XIX. EVEN MORE

The KISS Unit
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 19. Even more

 

He had to be dumb. He had behaved like a teenage boy who had never seen a woman and even needed to use the bathroom after helping her put the bandage on since he had gotten a bit excited. Why was he excited in the first place? He had no idea. He had seen plenty of woman , even in front of him, and had quite enough for his age so it didn’t make sense to have his heart racing while changing a bandage and seeing part of her s. Still, it had happened and he did use the bathroom soon after and he did feel much more refreshed after using some cold water. He simply had to try and behave as if he was not one bit confused about what was happening inside of his head. It was working for them most part because he had managed to not raise any suspicions as they prepared for lunch and then for dinner. All of them were outside, now in proper clothing, setting the barbeque so that they could prepare for dinner. Lunch had gone by pretty uneventful and without any games. Moon didn’t want to feel useless so she was siting down on the table they took out from the camping car, chopping some of the vegetables they wre going to have to fry together with the meat.

“Let play a game!” Heechul shouted at them, bored out of his mind.

“What game can we play while cooking?” Hyukjae questioned, busy cutting the meat they were going to place on the barbeque grill.

“We can play never ever.” Donghae suggested, struggling with figuring out how to turn on the grill.

“What were the rules for it again?” Heechul searched inside his pockets. “Do we say things we’ve never done and who did them puts a finger down or do we say things we have done and who didn’t puts a finger down?” he wondered, looking rally serious as he asked the others.

“You put the finger down if you did them. If you say something you also did you have to put a finger down as well.” Siwon shook his head at them, wondering why in the world where they even suggesting a game they didn’t really understand all that much.

“Then let’s play that!” Heechul pouted at them again, starting to sound really desperate with his need to have fun.

“I need all my fingers.” Moon grinned knowing that she was going to make Heechul slightly mad upon hearing that.

“Aish....” Heechul almost cursed. “I’ll use two hands, one for you.” He snapped at her, obviously displeased about things not going the way he wanted.

“Let’s just wait until some of the meat is grilled so we can all sit down and play comfortably.” Kyuhyun let out a sigh.

“Fine...” Heechul agreed, plopping himself down on a chair.

It was weird that he had to behave like the leader even during an MT. It was like he was back in high school or in his first year of college ewhere kids still needed someone to make the final decision otherwise they were going to go around and around the subject without being able to make a decision. Still, it was good that they listened whenever he said they should do something in a certain way. It could have gone so wrong if they reacted negatively to his suggestions. Kyuhyun did not want to call them orders because orders did not seem bifiting of an MT. It took almost an hour for the table to actually be filled with food and by that time Heechul was looking like a kid that got his toys stolen from him and then even got kicked out of the playground.

“Let’s play, hyung.” Donghae nudged the eldest of the lot, putting the last plate of meat on the table.

“Can we?!”

Heechul was an interesting fellow. If they would not have known better, they could have believed that the man had multiple personalities or something. He got ticked off at some things and extremely happy at other things, sometimes looking like a little kid and behaving 100% like one, at other times being really serious or making related jokes, looking and sounding like a erted man in his 30s. It was hard to predict when and how was he going to act so it seemed like everyone had just settled with dealing with whatever came on their way. Still, they all had to admit that Heechul’s craziness was fun. They were having a laugh with the game.

“Let’s drink from the cup whenever we did something.” Siwon suggested after half an hour of playing the game while eating.

“Yeah... it’s boring without a punishment.” Heechul agreed.

“I’ll drink for Hae.” Hyukjae offered since he had discovered the youngest could not really drink.

“Hyukkie!” Donghae was really touched, leaning to the side and taking the black haired into what looked to be like a koala hug.

“I can drink for Moon.” Siwon wondered but instantly jerked when Heechul pinched against the skin of his thigh. “I’ll drink for myself.” He quickly changed his mind, even avoiding looking at Moon.

“Fine... I will.” Kyuhyun chuckled, easily realizing they had been setting the mood for him to drink his share and hers as well.

They were being extremely obvious in their actions and Moon was not dumb so she was surely figuring out that they were putting her and Kyuhyun together in most situations. Still, compared to Kyuhyun who was getting nervous upon realizing they were still trying to hook them up, Moon seemed very relaxed and in her element. It made Kyuhyun slightly frustrated if he were to be honest. In his mind, the only way a woman could be this relaxed when others made jokes about her and some other guy was if she had no feelings whatsoever for the guy she was being hooked up with. He was sure why, but that was annoying him.  By no means did it mean that he had some feelings for her.  Was it his pride acting up? He had no way of explaining why he thought he was could be nervous without feeling anything and yet by bothered by the idea of her not feeling anything.

“Okay, okay!” Heechul’s turn came again. “I’ve never ever made a fool of myself.” He spoke with confidence, having not put down a single finger in the second round.

“Seriously?!” Donghae looked at him in disbelief. “Not once!?” he snapped towards Heechul.

“I have a strong mental state. I don’t get embarrassed.” Heechul defended, looking very confused as to why the people around did not seem to believe it was possible for someone to do anything and everything without being embarrassed.

“Seems our mighty leader made a fool out of himself.” Siwon changed the flow of the discussion.

“I don’t even know where to start.” Kyuhyun shook his head. “The worst was in the academy when I had to assemble a gun and then fire it. I did so badly that in front of everyone the gun just fell apart. Thank God I didn’t get to fire it.” he remembered that moment, even shivering at the thought of having been so close to fire a damaged gun.

“That’s dangerous.” Hyukjae frowned, sharing the same sentiment as his fellow collegue. “Are you lying?” he then turned and looked at Moon since she had not lowered any fingers.

“No.” she casually answered. “I don’t do stupid things. And even when I do stupid things, I make sure I get out of the situation squeaky clean.” She grinned, sounding very confident and proud with herself.

“So you’ve never ever looked bad after doing something stupid with your friends?” Siwon didn’t believe her either.

“In colocvial terms, I am a hacker. I can make anyone’s embarrassing moments disappear. So I am not that bothered about things.” Moon explained with a shrug of her shoulders, caring more about the meat in front of her.

“I could really use those skills to remove some photos from the internet.” Siwon felt tempted to use her skills since he did have a few things he wanted to make disappear.

“You have embarrassing photos online?” Heechul asked, feeling both amused and tempted to search and try to find them.

“I’m not telling you where to find them!” Siwon refused, even putting some distance between him and Heechul.

“Don’t worry. I’ll find them.” Moon chuckled and then flashed a bright grin towards Siwon. “And I will remove them.” She added when Siwon gave her a very panicked look. “After I save them.” She continued talking just as Siwon began relaxing.

“My kind of gal!” Heechul raised his glass, prepared to drink.

“Nu-uh!” Donghae stopped him. “We’re supposed to drink only if we put down a finger.”  He pointed out.

“Shut up, Fish. I don’t see you drinking!” Heechul snaped at him. “I’ll ask another thing then so that I can drink!”

“Okay. Amaze us with something only you did!” Hyukjae grinned, a hint tipsy after the two full cups he drank.

“Something you are sure to have never done...” Heechul thought about it. “Ah!! I’ve never ever been married.”

The rest chuckled, amused to know that the one thing Heechul had done that could get him a drink was marriage. Just the thought of Heechul getting married seemed like something out of a SF movie given how much of a hassle the elder could be at times.

“Does only real marriage count or marriage under a fake name?” Kyuhyun frowned a bit, looking as if he was hesitating to put down his finger.

“I married under a fake name. Got myself some good money.” Heechul explained, ready to pick up his glass and drink from it. “Wait...” he put it back down. “Why are you asking?” he gave Kyuhyun a confused look.

“Well...” Kyuhyun hesitated again.

“You got married!?!” Donghae shouted and stood up suddenly, almost making the cups of alcohol fall down.

“It was for a mission abroad.” Kyuhyun quickly defended himself. “We had to look like a legit couple so yeah...fake name and ceremony and ...” he mumbled, getting ready to drink from his cup since he had gotten married.

“Now this is better than alcohol!” Heechul looked excited. “What happened to the girl?”

Kyuhyun hesitated even more. All their eyes were staring at him and without wanting to, absolutely involuntary, he turned his head and glanced towards Moon. Their eyes met for a few seconds and Moon flinched a bit, putting together all the pieces of information she had. She quickly understood why Kyuhyun hesitated to explain what happened. If she was right, then the woman he had faked a marriage with was the same one that disobeyed an order and then got herself killed. The atmosphere turned sour really quick once the rest understood that Moon knew something they did not know and whatever happened to that woman was somehow connected with what had happened to their team member.

“Let’s all drink.” Moon tried to sound neutral. “For the idiot that married Heechul and our very own widower at a young age team leader.” She raised her glass into the air and began drinking from it before Kyuhyun could grab it and drink it, as he was supposed to.

The rest followed, for the first time even Donghae taking a sip from his glass. The mood had been ruined and now everyone f

Please log in to read the full chapter