XI. MORE INFORMATION

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 11. More information

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he got up and looked towards the others. Donghae was sleeping on his belly, his head covered in papers, partially drooling over some of them. Hyukjae was in a love affair with the files because they were trapped between his legs and he was holding a few tightly between his arms. The resident Diva seemed to have fallen victim to the testimonies because his bed was half covered in papers and half in post-its and highlighters and he looked dangerous close to falling out of bed any time soon now. Siwon’s bed looked the cleanest on that side, his papers on the ground, stacked in categories while he slept without any worries on a very arranged bed. He wasn’t supposed to actually look towards the only girl and see how she was sleeping, but curiosity got the best out of him.

He chuckled, amused to realize that she had the weirdest sleeping position of them all. Her bed looked like she had been in a fight all night long, her hoodie covering her hair and face, the pillow down on the ground and the bed sheet wrapped around her body in such a strange way that Kyuhyun was pretty sure she’d even have trouble getting up from the bed not to mention attempt to remove the sheet. It looked like everyone had been tired and had fallen asleep after working. He had gone upstairs to read some of the testimonies and two by two, the others arrived as well. He was pretty sure that Moon had gone to sleep last, wanting to categorize properly all the information they had gathered in both cases.

Deciding to let all of them sleep for a bit more, he went to the bathroom and showered. He mentally cursed upon realizing he left his clothing in the bedroom and therefore began a mission of his own, one in which he had to arrive next to his bed and pick up some clothes without waking anyone up. A James Bond soundtrack would have suited the moment very well because he was dodging behind pillars, one at a time. Reaching his bed, he turned towards the shelves that were put there and tried to slide one of his shirts out. Hearing some movement, he freaked out and then quickly pulled out the rest of the clothes he needed and then, running out of time, he snatched a small bag and then ran back inside the bathroom. On his way inside the bathroom, he ended up slamming the door a bit.

A few seconds after the bathroom door closed, Moon got up on her bottom and looked around. Her face was puffy and her hair was covering most of her face, even the top of the hoodie obstructing her view but even through that, upon not seeing anyone up, her body fell back on the bed, twitching a bit as she fell back to sleep. Inside the bathroom, Kyuhyun cursed at himself and hope he had not woken them up. Now that he thought about it, he could have just taken his time and take whatever was needed so why did he behave as if he was not supposed to be seen? No wonder she laughed at him when he went downstairs to search for her that night. He was ridiculous indeed.

Getting dressed up, he tried his best not to make any noise as he returned back to the common bedroom. He put his bag full of underwear back where it belonged and then walked down in slow motion downstairs. It felt only right to order some food for them since they had worked really hard the previous night, probably the hardest they worked so far. He cursed again, mentally this time, when the doorbell rang and hoped it had not been loud enough to wake them up. Taking the food inside, he cleared the table and then placed the food that he had ordered on it, even arranging the needed chopsticks. As he finished doing that, he smiled to himself. He was indeed the youngest of the males and Moon was working too much, therefore doing something like this made him feel like a proper youngster that took care of those older than him.

Walking back upstairs, he thought about it for a second and then moved towards Donghae, planning to wake him up gently. It looked like the brown haired was having a bad dream because he flinched and then let out a really high scream. One after another, the others woke up, panicking, surprised to have heard the scream and looking around them with a sense of urgency. Although they were still half asleep, their eyes were opened wide as they looked to see why someone was shouting. Heechul, cursed a bit as he got up, and upon realizing it had just been a misunderstanding, no one dying in the process, he cursed again at them. Like a ghost waking up from her slumber, Moon bolted up on her bottom again, her body swaying a bit to the sides since she was not conscious yet.

“Sorry. Sorry.” Kyuhyun apologized, surprised himself at how scared Donghae had been. He had simply patted the brown haired on the back and yet Donghae reacted as if someone was out to kill him.

“Sorry....” Donghae mumbled as well, yawning in the process. “I had a really bad dream.” He continued to mumble, trying hard to keep his eyes open.

“It better have been about someone trying to kill you otherwise I’ll kill you.” Heechul groaned, getting out of bed and kicking through the objects on his bed, annoyed to have been woken up in such a grotesque manner.

“It was.” Donghae pouted, scratching the back of his head. “Hyukkie...” he turned towards the black haired. “I dreamed some guy was trying to turn me into a doll.” He pouted even more, his body turning to the side looking for someone to comfort him.

“I think it’s because of the case. I dreamt something nasty too.” Hyukjae nodded his head, preparing to wake up as well.

“Softies.” Siwon groaned, stretching his body.

“Sorry. I just wanted to tell you I got us food. Whenever you are ready.” Kyuhyun apologized again, standing up and getting ready to give them some space.

“Whatever....” the guy groaned, half massaging their faces to wake up while the other half was yawning and stretching their bodies.

Kyuhyun stood up and then turned towards the staircase and his eyes landed then on a figure that was sitting on the bed. This time he had been surprised and let out a small shout, his hands curling and his feet stomping. The guys panicked again and moved towards the end of the bed, leaning towards the rail of the stairs, wondering what was going on. With her face half covered by her hoodie and hair, Moon finally raised her head a bit and turned it in the direction of the scream.

“Is she a zombie or something?” Heechul asked, for the first time his accent obvious.

Although they were supposed to answer the question, the guys looked towards the grey haired, surprised to realize he was speaking in dialect. They had thought the eldest was from Seoul but it turned out he was not and while it was not exactly a surprising thing, he did sounded funny when talking.

“What? I was born in Gangwon-do.” He muttered at them. “Hoengseong, Gangwan-do. Problem?” he snapped at them.

“No.” all four men replied, shaking their heads almost robotically.

“Moon?” Kyuhyun turned his attention back to her. “Are you awake or sleepwalking? talking? Or... sleepstanding?” he tried, not really sure how he was supposed to describe how she felt to him since she was just standing up, only her body awake while her mind seemed to be still asleep.

“Did you say food?” she tilted her head to the side, more hair falling across her face.

“She looks like a ghost.” Heechul concluded, his accent obvious again.

“Yes. Food. You can sleep more. I know you went to sleep last.” Kyuhyun told her.

“I’m hungry.” She quickly refused the idea.

Kyuhyun expected her to get up and try to undo the sheet she had wrapped around herself but instead she laid back down on her back and then rolled to the sides, twice to the right and once to the left and the sheet just came undone. It was like magic if you asked him. At the same time, the guys got up and checked themselves to make sure nothing looked off. They were hungry as well and it really sounded like a good idea to first eat and then shower.

Moving downstairs in a row, like little ducklings, they reached the ground floor and sat themselves down at the table. Kyuhyun felt a bit bad for being the only one that got to shower but he did sacrifice an hour of sleep for it so it seemed even. They all dag in the food, moans escaping all of their mouths as it tasted really good. Moon seemed to be on automatic mode, eating without opening her eyes and it kept bothering Kyuhyun since she was sure she was going to end up eating her hair as well. Moving his hand towards her, he pulled her hoodie down and then pondered on whether to help fix her hair as well.

He was surprised once again as she leaned her head towards him, as if giving him approval to try and arrange the mess her hair turned over night. Seeing that, Siwon tapped Heechul’s thigh and then signaled towards the two. The scene was perhaps supposed to look like a boyfriend taking care of his girl’s hair but instead it looked like a father was making sure his kid looked somewhat proper. In the end, Heechul ended up laughing and only then Kyuhyun came to his senses and removed his hand. As if nothing had happened, Moon returned to her normal position and then began eating again. Once they finished eating, two of the guys went upstairs to shower. Moon was still eating and she and Donghae seemed to be in their own little world, filming a romco with the food. Since Kyuhyun had showered and changed and he did have love for food, he remained put as well. Once Siwon returned downstairs with his files, Hyukjae who had been cleaning the table until then finally went upstairs as well. By the time all of the man had showered, Moon was the only one left that was still picking bits of food from here and there as she cleaned whatever else remained on the table. They had all brought their files with them and seemed ready to start working.

“You don’t need me, right?” Moon looked towards Kyuhyun.

“Uhm. Take your time showering.” He replied.

There wasn’t anything else he could tell her since they had to go through the testimonies and then prepared to go find their targets. She didn’t have anything to do just yet and her sleepy puffed face did make her look as if she was glaring at him so that was the only answer he could give her. Still, her puffy face didn’t make her look bad at all. I

Please log in to read the full chapter