“The kiddo is right.”

Twice the Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think we should formulate a plan.” Jihyo was the one who suggested as the girls sat around the circle, with the bonfire in the middle keeping them warm from the night chilling air.

“I agree.” Jungyeon stated. “We have been here for four days, and no one came for us yet.” She continued in an exasperating manner.

“They probably wouldn’t even see us here.” Tzuyu added rationally. “This place is surrounded by trees, I think we should move to a place where they would definitely notice us should they send out search teams.”

“The kiddo is right.” Jungyeon agreed with Tzuyu.Tzuyu smiled at the latter’s direction as a form of appreciation.

“We could move to a higher ground.” Dahyun spoke up while pointing at the mountains in a distance. “Besides, I’m starting to feel sick looking at the plane and knowing how many people are dead inside.” There was silence as a shudder passed through each of them.  They had been aware of the bodies in the plane, some had died gruesomely but many were missing, assuming they had flew out or was in the other half of the plane.

“But it’s at least a mile away from here.” Momo voiced out her concern. “We would die of hunger by the time we reached there.” Mina nudged her friend’s ribs and sent her a glare and meant ‘silence’. The other girl pouted but said nothing.

“We can make it.” Chaeyoung spoke for the first time in the entire discussion. “We have plenty of supplies. We will make it.”  Chaeyoung said with determination. Shne had been itching to get out of this hell hole the entire time she was here. If it meant walking miles and climbing dangerous rocks and roads, then so be it. Being here, with the presence of a certain girl, was threatening her own sanity and being.

“Yeah. We can and we will.” Jungyeon encouraged the group. “It’s better than staying here doing nothing, right?”

“Yeah.” Sana nodded her head. “I’m with you.”

“As much as it pains me,” Nayeon pursed her lips in distaste. “I’m with you as well.” Jungyeon grinned and turned her head around, watching the other girls.

“Well?”

“I guess we have to give it a try.”

 

 

 

The next morning, the girls woke up early to pack their stuff up. They made sure to get everything useful out of what was left of the plane before loading their stuff into the luggage they had brought with them. Each of them carried at least one, and all of them were filled with essential supplies that would keep them surviving.

After a while of packing, they made sure to fill their stomach and drank from the river they had found before starting their tiresome journey to the mountains.

They walk there was exhausting and excruciating. The trees around them were packed like sardine cans and there were branches sticking out here and there.  There were few obstacles such as quicksand and cliffs that the girls had to be extremely aware of.

By their fourth hour of jungle tracking, they were exhausted and lifeless. They decided in unison to take a long break before their limbs fall apart.

Tzuyu was glad they had filled plenty of water into their luggage even if they were heavy and inconvenient to bring around. They hadn’t spotted a single river or waterfall. The sun had been blazing hot and they were starting to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter