Three

What If

Chanyeol can hear his own thoughts inside his mind because of the silence. The only thing that distracts him was the sound of the faucet on the sink after Baekhyun washed the cups they used. And all was silent. Everything was silent, even Baekhyun. By looks, he can tell that he really wants to ask Chanyeol something but he can't because he's different from the Chanyeol he knew.

 

"I know this is kind of awkward for you but can I ask why. Why am I married to you? Why are we even married when I don't even know you? I'm sorry for that I'm really sorry but I need an answer."

 

He can feel Baekhyun's heart breaking into pieces. Even smaller than when he lost his husband. It's so selfish for Chanyeol to do that but he was desperate and can't think of anything.

 

"No, it's alright but I just can't understand. I'll answer you but my questions for you won't be answered because you can't remember right? I think that's kind of unfair."

 

He's right.

 

"What should I do? Are you even sure I'm that Chanyeol you're talking about?"

 

Baekhyun met his gaze. It was soft, warm and melting. Chanyeol almost gave in and cry. It was a stare with a lot of hidden meaning. Like he was begging him to remember him. Chanyeol could only gulp hard as he could and averted his gaze.

 

"I know you. I know my Chanyeol in every angle."

 

Chanyeol's heart sank. He looked away again.

 

"Then I'll return again some time. You must be very shocked. We both need to fix something but we both seem are in a situation we too can't understand. I'll come again."

 

He left him his number and returned back to Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

010-2610-6214

 

He held the paper tight until his eyes can't hold the tears in and he sobbed so hard like before. Chanyeol was alive. Chanyeol was alive and he was right infront of him a moment ago. His Chanyeol was alive, but can't even remember him.

 

"Baek.."

Minseok's voice rang just for a second in his head and everything he hears was his own sobs and pieces of his heart breaking again when it's almost healed.

 

"Was that really Chanyeol?"

"Yeah, but not hardly."

He sighed to calm down and talk to Minseok.

"What does he want?"

"I couldn't ask him yet, everything's so sudden."

"Will you be okay?"

"I'll be fine. It's Chanyeol anyways, I can do anything for him."

"But he doesn't feel like the Chanyeol we knew. Something is off."

"I don't care now Minseok, I just want to be with him."

Minseok glared at him like a mother, uncertain for what she just heard from her child.

"What are you saying? Are you possibly thinking he came back for you?"

"I don't know." Baekhyun stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Baek, you don't even know anything about him, just the fact that he looks like Chanyeol--"

"He is Chanyeol, hyung. He is."

"But he's not your Chanyeol. And even if he is, you're not sure if he's still yours."

Baekhyun froze at his words and tightened his grip on the faucet. It hurts to admit that fact.

"Can't I just think of that for now, hyung?"

"I don't know Baek. You'll hurt more if you do this. If you think that way, you'll suffer again maybe worser than before."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Chanyeol came back.

"Baekhyun.."

"Come in."
He was all smile when he saw Chanyeol at his doorstep. His thought washed off and he could only think of now. Chanyeol, infront of him, finally by his side again. He felt painfully complete.

"We can discuss now. I'm feeling fine."

"Oh right, we should."

Chanyeol's eyes are the same. Big, round and innocent as always. His lips..

"You seem off are you alright?" Baekhyun worriedly asked as he saw the twitch in his eyes, meaning he's not alright or he's thinking about something too deeply.

"Uh, honestly I'm not. Kyungsoo hasn't contacted me yet."

Who's Kyungsoo?


"Can I ask who's Kyungsoo?"

"Ah, he's my fiancee."

Fiancee.


Fiancee.


Fian..cee..


"Ah."
Baekhyun sipped his coffee with trembling hands, or rather a trembling heart.

"I should've told you yesterday but yeah."

"Nah, its alright. I understand."

I don't understand.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"So you're getting married? But just came to knew that you're married to me?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry for that. What should we do?"

They talked about that marriage thing. Everytime Chanyeol mentions marriage getting void, his heart sank and drowned and died altogether. He doesn't want what he's saying.

"It's weird how serious you are talking about getting our marriage void. I remember you insisting we should get married as soon as possible." He bitterly chuckled.

"About that. Are you really sure I'm Chanyeol you knew? I can't remember anything that's connected with you."

"I don't know what happened to you, but you're my Chanyeol. I knew you forever, as if I was born just to know you and live for you."

Chanyeol remained silent for a moment for that confession or if it was a confession. That was the very first time someone called Chanyeol as theirs. Kyungsoo never said Chanyeol was his ever. He suddenly felt loved completely.

Baekhyun burst into laughter that left Chanyeol so shocked his eyes went wider.

"That sounds so whipped. I'm so whipped. Why are you doing this to me?" He wiped his tears from laughter but Chanyeol wasn't sure if its still because of laughter or was he already crying. He wiped nonstop while laughing.

Chanyeol reached for him and hugged him. He don't know why but he just knew he needed to hug him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Why can't you just be mine again?"

Baekhyun whispered before he fell asleep in Chanyeol's chest.