The father, the hero

The cure for my sleeping pain

Thank you just7smiles for the upvote and thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! Especially those with the lovely messages wishing me luck for the uni life! (which inspire me to update today!)

I can't promise to update so often now that I have less contact with luna2moon but I will do my best!

Please enjoy this chapter and leave lots of lovely comments!

Love you all and miss you all! <3

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

Hyukjae started to work every day from early in the morning to late at night. After Donghae arrives from work, which is very early in the morning, he would order the staff at the hotel to bring lunch for father so that Donghae wouldn’t have to wake up and he could get some rest. Every day, Hyukjae would also order beautiful and fresh flowers for Donghae’s father to cheer him up, it also made the room a little more radiant.

After work, Hyukjae would also take father for a stroll around town as often as he can with Donghae.  The people in the town adored the both of them, wherever they went, people would come to greet them and see how they are doing.

One particular day, they decided to eat out in a very quiet place but it was a lovely one. It was late afternoon and they were enjoying their meal when one of the waitresses came and said to Hyukjae, “Someone told me you are a journalist…” Hyukjae nodded and she smiled, “What do you know! And here you are sitting with one of our heroes!”

Hyukjae was taken back, “What do you mean?”

The waitress pointed at Donghae’s father, “This man right here is a hero!”

Hyukjae stared at father with wide eyes before turning back to the waitress. The waitress explained, “Once a long time ago, it rained a lot, really heavily for a few days none stop. It rained so much that it caused an avalanche of mud to come down and it buried a primary school. It was the only primary school in the town at the time of the accident, so all the children at that age from the town were in that school, and it trapped everyone inside.”

Hyukjae was mortified and the waitress continued, “And this man,” pointing at Donghae’s father, “And some other fisherman, helped to rescue a lot of people and children, but he was the only one who didn’t have a break. He was there until he rescued all the children, alive or dead. He was incredibly strong!”

Hyukjae was mortified and amazed at the same time, such a tragic story but such a heroic man father was.

The waitress smiled and added, “He was already well known at the time though, because all the girls were in love with him!” She smiled at the older man and then father interrupted, “But the one who stole my heart was the only one who did not pay any attention to me…” He laughed, “She was so beautiful, perfect in every single way…”

Hyukjae was captivated into another story, as the older man spoke with a warm smile and shining eyes, “She was always walking with a book in front of her… she was so into reading, that one day, she fell into a hole! They had to call the fire brigade to take her out,” he starting laughing, “And she was still holding the book!”

Donghae started laughing as well, “She was such an unusual mum, she baked the most terrible cakes ever!” They both laughed.

“But she always used to sing to me until the day she died… god… I miss her…” Donghae looked a little solemn as he sighed those last words, but they were both radiating love, and Hyukjae couldn’t help but stare at them. He felt a pang in his heart.  

Hyukjae then snapped out of his daze and spoke with determination, “You are right!” The waitress and both men looked at Hyukjae confused. Hyukjae smiled and thought to himself, “I will do an independent documentary about a local hero! I will talk to my boss tomorrow to get permission, but I am sure he will say yes!

All three of them looked at Hyukjae with confusion as he was smiling brightly to himself, not realising the other’s strange stares. 

 

 

The very next day, Hyukjae was on the phone with his boss, who was very enthusiastic about the idea.

“I like it! A hero… dying after the earthquake! Yeah, I am sure it will sell! Go for it!”

He decided to ignore the insensitive comment, as much as he disliked it. The most important thing is that he will be allowed to stay for another two weeks, as well make a documentary of Donghae’s father. He asked Kyuhyun to come every morning for an hour to film part of the interview with father. He chose the morning because he knew that was when father felt best.

Donghae sometimes was in part of the interview, mostly just on the side line. He also interview some other people for the documentary, and he managed to got so many people who wanted to talk about Donghae’s father. He had so many people, he would have to make a kind of lottery to choose the best stories.  

He was so into making this documentary, that even Kyuhyun commented, “What is with you? I have never seen you like this for any story we have done… and I am the closest person to you in the universe!”

Hyukjae just huffed and ignored Kyuhyun, so Kyuhyun teased, “Is because of the hot fisherman?”

Hyukjae glared at him making Kyuhyun smirk. Hyukjae then answered seriously, “For the first time in my life, I feel like I am doing something worth it… I meet these amazing people in this remote, almost isolated place with the most amazing story… I want to leave something behind when I die, something that is not the usual , something meaningful… something worth to be remembered… I don’t want Donghae’s father to die in anonymity because he is a great man… I am so lucky to have the chance to meet him and spend some time with him… that’s all.”

Kyuhyun was never into sentimental stuff, he was known to having a heart made of rock, if he even had one, but he stood there in shock staring at Hyukjae, “Good lord! I feel… I feel like you inspired me! And I am inspire-less! I never feel inspired! You have touched my inexistent soul for a few seconds there… you my dear friend, have made me feel! I’m feeling!”

Hyukjae threw a pillow at Kyuhyun, hitting him right in the face.

Kyuhyun laughed, “What was that for! I was being serious!”