Chapter 17: Ending

It Might Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//2 weeks later// 

It's been two whole weeks since you last saw Mark, and he isn't replying to any of your messages and he isn't answering your calls either. 
"Mom! I'm going to Seoul," you tell your mom. 
"W-what? Why all of a sudden?" your mom asks. 
"Mark isn't replying to any of my calls and texts. I've been contacting the NCT members, and they won't say anything. I have to go," you say, giving her a kiss. 
"Y/N, you have to be safe, okay? Call me when you get there!" she says as you walk out of the door. 

You take the midnight train back to Seoul and the train ride feels like forever. Six hours isn't much, but it feels like you've been on the train for years. You finally get off at Seoul Station and quickly take a taxi to SM Entertainment. It's currently 7am and you know that Mark is practicing already. No one is there except for Mark and Jaemin. You haven't seen Jaemin in years, and you're quite scared to face him. But, you're so relieved that Mark is alright. Just as you're about to go in, you hear Jaemin and Mark talking. 
"Please don't tell Y/N. Just don't," you hear Mark say. 
"I-I won't," you hear Jaemin reply. 

You get scared, so you go in wondering if they were talking about you. 
"Were you guys talking about me?" you ask, crossing your arms. 
"Y/N?! Oh my god! It's been years!" Jaemin exclaims, giving you a hug. 
"Jaemin! I missed you," you smile, hugging him back. 
"Y/N, how long have you been there?" Mark asks. 
You frown, "I took the freakin midnight train to get here and you ask me that question?" 
"S-sorry. I'm just surprised. Did you hear what we were talking about?" he asks you. 
"Just the part where you said not to tell me something," you laugh, acting like you don't care. 
"Okay. It's almost 8am. You want to go see the sunrise?" Mark asks you, giving you a kiss on the cheek. 
"Of course," you smile.
Jaemin waves goodbye and you get in Mark's car. He holds your hand tightly while driving. His hand is freezing cold and it's shaking. 
"Mark, why is your hand so cold? Are you alright?" you worriedly ask, putting his hand in between both of yours, trying to warm it up. 
"Y/N, don't worry about it. It's probably from practicing all night," he smiles. 
You frown, "Didn't I tell you not to practice too hard? You guys aren't having a comeback soon." 
"I love to dance. I love to rap. Everything about being an idol...I love. I want to practice until the end," he says. 
"What end? You will have more opportunities before you go to school. Plus, going to medical school isn't the end of all of this," you say. 
"Let's just enjoy ourselves today, okay? And I'm sorry, but, the NCT members and I are all going to Paju today," he says. 
"Paju? Why all of a sudden?" you ask. 
He smiles, "Because we wanted to bond as best friends. As brothers. We haven't done that since our debut, and we wanted some quality time together." 
"How long will you be gone?" you ask. 
"Two days," he replies, parking in an empty parking space by the Yanghwa Bridge. 
"Will you be back?" you smile. 
No answer. No reply. Just a smile. That's it. 

You sit down at a bench by the Yanghwa Bridge, and Mark takes a breath of fresh air, holding your hand tightly. 
"You remember this? We saw each other here during your trainee days. We despised each other back then," he laughs. 
"Of course I remember. And hey, you said you were thankful for me," you laugh, hugging his arm. 
"If the person you loved left you, would you be able to forgive them?" Mark randomly asks. 
You frown, "You mean if you left me, would I be able to forgive you? Of course. But, you had to have left for a good reason. Why? Are you going to leave me?" 
"N-no. Of course not! I love you," he smiles, kissing your head. 


You watch the sunrise and stay in each other's arms for a couple of hours. Everything feels so great whenever you're with Mark, and you want to stay like that forever. 
"Y/N, I love you so much," he whispers. 
You smile, "I love you more." 
"Let's go," he smiles. 
"Okay," you reply, standing up. 
"Ah, can you take a taxi?" he asks. 
"Taxi? Why?" you ask. 
He smiles, "Because straight from the company, we're taking the bus to Paju." 
"Ah, okay," you quietly say, getting sad that you have to say goodbye again. 
"Have a safe trip back, okay?" he says. 
"I'm going to go visit Jennie first. I called her earlier," you smile. 
"Okay," he smiles as you walk away. 
"Y/N," he says. 
You turn around, "Hm?" 
"I love you," he says as his soft blonde hair blows in the wind. 
You smile, "I love you more than you can ever imagine, Mark Lee." 

 

//The next day// 

You stayed at Jennie's place overnight, but you weren't able to fall asleep. You think that maybe it's just because it's been so long since you've been back in the city. You just can't seem to stop thinking about Mark and you don't know why. Every time you think about him, you get really nervous for no reason. You want to call him, but you know that he's probably having lots of fun with NCT in Paju. 
"Y/N, are you going back to Busan?" Jennie asks you while brushing her teeth. 
"No. I want to stay here until Mark gets back," you reply, tightly holding your phone. 
"What's wrong? You've been like this since yesterday," she says, putting her hair in a ponytail. 
"I don't know. I just feel really worried about Mark," you say. 
Somebody knocks on your door and Jennie gets it. She bows and says "Hello" formally, and you wonder who it is. You go to the door and see that it's Jaemin. 
"Jaemin! What are you doing here? I thought you were in Paju?" you ask. 
"Yes, but, we got back early this morning due to an emergency," he says. 
"Oh. What emergency? Is everything alright?" you ask. 
He replies, "Uh, can I talk to your friend first?" 
"M-me?! Why me?" Jennie asks him. 
He grabs her hand and they talk outside. You patiently wait while standing by the door and wonder what they're talking about. They both finally come back inside and they both look pale. 
"Y/N, sit down on the bed," she tells you. You immediately sit down and stare at her in confusion. 
"Uh, Jennie. Sit down next to her and hold her," Jaemin tells Jennie. Jennie follows his orders and you get even more confused. 
"What's going on? What the hell?" you ask as Jennie holds your hand. 
"Y/N, I need to tell you something important and I want you to do something for me. I want you to be strong,"Jaemin says, giving you a small smile. 
"What is it?" you ask, getting so scared. 
"M-Mark...he," Jaemin says, starting to cry. 
"He what?!" you yell, Jennie still holding you. 
"Mark...passed away last nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter