Time to say goodbye

The cure for my sleeping pain

Hi Luna2moon here, Thanks to zawosh for the upvote. I hope all of you are ok, I new chapter for you guys enjoy!.Please send your good wishes to Panda2Koala for a good time at University and let her know we miss her! <3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They started to film again. In the corner of the room stood Donghae watching, looking so proud he seemed like he was going to explode.

A few times in the beginning, they stopped filming so Donghae could rearrange his father’s pyjamas and sort his hair out.

Kyuhyun followed them around whilst filming, he never told them that he also does ‘behind the scenes’, a secret documentary of his own.

Before Donghae goes to work, he would shout “cut” with Hyukjae to start filming. This would be the times were Kyuhyun would do close ups of Hyukjae’s face in secret. He also filmed, when Donghae was gone to work, how Hyukjae looked after the father, how gentle he was, how much he cared for the old man.

Sometimes he follows him to the living room, holding the camera on his hips as if he wasn’t filming, and he would capture the other one crying alone. He felt time was ticking, so he tried to captivate every little experience as much as he could, sometimes he would fake falling asleep on the sofa to be able to film from very early in the morning.

He would see Donghae arriving exhausted in the very early morning, smelling of dead fish himself, but he would still coming in smiling every time. He would go straight to his father’s room and his father would chase him away to go to sleep. Hyukjae would make the most minimal of noises to not wake up Donghae when he finally fell asleep. They behaved like a family, who loved each other. He could feel it, even in his insensitive heart.

He had refused a date with a hot fireman to film, and he realised he also got caught into this as well. This was like a novel, and he knew it will have a tragic end. Hyukjae was the only friend he had, even if they remained distant, in times of need, they were always there for each other. Hyukjae was the only person who never judged him for being cold and insensitive, since Hyukjae was like that too. At least from the outside it seems.

They were both gay, but they never told anyone, they couldn’t.

In the station, if someone wanted to break bad news to Hyukjae, they always told Kyuhyun, because he was the only one who would keep him calm. But now, Donghae brings another Hyukjae alive. Somebody who was not known to Kyuhyun, and he was amazed at how he managed to hide the real him for so long.   

 

Life was slow. It was like the calm before the storm.

The moment they woke up in the morning, they knew it would be different. Kyuhyun woke up feeling… like something wasn’t right… but he didn’t know what… Hyukjae also mentioned to Kyuhyun when they were getting ready to film, “I had a very weird dream last time… and I feel really strange today… this has never happened to me before…” Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say, but he knew how he felt. It was like there was just something in the air, something different…

Kyuhyun followed Hyukjae everywhere, but when the nurse came in that morning, he saw something in her eyes. The nurse smiled at him and she asked, “Where is Donghae?”

Kyuhyun answered, “He is sleeping, why?” She looked at Kyuhyun in the eyes and said, “You should wake him up…”

Both Hyukjae and Kyuhyun felt dread as the nurse went back into the room with father.

Kyuhyun went to go to Donghae’s room, when Hyukjae grabbed his arm and whispered frantically, “Don’t go in there! He is sleeping!”

Kyuhyun pulled him towards the sofa and sat him down next to him. Kyuhyun put his hand on his leg and said seriously, “Hyukjae, he needs to wake up, his father…” Kyuhyun looked away, the look in Hyukjae’s eyes were hopeless.

But he continued, “Donghae needs to be awake now or he will never forgive himself, do you understand what I am telling you?”

Hyukjae looked down and Kyuhyun tried to follow his gaze, “Do you?”

Hyukjae nodded, but his eyes were full of tears.

He sobbed quietly, “I can’t Kyu… I can’t do that to him… his father… he is everything to him… please… I can’t…”

Kyuhyun looked at him sadly before saying, “I will go and wake him up now ok? Stay calm for Donghae’s sake, you need to be calm…” Hyukjae just sat there, and Kyuhyun stood up and went to the room.

He knocked on the door twice and seconds later, Donghae opened the door with tired eyes. He was surprised to see Kyuhyun face and he immediately asked, “Is everything alright?”

Kyuhyun took a deep breathe, “Donghae, you need to go and see your father… Rosie is with him, but you need to go to him now…” Donghae looked behind Kyuhyun, looking in the room for Hyukjae like a lost puppy. Kyuhyun could see theirs eyes finding each other. Hyukjae said, “Go and get dressed, I will wait for you.”

Donghae disappeared and appeared in seconds. He did not even look at Kyuhyun, he went straight to Hyukjae who was waiting with his hand opened.

“Let’s go together…” Donghae grabbed his hand and they walked to father’s room. Hyukjae opened the door and they saw Donghae’s father lying down, not sitting up as he usually was. When he saw the two of them going in, he smiled and said, “Hello my boys… how are you this morning?”

Donghae moved towards him and he sat on the bed. He let go of Hyukjae’s hand and he held his father’s hand, “Are you ok?”

His father smiled weakly, “My darling son… I am so sorry… but I need to go… your beautiful mum is waiting for me…” Donghae eyes immediately showed pain and panic.

“You are a man now… so you need to live your life now… and stop looking after me… you are the best son I could ever ask for… now look after yourself…” He looked at Hyukjae for a brief moment, “Keep your friends close to you… they are worth millions… but this one is special…”

Hyukjae started sobbing, but he covered his mouth to try and quieten himself, “He is a good soul… like you…” Donghae burst out crying now, “Father… I can’t… I will never be able to survive without you… please don’t leave me… dad… I can’t do this… I am different, you know that… dad, please… I beg you…” his father put his hand up and touched Donghae’s face. He held his hand on his face, but he felt it… he was sobbing so hard and Hyukjae was behind him crying uncontrollably as well.

Donghae whispered, “Good bye father…” Donghae kissed his father’s hand before he let it go, and he watched as it dropped down. He turned, still seating down, and he hugged Hyukjae’s waist as he cried harder.

He was broken… his soul was broken.