IV. LITTLE BY LITTLE

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4. Little by little

 

He stretched his body and then let out a deep yawn. He was still sleepy. He had been up until around 4 o’clock, printing and arranging the information they had received so that it would be easier to understand what everyone had to do. He had already figured out a few steps that were needed to be taken but he had to find out more from the people themselves related to what they can do and cannot do. Tilting his head from one side to the other, he tried to do some basic relaxation exercises so that he would function at the fullest. Standing up on his bottom, he looked around and then blinked in surprise when he realized that there was no one on the floor. Checking the watch, it was only 6:30 and there was still about half an hour left before he set the alarm so that he would wake up and then prepare for briefing.  Confused and partially worried, he looked around for a shirt and removed the one he was wearing so that he could put on the new one. Since he had to sleep next to the one girl in the team, he had been careful to not remove his jeans until he got inside the blankets and now he had to put them on again. Jumping around to raise his jeans and then button them up, he brushed his hand through his hair to arrange it a little and then headed downstairs. He was drowsy and he wished he could get that half on hour more of sleep. He didn’t know why he woke up even before his alarm but now that he did and he saw that there was no one upstairs, he kind of wished he would have woken up early.

Reaching downstairs, he stopped in close proximity of the tech desk and watched confused the scene in front of him. Hyukjae was drinking coffee while standing behind Donghae, Siwon and Heechul were seated next to each other going through some papers while Ji-Yeon was busy tapping and tapping on the keyboard again and again. On the conference table, there were files over files, the same files he had printed. Several already empty coffee cups and a plastic plate with leftover burgers.

“’Morning.” Everyone spoke at the same time, raising their hands to greet Kyuhyun, only those that could see him straight ahead glancing towards him. “You have a burger and coke set aside if you are hungry.” Hyukjae added.

“What are you doing so early?” Kyuhyun questioned, moving towards Ji-Yeon, mostly concerned about what she was doing without being watched.

“I woke up and saw all the papers. Luck had it Donghae had woken up as well to go to the bathroom so we just decided to wake up everyone and ask them if they want to catch up on the information.” Hyukjae smiled brightly.

“Working late until the morning without us ... it kind of makes us look bad.” Siwon turned around, placing his arm around the seat of the chair.

“I agree. Don’t make only yourself look good.” Heechul grinned.

“We’ve been reading information on the case. Moon has already figured out the building schematics.” Donghae told Kyuhyun, looking through a bunch of pictures though no one was sure why.

“I have company, home, first degree friends and mistress place under my fingertips.” She finally stopped tapping and turned towards the leader.

“You guys...” Kyuhyun grinned. “...so much love is in the air.” He teased with a smirk, moving to pick up his burger, checking inside the bag to see if there were any fries as well.

“So what’s the plan?” Hyukjae sipped on his coffee and leaned against the table, looking at the dark auburn haired.

“Well....” he stopped munching on the burger and then looked towards them.

“Hae...” Hyukjae tapped Donghae on the back, snapping him out of his little world so that he would focus on what the other was saying.

Everyone dropped what they were doing and then raised their heads, looking towards Kyuhyun. It made him feel pretty weird. He had worked in teams before and he had led some of them in the NIS but somehow it felt like something completely different. Those were not people that were ready to use sniper guns, throw grenades and then jump off a cliff and hang on to the rail of a helicopter. They were normal people, without guns. Sure, he had guns in storage but he had been advised to only keep one for himself and one for Hyukjae for as long as possible.

“We need to find out his schedule. He is married so I figured Siwon could easily get inside the house and find the working schedule. Once we have that, Heechul can trace his location, get his phone, clone it or put spyware on it. Once we know where he is, who he talks to, we enter his work office and get into his computer. We get all the information on the computer about potential gun trafficking and then track them to the building. Once we have visual, we inform Leeteuk and done.” Kyuhyun put out his plan, something he had thought about the previous night as he was going through information.

“It’s not that easy....” Moon interrupted, though she didn’t seem all that enthusiastic about it.

“Why not?” Heechul asked.

For their ears, the plan seemed to be pretty easy. Siwon had the skills to get the woman, Heechul to get the objects and entering the building was going to be easy if Donghae provided the ID cards. As long as no one ed up along the way, there was no reason to worry.

“Every computer or electronic device of any kind, keeps a register. For complete access to his phone, yeah, we need spyware. But if we do it once, any digital crumbs left would point out to that one intrusion. Same for the computer.” She pointed out.

“So if we connect an unknown device only once, it will show up.” Hyukjae thought he somewhat understood.

“Exactly.” She smiled a bit more now. “If we put in spyware via email, call, app, it will leave a trace. We need to find him in a spot he regularly goes with WI-FI and get inside his phone through it.” she noted.

“So it’s pointless to steal the phone?” Heechul questioned.

“It’s better to steal his entrance card in the office. What I got seems to how password and card access to his office. We need that ID card.” Moon pointed out.

“It will take time to forge the card.  Moon can help but even then it would take at least half an hour.” Donghae spoke, looking a bit more worried now.

“So Heechul would have to steal it, pass it on to Donghae and then stall the man for at least half an hour.” Kyuhyun looked to the side, wriggling his nose, not happy with his discovery.

“And an UBS.” Moon added.

“Why?” Heechul asked again, wanting to understand what he needed to do exactly.

“If we spyware through his own USB, it won’t lead back to us.” Moon assured.

“How to we put the spyware on it?” Kyuhyun looked at her, finishing another big bite of his burger.

“You’ll have to type it.”

Everyone looked at her with eyes wide open and seemed slightly afraid. None of them had ever written a code so learning one and then typing it exactly was not going to be of any help. Even with her in their head set, talking any of them through the process, it was going to take time.

“I assume Monkey will be on the field, right? I can teach him. One on one.” Moon shrugged, leaning comfortably in her seat.

“Alright. Siwon ...” Kyuhyun began again. “You’ll get into the house and desk to get his working schedule. Heechul will steal his pass to the office. Hyukjae, learn the code and make sure you can type it on the computer.” Kyuhyun told anyone.

“I don’t get it.” Donghae spoke “If Hyukjae can tap the code on the computer, why do we need the USB?”

Please log in to read the full chapter