VI. MOLDING TOGETHER

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6.  Molding together

 

Awe. That was the only word that could describe how the two police officers looked at the documents Donghae had cooked up. In awe. They were turning and turning the ID card that was supposed to be fake and yet they couldn’t pinpoint one thing that looked fake. It was slightly terrifying and it made both of them concerned because if it. If a high amount of fake documents of that quality where to be spread through the city or the country, then they were going to have a really serious problem. Still, it was amazing. Donghae had made sure to ask Siwon about the name he had used to introduce himself to the lady and then proceeded to make a full set of documents for that character as well, just in case.

“Well?” Donghae asked them, waiting patiently for some sort of feedback.

He was slightly nervous. Everyone had showed interest in what he had done, including Moon that temporarily abandoned her post to look at them. The documents he had made had moved from one hand to the other and each reaction had made him confused. Was it good or was it bad?

“You’ll do them for my cover too, right?” Heechul moved next to Donghae tilting his head to make eye contact.

“Is it good? Yeah. I will.” Donghae was quick to ask and answer, his right hand reaching for the hand of the eldest, needing some reassurance.

“I am not sure how to feel about this.” Kyuhyun mentioned as he kept the fake birth certificate in his hands.

“This is amazing, Hae.” Hyukjae complimented, looking with big eyes towards the light brown haired. “I honestly can’t tell the difference.” He added, his hands continuously picking up new documents and then placing them back.

“Uhm... guys....” Moon spoke from back at her desk. “How come this guy exists?” she asked, preparing to pull up the records on the guy.

Kyuhyun raised the ID and then checked the information on the paper with the one online. The one online seemed to have no driver’s license or any other identification but there were records of birth, going to school up until high school but still. It made everyone look in confusion towards Donghae because they had been sure he had checked the name to see if it exists or not. Instead of being worried, Donghae was grinning from one ear to the other.

“What’s going on?” Siwon finally asked, since the document in question was of his fake identity.

“When I heard the name Siwon gave, I realized I had a full name created. So I pulled the details up and added them to his face.” Donghae explained.

“So this person exists but...he doesn’t?” Heechul frowned, confused.

“Ah....” Moon seemed to have understood, her head nodding a bit. “You ‘grew’ the person.” She looked towards Donghae.

“It’s a common practice. Create a person from scratch. Register a birth certificate, school till a certain point and then avoid all serious documents. When the right person arrives, just use that face with the information and done. If anyone checks for the person online, they have the records that the person really exists and the face from the fake ID. I wanted to buy the full deal once but it was too dangerous so I went for a half pack.” He explained with a grin.

“Hold on. You’re telling me there are people that hold names of people that exist in the system but people that do not exist in real life?” Hyukjae was even more amazed.

“Yes. That’s more used for identity theft or serious frauds so I had no need for them. I searched for packages of names that had the life of a high school drop out that stayed off grid.” Donghae confirmed.

“This is amazing.” Siwon grinned. “So this person exists in records but it can be however we want him to be.” He spoke as he picked up his fake ID card again.

“Well, not really.” Donghae denied.” The problem with identities that have full or have records is that once used, no one else can use the same one again. I mean... they can fake the ID cards with a new face but that would be the same as me using Hyukjae’s information with my face on it.”

“Usually the grown identities are registered in the system. To make these identities real, I need to register the ID cards online. Once I do that, those ID cards become real.” Moon mostly mumbled, her fingers preparing to enter the proper systems if they decided to become the fake identity.

“Yes. It usually takes one to make the information and one in the system to legalize them. I only have the information but if Moon can access the systems, I can make them real.” Donghae looked at them with excitement.

He had never gone all the way to make a fake identity. He had bought a pack of identities that were easy to mess with and create ID’s but he had never gone to the point of registering the ID’s or sending one real person to give the proof and get themselves the full advantages of the society.

“So this birth certificate is real?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“Yes. Though the person does not exist. I made the ID card taking into consideration the passing of time but it is not official registered.” Donghae continued to explain.

Was it really that hard to understand or was he doing a bad job at explaining? There were plenty of people that registered names as real people and then put them into school, gave them a job, brought them a house. Yes, that took a lot of time and a lot of money so it was often passed from one generation to another and used mostly when people wanted to live a new life entirely but it should not have been that hard to imagine that there were people out there that were born, raised and yet didn’t have ID cards  or didn’t keep documents that needed a face because they didn’t actually exist. Once an identity like this was created, a full one needed to have constant purchases and instances while a half grown one needed some twigs here and there but it happened. Heck, there were some that were experts at it. He had bought a package once just in case he needed it and took it out just in case they needed but if they didn’t, he was more than alright to just make ID cards and that was it.

“What are the disadvantages of a fake real identity?” Kyuhyun turned towards Moon, expecting her to answer since she seemed to be familiar with the process of giving a face to a fake existing identity.

“Well, if they suspect you, then they have your face on records. If they search harder, they will find two people with the same face but different names. For Horse it can’t be helped but if there is some disguising going on then it could work better.” Moon looked towards Donghae as she spoke, waiting for him to confirm or deny what she was saying.

“That’s true. Then maybe we shouldn’t put any of them in the system.” Donghae agreed with what she said. “If this is only to be used once, I would also prefer to register them only if they will be used on the long term.”

Donghae had no idea how exactly they planned to go about. He could make new ID’s with names that existed or not in the system to be used only once but he had to tell them they could have an identity to use for a longer period of time. He didn’t know how things were going to work out so the decision was ultimately Kyuhyun’s as he was the leader.

“Then let’s not register them. It would be bad if anything can hint to a face that can be recognized.” Kyuhyun spoke after thinking for a while. “Facial recognition software are really good nowadays.”

“Alright. Are they good to go?”Donghae asked, picking up the documents that were not going to be needed and that were important if one day he had anyone that needed to change identities entirely.

“They are perfect. You are a genius at this.” Kyuhyun showed him a thumbs up.

“These things all look real. I think we need to strike a deal with him to find out the big fish in the forging industry.” Hyukjae looked towards Kyuhyun.

“Huh?” Donghae was confused. “I was the Fish right?” he looked around, obvious to what Hyukjae really meant to say.

“Not the Fish you. The leads ... the big bosses of the industry. The ones with full grown fake identities.” Hyukjae explained.

“Never mind that.” Heechul dismissed the topic. “You need a photo of me in drag right?” he wrapped an arm around Donghae’s neck. “I’m ready whenever you are.” He winked towards him.

“Heenim can go and get ready. Again.” Kyuhyun gave them approval.

Heechul giggled in happiness and then ran back to the room to change again. He was not even sure why in the world did he remove the make-up, wigs and clothes he had used before. If he had kept them on for an hour more, then he could have just taken the photos then. But it was no bother. He did it first in one hour so now it was going to take less.

“He is another genius.” Hyukjae grinned.

When Heechul had escaped to take care of his problem, Siwon had not seen him all dressed up so it was going to be his first time witnessing the wonders of make-up and women clothing. Those that had been there were not going to be shocked but it seemed fair to give Siwon a warning so that he wouldn’t be too taken aback.

“I’d say they are all.” Kyuhyun grinned as well. “So.... tomorrow the office and schedule. Heechul gets the ID card. Are you ready?” he turned to ask Moon.

“I am ready whenever you guys are. When are we getting down to business?” she let out a sigh.

“Tomorrow. Once we have the schedule from Siwon, Heechul is to get the ID Card and USB. Donghae and Hyukjae will have to be on standby.” Kyuhyun looked towards them, hoping he would not see any sort of refusal from the others.

“What if Siwon doesn’t get the schedule tomorrow? Or if he does and yet we can’t act tomorrow?” Hyukjae enquired, having a valid question.

‘I’ll get the schedule.” Siwon glared towards Hyukjae, sounding and looking extremely insulted by them even thinking he wouldn’t succeed.

“We still might not have the appropriate time frame to act.” Hyukjae frowned, not liking how Siwon was looking

Please log in to read the full chapter