"She’s just a selfish little brat."

Twice the Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Nayeon had recovered completely and was ready to continue her journey. She had apologized for dragging the others down. While they traveled for 4 hours, only stopping when the spotted a waterfall. The girls had been extremely blissful. They decided to stop and refill their nearly empty containers and cleanup a bit before continuing their lengthy journey.

The girls took turns using the waterfall to clean up their soiled body. The shower was quick and wonderful, and they decided with heavy heart they would have to move on, knowing that there might not be another source of water ahead of them.

As they were travelling for another hour or so, they had finally been closer to the mountains than ever before. The track had started to slope, and the walk had certainly become harder. The sun had begun to set and they decided it was time for them to set up their tent. It was when they finished setting their tent and tthat the sun had completely disappeared when they heard that terrifying sound.

“Isn’t that….” Jihyo cupped her hand around her ear to hear better. “Wolf hauling?” The nine girls gulped as they kept quiet and listened. The hauling stopped, but the girls didn’t dare to move an inch. Then they heard rapid footsteps approaching them.

“Run!” Jungyeon shouted, grabbing whoever’s hand and started pulling the person with her as she started running off to a certain direction.

Jihyo gasped and quickly shook Sana awake from her shock. She pulled Sana and ran off to another direction. Tzuyu and Dahyun started running towards where Jihyo and Sana had escaped to.

 

-…..-…..-…….-……-……-……-……-

 

“Holy !” Jungyeon stopped and panted hard when she was sure they were far enough. “Chaeyoung that wa-“ She was shocked when the person she had dragged  along wasn’t her childhool friend. “What the hell!” She pointed at the girl. “Why is it you?!”

“Ask yourself that!” Nayeon rolled her eyes while crouching down catching her breath. “You were the one who grabbed me and pulled me along.” She wiped her sweat with her wrist.

“Damn! Chaeyoung! She might be in danger.” Jungyeon turned to leave but a hand on her wrist stopped her. “What are you doing?” Jungyeon enquired, glancing at their hands and the owner of the hand grasping hers.

“Are you stupid? If you go back there, you’ll get eaten alive by those wolves.” Nayeon knitted her eyebrows.

“That’s none of you problem.” Jungyeon wriggled her wrist out of the latter’s hand and attempted to run away when a pair of arms were wrapped around her waist. "What the-" She turned her head over her shoulder. 

“Don’t go. Don’t leave me here alone.” Nayeon begged while resting her face on her , her arms squeezing the latter tight determined to not let go.  

“Let. Me. Go.” Jungyeon tried wriggling her but Nayeon’s grip was hard and strong. “I have to save Chaeyoung.”

“Chaeyoung is probably safe with the others.” Nayeon said stubbornly, refusing to let the other girl go. She was afraid of being alone in this dark forest with wolves lurking out in the dark. “Even if you do get there, don’t you think they would have already escaped to another place or something.” Nayeon tried to reasoned it out. Finally Jungyeon stopped moving and let out a loud dejected sigh.

“Great! Now I’m stuck with you. You! Of all people!” She plopped herself down on the ground and glared at Nayeon. She quickly stood and pulled Nayeon up to her feet. “We need to get going. Who knows if there are wolves or any around here.” Jungyeon said before walking hastily to whichever direction. She didn’t know where they were supposed to go, but they better find somewhere to hide before anything finds them.

She felt a tug on her shirt and glanced back questioningly at Nayeon. Nayeon looked away and eventhough it was really dark, Jungyeon could still see the pink tint on the girl’s face through the illumination of the moon. She let the girl tug on her shirt all the way until she had found what seemed to be a small cave.  Nayeon was delighted of what they have found and squeezed Jungyeon’s arm. Her feet tapping in excitement and Jungyeon tried not to smile at the cute gesture.

They found some leaves and bushes to hide the entrance of the cave. It was extremely dark in the cave, and the two couldn’t see anything beside the silhouette of the other. The cave could barely fit the two of them. Jungyeon could feel the warmth of Nayeon’s breath against her face. She knew the girl was right in front of her, and they were only inches apart.

Her heart raced but she remained still. She could feel Nayeon’s body trembling from the cold night air and hestitantly reached out to wrap her hands around the girl. Nayeon was shocked by the other girl’s action but didn’t resist when the younger girl pulled her down and rested her chin on the crowned of Nayeon’s head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter