Chapter 14: Mixed Feelings

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//At Seoul University// 
Jennie has been helping you move into your dorm at Seoul University, and things aren't going quite well, especially since you've been so anxious and unable to focus on anything. Mark's words that afternoon are still running through your head. You're both unpacking some boxes and you can't focus at all. 
"Y/N, if you don't feel like doing this, rest first. I can unpack a lot of these," Jennie smiles. 
"No. This is my place. I didn't even want you to help, but you insisted," you reply. 
"Well, if I didn't insist, then you probably wouldn't have gotten half of these boxes done. I know you're thinking about Mark," she says. 
"I can't stop thinking about what he said," you tell her. 
"Well, you're happy right? That he still loves you?" she asks, sitting down on the couch that is still covered in plastic. 
"I am. I'm so happy, but something doesn't seem right. It's weird how I didn't receive all those letters and how he couldn't contact me," you explain. 
"Yeah, that's weird. I wonder if Herin did all of it," she says. 
"Do you think she knows that Mark doesn't really love her?" you ask. 
"Who knows? That girl seems to know everything. Girls know everything," she laughs. 
"Ugh, whatever. Let's continue to unpack," you smile. 
You continue to unpack some picture frames containing photographs of you and your family. There are photos of when you first graduated from kindergarten, photos from your first family vacation to Canada for your 12th birthday, and photos from when you first visit Seoul as a baby. You smile as you slowly unpack all of the photo albums that you had, and you place them on top of the fireplace. 
"Hey, Y/N. What's this?" Jennie asks, holding up a gold heart necklace. 
"Oh my goodness. I haven't seen this in years!" you exclaim, taking the necklace from her and admiring it. 
"What is it?" she asks, examining the necklace. 
"Ah, when my parents, my brother, and I went to Vancouver, Canada for my 12th birthday, we met a nice family at church. Their youngest son gave this to me," you smile. 
"Aw, really? What was the son's name?" she asks. 
"I don't know. All I know is, he was my age," you frown. 
"Did you have a crush on him?" she giggles. 
"A bit. I mean we were friends the whole week that we were there, and when his family said goodbye to us, he gave me the necklace. He said that we would meet again if we were meant to be," you laugh. 
"Ah so cheesy! But, that's sweet. Do you ever think that you could have met him again?" she asks. 
"Hm, he's probably still in Canada. Maybe when I'm a doctor and when I have enough money, I'll go back to Vancouver and visit him. The thing is, I don't even remember his name," you laugh. 
"That's sad. If you ever met him again, would you trade Mark for him?" she asks. 
"I don't know. I really don't know," you reply, putting on the necklace. You used to wear that necklace everyday up until you started training at SM. You never took that boy seriously, but you admired the necklace so much and his words really made an impact on you. You hear people screaming outside of your dorm window, and you check to see what's going on outside. There are a group of older university students screaming while standing around a black van like crazy fangirls. 
"Yah. Why are they so loud? Are they going to be your future schoolmates? Better leave now while you can," Jennie laughs, covering her ears. 
"There's a black van apparently. I guess it's some rich kid?" you ask, trying to see who's getting out of the van, but the girls are covering the whole car so you're unable to see. 
"Maybe. It's Seoul University after all," she replies. 
"IT'S MARK LEE!" you hear a girl scream from outside, and your heart drops. 
"What the heck?! Mark's here?!" Jennie exclaims. 
You run to look out of the window and you see Mark walk out of the van. You turn around and look at Jennie, feeling like you're about to throw up. 
"Mark is visiting you!" she giggles. 
"Do you think I want this?" you ask, getting annoyed. 
"Yes. Yes, I do think you want this," she laughs. 
You groan and go straight into the empty bathroom, trying to fix your hair. You put on some powder and lipstick and you hear someone knock on the door. You hear Jennie say, "come in" and you hear Mark's voice. You take a deep breath in front of the mirror and come out. 
"Hi," you casually say. 
"Hey. Can we talk?" he asks. You nod and look at Jennie. She walks out and gives you a wink. 
"W-what are you doing here?" you ask. 
"I...wanted to give you this," he says, handing you a small white envelope. 
"What is it?" you ask, starting to open the envelope. 
"It's the first out of many letters that I sent you during the two years that you were gone," he replies. 
"H-how did you find this? Why are you giving it to me right now?" you ask, unfolding the letter. 
"I found it. It was the last one left in Herin's closet," he says. 
You stop opening the letter and look at him, "Herin's closet? W-what?" 
"Apparently, she stopped every single letter that I sent to you. She threw away all of them except this one," he says as he shakes his head. 
"How cruel of her to do that. Why would she do that?" you ask. 
"Because I'm positive now that she knows I'm still in l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter