VII. PLEASE LET THIS WORK

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7. Please let this work

 

Leaving aside the fact that he couldn’t really look in Moon’s direction, mostly because he had the feeling she would snicker and laugh at him upon remembering how he looked the previous night, everything else had gone pretty smooth. Donghae had laid out everything needed on the conference table and was now fidgeting around fearing he would have to actually go to the company and cause a scene. Siwon had an early appointment with his new conquest and had managed to sneak himself in the office and send them photos of the written schedule. He had received a phone from Hyukjae before he left since Kyuhyun had been passed out in front of a laptop, downstairs. Actually, almost all of them received a phone since Moon was not allowed to carry any digital devices with her. But all that aside, by the time Kyuhyun had sneaked away to the bathroom and got dressed up, pretty much everything was set in motion. Siwon couldn’t just disappear after getting hold of the schedule so he stayed with the woman doing whatever he did.

Thankfully, Heechul now could approach the man and steal his USB and entrance card and Moon could work on getting the content of his phone and that just left Donghae and Hyukjae ready to move. They had not received a car to use but Heechul had been more than happy to pull a few strings and remember some of his contacts of all the favors he had done them. If you asked Kyuhyun, the favors were of ual nature but there was no proper time, ever, to enquire more on the matter and find out if he was right. Never. That was something no one needed to know. Since Donghae was supposed to cause a commotion and faint, Hyukjae had to be the one driving and then go to the hospital to pick up the fainted fish.

Now they were really going down to business. As Moon fixed the small earpiece inside Heechul’s ear so that they could communicate at all times, Kyuhyun took a deep breath, knowing he had to relax and remember absolutely everything he had learned during his time at the NIS and from the time he had spent with the Police Force. He had to think properly about everything, to be pragmatic and cold thinking because the moment Heechul made contact with the target, things were getting serious. Siwon did something he always did with risks that had always been present but Heechul was going to steal personal items of a guy that dealt with weapon trafficking and that changed things.

One miss and someone could have ended up dead so Kyuhyun couldn’t afford any distraction. It didn’t matter that he looked like a complete loser the previous night or that Siwon was trying to pick a fight with a whole lot of people from the team. It didn’t matter that Heechul simply thought everything was just fun and nothing else, nor that Donghae had never engaged in such dangerous activities. Everything had to work and it had to work perfectly so that all of them could return to the house and cook something at the small stove he had brought during the hours he had spent online to not think about him being a loser. He was going to have to make serious decisions from the very moment Heechul reached the restaurant where they knew the target would be. Keeping his head down and eyes closed, he used a breathing technique he had learned to keep calm.

“It will be fine.” Moon spoke from next to him, showing him the earpiece he was supposed to wear so that he could directly communicate with any team member.

He was surprised to be approached by her so his head just snapped in the direction of the voice, his eyes showing the confusion happening inside his head. The usually rest faced Moon that only cared about her computers and could have laughed herself to death because of him was standing next to him with her hand stretched out, a gentle smile on her face, her hair tied up behind as if she was the most innocent, sweetest person there.

“If Heenim has the confidence to pull it off, it means he can pull it off.” She explained since Kyuhyun still looked at her confused. “Look at him...” she added, turning her head towards the men disguised as a woman.

Kyuhyun followed and looked in that direction too. Three men were there, one fidgeting and sweating to the point his face turned ghost white, another trying to comfort the first one while talking to the third one and not forgetting what he learned all at the same time and the last one, the man in question, simply casually glancing into a hand mirror, more concerned about his make-up that anything else.

“He is a professional pickpocket. He knows he can do it.” she added, now moving closer to Kyuhyun since he didn’t seem to even think to pick up the earpiece so that she could finally lower her hand.

Taking the matter in her own hands, she began fixing the earpiece, forcing Kyuhyun to stand up properly and look at her. He knew that she was right. For Heechul it was just another day, another person he stole from and nothing else. If anything, he had to be more worried about Donghae. It was enough to look once at Donghae and he could tell that the man was terrified. As it had been recommended, he had eaten a bit of chalk and was waiting for it to kick in but all he got so far was a stomach ache and that was not helping him focus.

“Yup. He could use a pep talk.” Moon nodded her head, moving to sit down at the computer to check if the device was working.

Agreeing, Kyuhyun moved from the desk and walked towards Donghae. He bent low and looked up to check the Fish’s expression. Hyukjae stepped to the side, to give their leader more space and quickly ran towards Moon’s desk to make sure he had not messed up the steps he had to take once inside the office.

“Listen, Donghae....” Kyuhyun began again. “Hyung...” he smiled a bit.

Donghae had flinched, surprised to hear that the other was calling him that. He had not actually taken the time to ask how old everyone us. He simply knew that Hyukjae and him were of the same age, the latter a tad older than him and was easy to guess that Siwon was about the same age since he was talking informal to them but Kyuhyun had taken him by surprise. Not that he meant that Kyuhyun looked older than him but there was this charisma and confidence about him that had Donghae thinking that maybe he was older.

“All you have to do is ask to go to that floor and ask for HR and then when they say it’s not the right office, to start telling them about the CV you sent and ask why they didn’t call and then faint.” Kyuhyun went with Donghae through the plan making sure to keep eye contact.

“And how exactly do I faint?” Donghae asked, biting into his lower lip, gulping really hard since he was afraid he would screw up that part.

If he didn’t get the entire office to focus on him fainting down so that Hyukjae would have enough time to use the computer, then they could both get busted or Hyukjae would be found right in front of the computer and then they would both have their pictures spread around and a target painted on their backs so yeah, he was worried.

“Hyung... at how scared you are now.... you’ll definitely faint.” Kyuhyun chuckled, standing up again and patting Donghae on the shoulder.

Kyuhyun had managed to make Donghae smile and even grin this time and while his words of comfort were usually extremely lousy this time it seemed to have worked like a charm. An annoying white noise filled his ear and that made him snap his head towards Moon and glared at her since she was the one ensuring the communication. She so casually ignored the glares Kyuhyun was sending her that she didn’t even look at him as she moved to give Donghae and Hyukjae their own earpiece.

“Alright.” Kyuhyun snapped his neck a little to each side and then moved back to the desk, mentally prepared.

“Don’t wait for me, kids.” Heechul announced as he walked towards the exit. “Momma’s going to stay out late and bring home gifts.” He laughed hysterically as he opened the door.

“Please tell me he wasn’t trying to speak in code.” Moon groaned as she rolled her eyes and made sure that all connections were stable.

“Let’s all eat pizza tonight.” Kyuhyun told each of them as they left.

Telling them to be safe didn’t seem like a good idea. Telling them not to get hurt also didn’t seem like a good one because it felt like it could be a bad omen. Anything and by that he really meant anything mission related wish made him think of bad omens so instead he just told them to have pizza tonight. If they all had pizza tonight, it meant all of them had returned uninjured. It was also going to mean that they didn’t up anything because if they would up anything pizza would be the last option for dinner.

It took half an hour for them to reach the restaurant. Donghae and Hyukjae had to wait inside the car while Heechul did his thing. Taking one final look in a mirror, the oldest one got out of the car and then began walking towards the restaurant. Back at the house, Moon had pulled up CCTV image of the entrance towards the restaurant to see when he goes in. Moon was busy using the wifi so that she could connect to the phone. The worst part of it was that the spyware was going to enter every phone and then she had to filter through them to identify the one they cared about.

“I’m in position. Though I’d prefer another position.” Heechul spoke as he entered the restaurant, scanning the surrounding.

“What position?” Kyuhyun asked, confused.

“The target looks more handsome in real life.” He commented, decided to go straight for the kill.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and then chuckled, amazed at how confident Heechul was. He was starting to think that the two, Heechul and Siwon, were geniuses when it came to people they were ually attracted to, Kyuhyun was not going to judge their taste. Each with their own, rich women, dangerous dudes, it made no difference to him.

They could hear what Heechul was saying and everyone else that was really close because of the microphone she had made sure to install in the stone of the handbag so they were not worried. Not yet. Moon had explained that she didn’t’ want to leave any digital crumb so she’d prefer not entering into the restaurant security system and Kyuhyun had agreed so they had no eyes inside. Judging by how Heechul had gotten himself invited at the same table.

“Someone make your way to the bathroom. I have the items.” Heechul spoke loud and clear, moving towards the bathroom.

“Got it.” Kyuhyun confirmed the information. “Monkey... find a backdoor and head to the bathroom.” He then instructed.

“On my way.” Hyukjae spoke next, glancing towards Donghae to signal him to wait in the car.

As Hyukjae ran towards the back door, finding the timing of a waiter throwing the garbage outside perfect so that he could get inside. Hyukjae walked as he squatted down, making sure to avoid being seen. He first entered the men bathroom and looked around but there was no one inside. He almost face palmed as he recalled Heechul had been in women clothing and therefore most probably entered the women bathroom.

“Heenim, I’m right outside the door.” Hyukjae spoke with his eyes closed, praying to God that no one would walk past him and decide to tell the restaurant supervisor that a weird fellow was lurking around the women bathroom.

The door to the bathroom opened and Heechul walked right past Hyukjae, only slightly glancing towards him. For a few seconds  the black haired simply frowned, wondering if he had been ignored on purpose or if something but then remembered that the man was really quick with his fingers so he checked his pockets. He smiled brightly as he noticed that there was something new in his pocket and quickly headed for the back door again.

“Got the package. How much time do we have?” he asked Kyuhyun, rushing towards the car.

“Heenim... can you keep him there an hour?” Kyuhyun was quick to ask.

“Can I sleep with him?” the reply came quickly.

Back in the car, drinking some water to calm himself down, Donghae had spilled the liquid all over his suit as he heard that. While they all could hear each other it made sense to wait for Kyuhyun’s directions before doing anything else. While Heechul was busy getting all touchy with the men, Hyukjae was laughing his off as he was running back to the car. Donghae was now busy trying to dry up his pants.

“Only as last resort and only if we need more than an hour and only...” Kyuhyun took a deep breath. “Only if you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want to.” He pointed out, having already given up on Heechul.

The last mission related thing Kyuhyun heard from Heechul was an okay before engaging once again in a conversation that made the listeners want to puke. Turning towards Moon, Kyuhyun begged her to disconnect him from Heechul so that he wouldn’t have to listen to whatever came out of their mouths. Despite being reluctant, Moon agreed and made sure to keep those conversations only for herself until something relevant popped up.

“Okay... let’s go.” Hyukjae got inside the car, starting the engine.

“Uhm... yeah....” Donghae fumbled in his place, still cleaning his lap.

Hyukjae glanced towards Donghae, wondering what the hell he was doing with his hands around his pants. He blocked for a few seconds as he realized Donghae was trying to wipe off his pants right at the crotch area. The movement was quite ual and for a few seconds he found himself staring but he had to drive as fast as possible towards the building and enter it without getting noticed. He ac

Please log in to read the full chapter