Chapter 3: Monthly Evaluations

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up bright and early in the morning to have a little bit of time to see what's going on at the company. You take the stairs to the floor where the evaluations are being held, and you feel really nervous. This is your dream that is at stake, and you don't want to fail in front of the judges on your first evaluation. You go into the mini auditorium and see all of the trainees waiting to be evaluated. Though the evaluations haven't started, everybody is already sitting down, super nervous. There are over 30 trainees, and you don't know if you'll even get into the top 10. Of course, Koeun, Lami, Hina, and Herin are sitting in the front confidently. They're the girl trainees who have been in the company for the longest, and they've done so many evaluations already. You choose a seat that's right in the middle of the audience, and you quietly wait. 
"Y/N! Hi! Are you ready?" you hear Koeun say, walking towards your seat. She sits in the empty seat next to you. 
"Uh...yeah, I guess," you shyly tell her. 
"You'll do great! I heard you're doing the song with Mark! I heard that it's some flaming hot dance number," she winks, making you laugh. 
"Uh...uh, where did you hear that?" you say followed by a nervous laugh. 
"I was in the boys' dorm last night when Mark told us," she replies. You slowly nod, wondering why Mark would tell them something like that. 
"I have a question. Who usually gets in the top 10?" you ask with confidence. 
"These past couple years, I've been in the top 10 maybe at least four times a year, but, there is one girl who gets #1 every month," she whispers. 
"Who?" you ask, getting scared. 
"Herin! She's just so good at everything. No wonder Mark loves her so much," she sighs. 
You feel your heart break into two pieces, and you start to feel hurt for no reason once again. Before you could even say anything else, Koeun already is back at her seat, because one of the judges is on the stage with a mic. 
The judge starts to speak, "Hello, trainees. My name is Lee Jae Ok and I am one of the judges. For our new trainees, here is our advice: just do your best and try really hard to get into the top 10. Your dreams are indeed at the edge of the cliff right now. Not being in the top 10 does not mean you will leave, of course, but it will just lessen your chance of staying here longer. Before anything else, I would like to present our very own brand, NCT. These 17 boys who worked really hard these past few years debuting in units will perform a number for all of you. They will show you how it is done here at SM Entertainment." 
The judge turns off his mic and returns to his seat at the table in front of the stage. The lights go off and purple spotlights point at the stage. You see the NCT boys standing in a certain formation, and you see Mark in a leather jacket and jeans. His hair is up and he looks so handsome and cool. The song, "Hide and Freak" by Somo starts to play, and the boys start to dance. Their moves are so powerful and they're so synchronized. You're so amazed and you can't seem to close your mouth due to how shocked you are. Mark is absolutely amazing, and your heart beats faster. Their moves continue to get sharper and sharper, and they do body rolls and the trainees squeal. You feel yourself falling for Mark at the moment, but then you remember his terrible attitude and come back to your senses. At last the song ends, and the NCT members bow. The trainees scream like they are at a concert, but you just quietly clap. 
"The first person who will be evaluated is Herin. Please come out," the judge says from his seat. Herin happily walks to the stage and bows. Everybody is clapping, and you assume that she's a crowd favorite. She starts to sing, "Almost Is Never Enough" by Ariana Gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter