VIII. IT'S TOUGH BEING A GIRL

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8. It’s tough being a girl

 

The fastest to arrive back at the house were Donghae and Hyukjae. Soon after them, Heechul arrived and went straight to hug Donghae, whispering some things in his ear that made the youngster blush and look for the black haired for help. It had taken Siwon another hour to arrive so they were quickly gathered together, ready the end of their first mission. What they had planned for the first mission had been done in a matter of three days. All that was left was for Moon to put together all the pieces of the information and set up tracking for everyone involved. The exploits she had instructed Hyukjae to install on the computer had made it so that she could see whatever was in the computer and make sure the information there would not disappear unless they complete fried the hard drives. But there was a lot of information. It was going to take a few more days to be able to put everything together but they had done 70 percent of the job already.

Moon had ordered food, enough for all of them to feast on, earning thanks from everyone else. It looked like it was a good idea to get something to eat, Heechul suggesting that it would have been a great idea to do this every time they did a mission or at least completed a serious part of it. They had rounded up on the conference table, Kyuhyun sitting on the edge of the desk where the computers were so that he could see and talk to everyone if needed. Donghae had a serious appetite. It had been amazing to just follow instructions and get himself losing his consciousness, puking and all. At first he did not believe that a simple matter of slow and deep breaths, done quickly or slower in a certain combination could make him just drop dead on the ground but since it worked, he was now very hungry and was basically devouring the noodles.   

“So what happens now?” Siwon asked, sitting on the chair with his legs crossed, elegantly eating a dumpling.

“Once we organize some of the information, we’ll send them forward to Leeteuk. We have already found some of the partners so we just need to find the information about the meetings.” Kyuhyun shrugged, thinking that was about everything that needed to happen.

“I’ve sent the photos and some conversations towards him as you told me.” Moon munched on her burger.

Each of the people there was eating the food that was on their liking. On the table there were noodles, dumplings, pizza, burgers and fries, bottles of Cola and Cider, water and even some soju. It looked like a party was happening, the center of it being the conference table so surely there were not going to be fights about food or complains that one had ate too much and left nothing for the other.

“Good. How long for the rest?” Kyuhyun enquired.

“I’ll help!” Hyukjae offered.

“Me too.” Donghae spoke right after. “Though I am a bit of a klutz....” he quickly remembered, using a finger to scratch the back of his head.

“It should work fast then.” Moon nodded her head. “But if you ruin any piece of technology, I’ll kill you” she snapped her head towards the light brown haired, her eyes narrowed and glaring.

“What?!” Donghae almost chocked on his food.

“What?” Moon answered back, a smirk now on her face. “I meant socially, digitally. You know....” she wiggled her eyebrows a bit.

She liked Donghae. He kind of felt like the older little brother she never had and he seemed the nicest of the all and therefore making him the one she could actually mess around and joke with. She did mean that though. All it took were 2 months and then she could go back to her free normal self and do what she wanted. She was currently cosplaying as a white-hat but once she was free and out of jail, she had the liberty to do whatever she wanted. If she wanted to kill Donghae socially and digitally, all she had to do was to take over all of his online accounts. SNS, bank accounts, conversations, transactions, she could hijack anything and turn him into an outcast. She didn’t want to but if forced, she could.

“Aww....” Heechul purred towards Donghae. “It’s okay. You can come live with me and I will take care of you.” He spoke with a smirk, brushing his hand over Donghae’s cheek.

“Hyukkie!!” Donghae stood up really fast, running towards the other side of the table, basically smashing into the black haired.

“Woah woah woah!” Hyukjae almost chocked on his food.

Kyuhyun grinned as he watched the scene. Donghae was basically chocking the black haired, his arms wrapped around the eldest neck. He believed it was called a head lock or at least it looked like a head lock. It didn’t make much sense since Hyukjae was seated but it was a funny scene. Hyukjae was slightly confused because he had told them they can call him Hyuk but this was the first time he was hearing anyone call him Hyukkie.

“Looks like you lost to the Monkey.” Siwon pointed out.

“Well, then... how about a ride, Horsey?” Heechul wiggled his own eyebrows towards the other, using his leg to touch the other and flirt.

Seeing Siwon gulp and looking taken aback had made Donghae feel happier. Him being happier meant he had bounced around a bit and even hit Hyukjae a few times, yet again making the black haired almost choke on his food. Now the latter was seriously thinking he should not eat when in the presence of Lee Donghae or he would end up suffocating to his death. Moon muttered a bit, since some of the food in Hyukjae’s mouth had barely missed her clothes. She stood up from the table, looking at the two with a disgusted look on her face and finally decided it was better to just stay at her desk. Siwon had not answered Heechul yet and was soon pretending that he had not heard anything and that he was more hungry that he actually was when Heechul placed his hand on his thigh and began brushing it dangerously close to his private area. He was partially tempted though.

“Are you even allowed to do that?” Donghae mumbled, taking Moon’s spot on the table so that he could be out of Heechul’s reach.

“Do what?” Heechul asked with a frown and curiosity.

“Have with a coworker?” he pointed out. “We are a team and coworkers, right?” he looked towards Kyuhyun.

The auburn haired was slightly surprised. He had seen and heard the teasing between the members, mostly moments initiated by Heechul, but he never gave things a proper serious thought. Somewhat, the question was making him aware of the fact that Moon was right behind him and he had almost fallen over her while outside which was pretty embarrassing. Despite the awareness that something close to intimacy had happened between him and her, it was a serious question that he felt he had to answer.

“The rules we received don’t mention it.” he looked towards Hyukjae to get his approval.

“Wonderful.” Heechul agreed. “Now I just have to figure out where in the house we can do it.” he told Siwon.

“Ewww...” Donghae let out.

“What? Have a problem with two guys having ?” Heechul hissed towards the brown haired.

“No. I have a problem with imagining and spit over places I’d probably touch, use, sleep or eat. Hygiene is important. in private.”

Donghae’s reply was said on a much more serious note. Even his voice was much more stable and stern, his eyes looking straight towards Heechul, no more sign of wavering, fear or of the fidgety childish Donghae. With his stern facial expression and a fixed body position, for the first time since they met him, the man looked rather scary. It was scary because they were used to a disorganized chaotic Donghae and not one that looked as if he couldn’t smile even if his life depended on it. Heechul was surprised. He had thought Donghae kept avoiding and running away from him because he was somewhat homophobic or something but the looks on Donghae’s face was now saying otherwise.

Siwon and Kyuhyun were kind of frozen in place, taken aback by how serious Donghae looked and sounded. They couldn’t stop themselves from blinking quickly, not sure how to react. Moon didn’t care, she was too busy making sure the program she had settled was working properly so that she could archive all the needed information. Hyukjae on the other hand, he was slightly in awe. Donghae had been childish when he showed him the photos but looked charming and focused when he created those fake documents. Then he went back to being scared and boyish when they set the plan for the mission, almost hysteric when it was close to happen and then too excited after it ended. But now, now was the first time Donghae looked... charismatic. As if anyone could confide in him about anything because he was sure to help anyone needed. There was just too much contrast to his personality.

“Did I say something wrong, Hyukkie?” Donghae quickly turned to look at the black haired, lips pursed together, pout on his lips, innocent look in his eyes again.

“Are you bipolar?” Hyukjae found himself asking.

“Huh?” Donghae tilted his head to the side, not so sure what that meant.

Hyukjae had been prepared to talk on the matter and explain to the brown haired what it had been about, glancing towards Kyuhyun for some help, desperately asking for it with his eyes. The auburn haired shrugged, avoiding eye contact because he was not really sure what he could possibly say, not when it came to a pretty serious question that had not perfect answer.

“Incoming call!” Moon announced, saving everyone in the room from having to answer that particular question.

They raised their heads and looked towards the screen above the head of the table, Donghae leaning back on his chair so that he could check who was calling. The only person that could possibly call them was Leeteuk and it had taken only a few seconds for his face to appear on the screen. Donghae almost fell down but quickly found stability again and paid attention.

“Hello!” Leeteuk smiled towards them. “I read the reports sent.” He mentioned. “Awesome job done.” He complimented them.

“The part where I had or where Heenim didn’t?” Siwon grinned, glancing towards Heechul to make fun of him a bit.

“How about the part where you kiss my ? It didn’t not happen yet but consider it a spoiler.” Heechul glared back at Siwon.

Kyuhyun groaned. First it was him, then it was Hyukjae and now it seemed to have moved on to Heechul. Maybe Siwon did have a plan to pick on absolutely everyone but this was not the time to deal with that because something more important had to be going on since Leeteuk called. Still, he very much loved how Heechul replied to him, thinking that the image of that happening would have both insult Siwon and please Heechul.

“Is this a bad time?” Leeteuk questioned, the sound of him tapping his fingers against the desk coming from the other side.

“Not at all. Do tell what’s up.” Kyuhyun took another slurp of his food.

“I’ll need you to take on another assignment. This one seems pretty much done so surely you’d have time to check all the needed information for the next one.” Leeteuk looked down for a bit, his hands seemingly typing somethin

Please log in to read the full chapter