Chapter 7

Fighting my own wall of shame

 

No one´s pov

Back to school and same boring routine. Jennie and Zico were standing together in the hall because they were looking for what books they needed for the next lesson. Jennie were talking to Zico so she didn´t notice the boys that were glaring at her from top to toe until Zico glared at them giving them a warning.

"And then me and my brothers ate lunch together- Zico? hello are you listening?" Jennie waved her hand in front of Zico´s face.
"Oh, yeah. But you know .. those nasty boys at out school are staring at you, don´t you feel uncomfortable? Cause you know, I can hit them or whatever if you want" Zico asked her in a joking way but still concerned at the same time. Jennie answered casually that she was used to it, and ignored everyone so she didn´t usually notice that people were staring at her in that way. Zico sighed and said a faintly ok. 

They were going to their next lesson together and Jennie didn´t notice that she walked right up to a boy. Zico stopped his step when he noticed that Jennie´s books were scratched all over the floor. "Auuch .." Jennie said very quietly and rubbed her elbow carefully. When she looked up she saw some suprisingly familiar eyes. It cant possibly be him .. can it? she thought to herself. 

"I´m so sorry Jennie-shi" The familiar boy said while picking up her books. She was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn´t notice how the familiar boy picked up her books. "I can take the rest." Zico broke into their awkward atmosphere. Jennie finally wake up and stood up as if nothing happened. She brushed the invisible dust off her pants awkwardly. Smiling and bowing to him apologetically Zico dragged Jennie´s arm and they went to their next class. 

 


 

Hanbin´s pov

Walking with Junhoe on my side chatting non-stop I didn´t even realize that someone walked straight on me. "Auchh .." I heard a girly voice on top of my body. Pehaps, is that Jennie? I thought to myself. Looking up slowly I was right. It was not my intention to meet her like this, but looks like fate bought us together, or something like that.

Junhoe were standing on the side raising eyebrows and winking at me. Me being my awkward self, tried to break the atmosphere by picking up her books. "I´m sorry Jennie-shi" I looked into her eyes looking for any answers that she still remembers me. Do she really not recognize me?Our eye contact lasted for a long time before a boy next to Jennie broke the silence. 

Oh it was the Zico boy Rosé told me about. He took Jennie´s books from my hands and gave me a rude glare. "I can take the rest" He said before dragging Jennie away from us, but I didn´t forget the action she did, bowing to us politely. At least she have manners, something that rude guy doesn´t.

I sighed and looked how their back slowly faded away. "Looks like it won´t be easy to befriend Jennie with that guy around" Junhoe gave me a helping hand and dragged me up to my own two feets. I sighed and smiled lightly. At least I got to talk to her after so many years I thought for myself. "But, uhm .. Junhoe? Do you think she have forgotten about me?" I asked him carefully. 

"Bro I don´t know .. You have changed a lot, your looks and everything" He answered. 

Sigh, "oh well, let´s go to our next lesson"

 


 

 

School was finally over and I was standing near the bus stop with many other students. Me and Junhoe decided to visit a cafe nearby so that we can finish our homework together. Because we´re good students of course. 

No just joking, it´s free wi-fi so thats why we´re heading towards it. 

The bus stop were pretty crowded so me and Junhoe had to stand while the bus was driving. We were waiting patiently for all the passengers to get on board before driving. The last one´s that came inside was that arrogant guy and Jennie. He met my eyes and I quickly looked away. Not to sound like a coward or something but he looked pretty scary.

"Dude look it´s Jennie, do that rude guy seriously follow Jennie everywhere? What if he´s her boyfrie-" "Shut up Junhoe they´re not in a relationship" I said and Junhoe zipped his mouth. 

In front of us were some girls talking about Jennie and Zico. I listened carefully to what they were talking about. 

"Ah look at Jennie´s hair, it´s seriously so pretty, I decided to colour my hair two colours as well .. what colour should i stripe it?" a girl wearing the same uniform as us asked her friend. "I don´t know, but why is she still hanging with that bully? poor her, he is propably bullying her too but she´s hiding it" The girls said pitifully. 

So that Zico guy is a bully? Tsk. And why is he hanging around Jennie? Asking myself questions and lost in my own thoughts I didn´t notice that we arrived at our destination. "Yah, let´s go to the cafe" Junhoe nugged my shoulder. 

 

We walked outside the bus with Jennie and the bully followed after. They were walking fast passing us and I noticed how Jennie would hit and push him playfully many times but he would just run back to her and cling into her arms. 

"He doesn´t even hit her back or something, what if he isn´t a bully?" Junhoe asked me. I scanned them and looked at how they treated each other. "I´m really curious about their relationship .. yah Junhoe, let´s find more about them tomorrow" I said before noticing how Zico ruffled her hair making it all messed up.

"Ugh, he´s ruining her beautiful hair .." I said more to myself but Junhoe noticed it and gave me a smirk.

Then we entered the cafe and ordered our food and drinks.