Chapter 12

Fighting my own wall of shame

Making plans
Chapter 12

A new day has started and it’s now lunch time. As usual Jennie is sitting with Zico in the canteen. The whole time Zico talked she was unfocused. She was thankful for what Hanbin did that day, and couldn’t think of a way to thank him. Her deep thought somehow made her totally blank out.

Zico was frusterated on how she never payed attention to when he talked and knew exactly what she was thinking about.

«Yah Jennie are you even listening to what i’m saying?» he flicked her forhead. He sure was worried but didn’t show any affection. He knew she was with Hanbin that day. Skipping class was a normal thing for Zico to do. When he decided to take a break on the rooftop he walked past the nurse room and saw Jennie inside. With that guy of course. He didn’t know why but the sight he saw really pissed him off.

Talking about the sun itself, her he comes. Zico looked up and saw how Hanbin boldly walked to their table with a big grin on his face. Seriously, why is he in such a good mood, making Zico angry for no reason yet again.

«Can I sit with you?» Hanbin smiled at Jennie totally ignoring Zico, he smirked when he saw how Hanbin behaved. *So this is how it’s going to be? Fine* Zico thought.

Jennie didn't show a big reaction when Hanbin asked, but played it of cool after waking up from her thoughts.

 «Sure.»

She simlpy replied.

Hanbin’s pov

I stared at Jennie ignoring the guy sitting in front of me. Ever since that incident, I feel more comfortable when i’m around her, I wonder where I got the confident from. Suddenly she turned her head around and stared into my eyes realizing I was quiet for a while.

«Uhm, I just wanted to say thank you for that day» she said without stuttering breaking the awkward atmosphere.

Woaw, she’s tough. pretending she’s not weak and stuff. This made me let out a small laugh.

«It’s okay, i’m always there from now on. I’m your friend right?» I asked her a little bit afraid of what her answer would be. «Yeah, let’s be friends» She answered me with a smile on her face. This made me so happy that I didn’t realize how big of a grin I had on my face.

*cough, cough*

I looked up and saw Zico pretending to not hear anything of what we just said. «Uhm yeah, you guys probably haven’t greeted each other properly, so Zico Hanbin- Hanbin Zico»

 

 

 

No one’s pov

Jennie was sitting there waiting for the boys to greet each other in tention. Hanbin decided to reach out his hand first.

«Hello my name is Hanb-»

«Don’t pretend that we don’t know each other, we met each other at the cafe if you don’t remember?» Zico said flat. This made Hanbin embarrassed so he took his hand back slowly. Jennie saw how rude Zico was so she kicked his leg under the table.

«I’m sorry for his bad behavior, he’s always like this so just ignore him» She said while Zico rolled his eyes. Hanbin smiled at them awkwardly. Zico continued to behave naughty and this made Jennie blow a raspberry.

«Well since he's such a childish boy that act like an five year old, I will tell you a little bit about him. This is Zico my bestfriend. He looks really rude, evil, especially his eyebrows and scars that makes him look angry the whole time, like he work for the devil or somethi-»

«YAAH!»

«I’m sorry» Jennie laughed. «But he’s the kindest person I know» She smiled while Zico was rolling his eyes. 

"Like seriously Jennie, why do you always introduce me to people in that way?"

"I don't" She played dumb.

"uuuuh .. yes you do?" 

"Oh come on, don't act so childish" Jennie smacked his hand while laughing.

"You want to die?" he gritted his teeth.

 

 

Hanbin just sat there and smiled awkwardly while the two of them were bickering front and back. He wouldn’t lie, but even thought Jennie told him that they were bestfriends, he still felt like a third wheel somehow.

 

«Anyway, i’m sure I will meet you more in the future Hanbin» Zico said while staring at him in the eyes with a smirk. This made Hanbin shiver a little bit. Why do he never smile, but only when he’s around Jennie? Hanbin began to wonder why they’re so close and what their backstory is. «I remember when me and Jennie was so close» he thought to himself.

«Guys, it’s Friday right? Why don’t we go bowling tonight, like everyone?» Jennie requested which surprised Zico because she was never the one to ask first.

«Sure» Zico answered without any thoughts before giving an answer. If Jennie is asking, the answer may always be a yes.

 

Hanbin was happy she asked so his answer was yes aswell.

«Should I bring Rose and Junhoe though?» He asked.

He wanted to see Jennie getting close with his friends again so that everything will be back to normal.

«Yeah, sure» she answered while drinking up her water. All her food was still there and it looks like no one even touched it. «You not gonna eat your food?» Hanbin asked her. Jennie just shook her head and said that she wasn’t hungry. Hanbin didn’t say anything back , but Zico on the other hand looked furious.

«Eat» he said while shoving a sandwich inside . Then he casually stood up and walked out of the school. «Such a funny dude» Jennie said more to herself when it was only her and Hanbin at the table. Hanbin studied their interaction closely and he felt a little bit jealousy. Or, he thinks it was jealousy.

«Well see you tonight at bowling Hanbin-shi» Jennie stood up and walked to her classroom. The only person on the table left was Hanbin. He sat there alone until Rose and Junhoe showed up.

«Booh!» Rose scared him from behind.

«Aish! that scared me,» he made a little jump. Junhoe was standing there laughing while Rose only smiled. «What are you thinking so deeply about that you didn’t even notice us coming?» She asked him while he was twirling the fork around.

 

«You guys know, i’ve been talking to Jennie, like recently ..» He started slowly. Rose and Junhoe was extra focused at the mention of Jennie.

«So? ..» Rose asked.

«I think we’re friends? She asked us if we wanted to join her and Zico to play bowling, and I answered yes so you guys better join me» he said with a mixed feeling. He was smiling and confused because he never thought that Jennie and him would get along so well after everything that happened.

«Really? That’s great! I haven’t played bowling since forever» Rose sighed.

«Same» Junhoe said while sipping his applejuice.

«Let’s go together later on. My house at seven pm» Hanbin said. Everyone agreed and they couldn’t wait to play bowling together. Hanbin couldn’t wait to see Jennie again. Things are going better than expected!

 


Oh thanks for reading my story haha!