Chapter 4: Falling For Someone Else

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up the next morning trying to figure out why you agreed to be Mark's fake girlfriend. You know that it's just a temporary thing and you know that since he's already your instructor, it won't be that bad, but you're just getting really bad vibes. You don't know if it will turn out good or bad and you're extremely worried that Herin and the other trainees will hate you to the point that they will bully you. You walk to the company and you feel fingers intertwine with yours. You turn around in shock and see Mark. 
"Yah! What are you doing?!" you exclaim, quickly pushing away his hand. 
"What do you mean? A boyfriend is only doing what he should be doing to his very own girlfriend," Mark replies with a wink. 
"Ah...ah, I see," you quietly say. 
"Oh, yeah, yesterday you had rules. I have rules as well. Actually, just one," he tells you, holding your hand as you both walk to the vocal practice room. 
"What is it?," you ask, letting him hold your hand. 
"We will only act like this when Herin or some of the other girls are around. Understood?" he tells you, making sure everything is clear. 
"Yes, but, what about your members?" you ask. 
"Don't worry. They know that we're in a fake relationship for Herin. They won't tell anyone. I promise," he smiles. 
You both sit down in front of the piano, immediately letting go of his hand. Just before Mark starts to sing vocal warm-ups, Jaemin barges in and bows to you.

"Hello. My name is Na Jaemin. I know I saw you the other day, but I was in a hurry. I hope we become great friends," Jaemin tells you, extending his hand for a handshake. You shake his hand and bow your head slightly.

"What do you want?" Mark snaps, making Jaemin laugh. 

"I wanted to introduce myself to your trainee of course!" he replies, playfully punching Mark in the shoulder. 
"Well, if you're finished with you business, you may leave my girlfriend and me alone," Mark smirks. 
"You mean your fake girlfriend?" Jaemin laughs. 
"Stop it!" Mark defensively yells. You giggle seeing the two fight like brothers. 
"Anyways, I'm also here to tell you that monthly evaluation results are out, and for the first time ever, Herin got kicked off the list and Y/N is now #1," Jaemin explains. You see Mark's eyes widen and he immediately grabs your wrist. Just as you're about to say something, he drags you out of the room and runs to where the results paper is posted. Jaemin runs after you both and you see a bunch of trainees crowded around the paper. 
"Excuse me! Let me through!" Mark orders, making all of the trainees bow and immediately make a partition in the crowd for you and Mark to get through. Still holding your hand, Mark carefully examines the results list and he looks at you without saying anything. 
"What? What happened?" you worriedly ask him. 
He slowly nods, "It's true. You're #1 and Herin is only #2 now." 
"Really!? I can't believe this!" you exclaim, smiling so much. Without saying anything at all, Mark just walks away and doesn't even look at you. 
"Just ignore him. I'm really proud of you!" Jaemin smiles, patting your back. You give him a small smile and all of the other trainees give you compliments. You see Herin stare at you and she immediately looks away. She still continues to stare at you which gives you a really bad feeling. You quickly bow and search for Mark. You figure that he returned to the vocal room and you see him staring into blank space. Opening the door, you slowly walk in. 
"Mark! Why did you just walk away like that?" you ask, sitting in the chair in front of him. 
"Y/N, you know I love Herin. Seeing her off the list like that makes me feel bad," he replies without hesitation. 
"I know...but," you start. 
Mark interrupts you, "If you understand, then we don't have to talk about this anymore. Good job getting #1." 
You open your mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Mark flips through sheet music, tapping his foot at a fast pace. 
"Let's sing," he orders, playing some warm-ups on the piano. You start to sing the warm-ups and someone knocks on the door. Herin is standing outside with a blank expression on her face, and to your surprise, Mark immediately gets up and lets her in. 
"Hey, do you need anything?" he gently asks her. 
"N-no. I just...heard that you have a new girlfriend," she softly replies.  
"Ah, ah, y-yes," Mark says, putting his arm around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter