Chapter 15: Goodbye?

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//One week later// 

Ever since that day Herin visited you at your dorm, you haven't been able to sleep peacefully at night and you've been so scared to contact Mark or anyone in NCT. You're so scared that she'll end up finding out that you talked to Mark or you attempted to be close to him again, so she'll take away your dreams. You don't know why you're so scared about it, but she just seemed so convincing. You visit Jennie's dorm at her university, and you decide to bring her some food. 
"Hey!" you say, walking into her dorm. 
"Woah. You look tired," she says. 
"I do?" you ask, sounding like it was a shocking statement. 
"No. You totally don't look like you've been running on three hours of sleep and you totally look like Herin didn't scare you," she sarcastically says. 
"I just don't know what to do! Who knew that a girl like her can be so evil?!" you ask, crossing your arms. 
"Okay. I suggest that you don't see Mark until you're fully sure that Herin is over it," she says. 
"The truth is, Herin might already be dead and she still wouldn't be over it," you say, rolling your eyes. 
Jennie bursts out into laughter, "Good one. But, I'm being serious. Don't see him unless you really have to." 
"What if I miss him?" you cutely ask. 
"Aigoo. I'm sure he misses you too," she laughs, patting your head. 
"I'm scared, Jennie. I'm scared," you tell her. 
"I know. It's normal to be scared but don't let it control you, because in the end, it's not about what Herin does and it's not about what the CEO does. Go with Canadian boy's advice 'If it's meant to be, then you'll see each other again.'" she smiles. 
You laugh, "Canadian boy?" 
"Yes, Canadian boy. Hey. If you and Mark don't work out, then go to Canada!" she laughs. 
You shake your head and laugh, "I told you I'll never find him!" 
"Okay, okay. When you become a doctor, you'll be able to have all the money in the world and then you can go to Canada," she says. 
"What? No, I couldn't even afford going to Seoul University if it weren't for that full-ride scholarship," you say. 
"I know. But, you're smart! You'll graduate and get a huge job promotion and you'll be the greatest doctor in South Korea!" she exclaims. 
"Fine. I'll become a great doctor and go to Canada, okay?" you laugh. 
Your phone rings and it's a call from an unknown number. You're too scared to answer it, so you just let it ring. The ringing stops, but it rings once again. 
"Pick it up. It might be important," Jennie says. 
You pick it up and say, "H-hello?" 
"Y/N, let's talk," you hear Mark say at the end of the other line. 
"M-Mark?! Why did you call? How did you find my number?" you ask, having the need to hang up the phone. 
"Your friend gave it to me, but that isn't what's important right now. I want to talk to you," he replies. 
"I-I don't know if that's a good idea," you stammer. 
"Why not? I don't care what others are gonna say. I miss you," he says. 
"Please, Mark. I can't," you reply. 
"Please. Please, let me see you," he begs. 
"I'm sorry," you tell him. You hang up and put your phone down carefully on the bed. 
"Let me guess, he wants to see you but you're having doubts?" she asks. 
You nod, "I can't just see him without being so scared that Herin sent someone to look for us." 
"Why are you so scared? Losing Mark is so scary," she says. 
"And losing my dream of becoming a doctor is scary, too," you reply. 
"Who said you were going to lose that dream?" she asks. 
"Herin! I saw her mom the other day. People respect her so much here and she has the most serious face I've ever seen," you say. 
"Wait, I thought she was just a professor?" Jennie asks. 
"Nope. She's apparently the most respected out of all of the professors. She helped rebuild the new medical building and she also donated so much money to the school," you reply. 
"Aigoo. I bet Herin's father is some rich man too. Ugh, this family pisses me off," she groans. 
Just as you're about to reply, you hear a knock on the door and your heart drops. 
"I'm not getting the door. What if that's Herin or something?" you ask, your heart beating so fast. 
"If you won't get it, then I will," she replies, walking towards the door. She opens the door just as you decide to hide by crouching behind her bed. 
You hear her say "Oh! Come in!" and you slowly peek from her bed to see who it is. You see Mark and you end up crouching down even more, panicking and wondering why he's there. 
"Y/N, stop hiding," you hear Jennie laugh. 
You slowly stand up and nervously laugh, seeing Mark standing by the door holding a bouquet of flowers. 
"Hey, beautiful," he smiles walking towards you and giving you a hug.
"Uh! Hi!" you suddenly reply, giving him a nervous laugh. 
"Let's go. I have to take you somewhere," he smiles. 
"Uh, Mark, didn't I tell you not to come here?" you ask.
"Yes, but did you really expect me to listen?" he chuckles, grabbing your hand. 
"Uh! Mark! What?" you ask, getting startled. 
Jennie throws you your purse as Mark drags you out the door. He tightly holds your hand until you reach the dorm parking lot, and every time you try to say something, he tells you to be quiet and just wait. You sit down in the passenger seat, and he starts driving. 
"I'm sorry. I know you didn't want to see me, but I missed you so much," he smiles. 
"Mark, you have to understand my situation right now. I can't just hang out with you whenever," you tell him. 
He frowns, "Why? What situation are you in right now? 
"I can't tell you," you reply. 
"Why? You can always trust me," he says. 
"I'm doing it to protect you," you reply, "I don't want you to know, because it's not important for you to know." 
"Does it have to do with me?" he asks. 
"No...I mean, yes, but," you start, not knowing what to say. 
"Fine. I won't force you to tell me today, but you're going to end up having to tell me another time. Promise?" he says, giving you a cute smile. 
He stops the car and parks in a familiar parking lot and your heart drops. SM Entertainment. That's where he took you. 
"M-Mark, why are we here? We can't be here," you tell him. 
"Ah, Johnny hyung wanted to see you before we went on our date. I don't know why, but he'll meet us out here. In the meantime, I'll just get my jacket from upstairs since I forgot it," he smiles, lightly kissing you on the forehead. 
"O-oh, okay," you reply, waiting in the parking lot. 
After waiting for what feels like forever, Johnny finally sits down in the driver's seat next to you and he smiles. 
"Hi! I haven't seen you since your graduation," he smiles. 
"Yeah. How have you been?" you ask. 
"Tired as always," he laughs. 
"So...why did you want to talk to me?" you ask. 
"I just wanted to tell you that Mark loves you a lot. I know you two have been through a lot and I know that you two had many misunderstandings, but Mark is willing to make it up to you," he says. 
"What are you trying to say?" you ask. 
"Please, stay by his side. He...needs you," he sighs. 
"Wait, is there something that's going on?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter