So called friend

The cure for my sleeping pain

We dedicate this chapter to Ryeowook who as gone into the army...We hope he will cameback safely to us!

thank you everyone for the wonderful  comments! but I don't  feel enough love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyu heard Hyukjae screaming for a good fifteen minutes before he could say anything. It was quite something! He has never heard somebody so mad! But after a few minutes he said, “Look, you said you trust me, and I did what I thought was the right thing to do! You two are more than just friends! But you are too much of a to admit it! Look, he is a nice guy, the best guy we have met in a long time… and if I let you miss this, I would be a terrible friend to you. Now shut up and check the TV website! Or even on YouTube! You have fans! And these fans have even given you two a name! HyukHae! The chicks are going wild! Watch the program again, but through your eyes and your real feelings and let me know what you really think.”

He then hung up before Hyukjae could even answer.

Hyukjae was so shocked. He could not believe Kyu talked to him like that, he has never done that before. He was confused.

He listened to what Kyuhyun advised and checked the comments on the website and on YouTube. It was true. People love them. They were asking if they were living together and some people even said that they spent a week away in japan, they were making up things by the minute!

 

That night was the longest night of Hyukjae’s life. He had to wait all morning to give Donghae a call, but before he could, the TV station called him to tell him they were so impressed by the reaction of the people. The director said, “I thought this would be the end of your career, I didn’t even know you were gay! Well, I was quite surprised, but it worked out really well in the end. We would like to meet your boyfriend, maybe if he is ok with it, he could be part of an interview! What do you think? We will pay him of course, since this has brought a lot of attention to the media. We are at the top of the ratings at the moment!”

Hyukjae was mute, his voice did not come out until he said, “S-sir… sorry but… we are not a couple, we are just good friends… he is still in his own town, I wish we could just leave him alone, if you don’t mind?”

The director answered, “Well, we will see about that.” Before hanging up.

 

The time arrived to call Donghae and Hyukjae felt his heart was going to break his ribs. Donghae answered the phone, but he sounded very tired.

“Donghae it’s me, are you ok to talk?”

Donghae replied, “Yeah of course, go on.”

“Well… first things first… Kyu is responsible for this mess… and the worst part is, he is not even sorry… I think he misunderstood our friendship for something else…”

Hyukjae was saying the words, but hurting himself all the way, “But we can fix it if you want, I want to give you the choice of how we will do this. First, I clear all this in an interview myself, and tell them what really happened, or you can came here and do it yourself, or we can do it together. What do you think? And by the way, my manager offered to pay you, if you decide to come here. He would pay for all the expenses.”

Donghae sat on his bed and he thought for a few seconds, “What do you want to do? What do you think is best for you and your career in TV?”

“Donghae please… focus on you… at this point I don’t give a about my career, I want you to come out of this unharmed… please… just think about that, please!”

Donghae answered, “Look, I am nobody, and you are one of the most well know TV presenters in the country! Nobody gives a about me, but you on another hand… Ok, look… I will go there and we will do this together. This is our fault, mine and my father’s… I will fix this… this is not fair to you… leave it to me”

Hyukjae was still shaking, he whispered, “I do…”

Donghae stopped and asked, “What did you say?”

“I said I do! I do give a !”

Donghae smiled “Well I do give a , about you too.”

Hyukjae added, “I will send you the tickets in the mail… I will pick you up and take you to the hotel, any preference?”

“Yes I want to stay with you please, I would like to spend some time with you… if you don’t mind, I miss, you know?”

Hyukjae felt like he was melting in his own feelings for the younger, “I miss you too Donghae…I will talk to you soon, look after yourself and see you soon.”

The day Donghae arrived was crazy. Hyukjae’s house was so clean, you could see everything shine like a show home. He was so nervous. He refused to answer any of Kyu’s calls this morning, he was far too nervous, and he knew Kyu will just make fun of him. Truth to be told, he was still mad at him.

He jumped in his car and he arrived at the airport an hour before the plane arrived. He just wanted to make sure he would be on time…

He sat in the waiting area and he felt people looking at him. He knew he was well known, but this was different… there were a lot of girls looking at him and smiling.

The flight was announced, he went to the gate and his heart was pumping so much blood, he was feeling sick. He tried to relax, but he could not achieve any state but practically euphoria. He was so much in love and there was nothing he could do about it. He stood there at the end of the gate in front of the doors, seeing people arriving, but not Donghae.

He waited and waited, but still no Donghae. He was losing hope when all of a sudden he saw the brown mop of hair between a group of people. He saw Donghae smile and Donghae immediately ran to him. He could not help it. He opened his arms and Donghae practically jumped into them. He could hear some girls screaming, but he thought that maybe they were fans from some group. The hug was the longest hug he ever had, Donghae’s mouth was so close to his neck, he could feel the others lips on his skin. He wanted this moment to never end. He wanted to stop time.

Donghae was here with him in his arms.

 

They jumped in the car, and they were talking all the way. When they arrived at Hyukjae’s house, Donghae opened his mouth wide, “Oh my goodness… No wonder you were so shocked to see my house! This is so beautiful!”

Hyukjae felt a little shy but he said, “You are welcome to come anytime you want!”

Donghae jumped into his arms again and said, “Hyukjae, I missed you so much… I miss father so much too… you two left me too early.”

Hyukjae was only just able to whisper, “Sorry…” They sat on the desk after eating and they went on the website of the TV station. To their surprise, they saw photos of them hugging at the airport.

“What?!” Hyukjae shouted, “What the hell!? How did they know you were coming? These people should work for the government!”

Donghae was smiling and he said, “I have never seen them or heard of them before, look in this one! They are shouting our names! This is actually funny!”

“I am so happy you can see the funny part of it… but we need to tell them to stop.”

Donghae suddenly looked sad and he said, “That’s why I am here… this is my time to help you… I will go for a walk now if you don’t mind, I have never being in Seoul and I am sure you have more important things to do than show this city to a country pumpkin.”

Before Hyukjae could react, Donghae was already leaving the house. He felt he offended Donghae and his heart hurt. He ran to the door, put his shoes and jacket on as fast as he could do and he ran outside.

Donghae was waking really fast, but he managed to catch up to him. He pulled Donghae’s arm and he said out of breath, “Look! I am doing this for you! I don’t want you to get hurt! I am gay! As gay can be! And I don’t want people to think you are the same! I am trying to protect you! Do you understand? This is difficult for me! Very difficult… so please… Donghae make this easy for me, because I am dying here… you are… too important to me…I …I…”

He never finished because Donghae hugged him so tight, he forgot his name and all the rest. “I thought you were ashamed of me, because I am poor, I thought now you are back here, you want to forget about me… and believe me when I say this, I did try to forget about you, but I missed you too much…”

“Donghae, how could you think that silly… did you see my face on those videos… you could do no wrong in my eyes.”

They then walked to the park. They sat there for hours on the grass whilst Hyukjae was holding Donghae’s head on his legs and his back was against a tree. Donghae said, “Do you know why I was late coming off the plane? Because I feel asleep… I was tired and I have been without sleeping for so long… my doctor wanted to give me sleeping pills… but I don’t want to take them. On the way here, I knew you were waiting for me and I felt so relaxed… I fell asleep. I could not wake up! How funny is that?”  

Hyukjae chuckled, “And then there was me! I was so nervous I was feeling sick! I thought you were mad at me because of this mess, but you are still the sweet Donghae who everybody loves!”

“I am not sweet! I am a masculine fisherman!”

“Nope! Sorry! You just look like a fish!” And Hyukjae touched Donghae’s face in a feather like way. Donghae just closed his eyes, enjoying the touch. He has been missing him so much the last few weeks. The moment was interrupted by the click of a phone and a few girls running in the opposite direction. Donghae smiled and he said, “I don’t care.”

Hyukjae look at the eyes of the person he loves the most and he said, “You are here, that’s the only thing I care about at the moment”.

Behind a tree in the same park at the same time, Kyu got stung by a wasp. He had to bite his finger to not ruin the moment, but he thought, “Time to go home, to get an ice pack!”