure it was the last place I saw him before he disappeared."

 

 

 

 

"Can you tell me more?"

Baekhyun stared at his eyes.