Calling you in the dark

The cure for my sleeping pain

Dearly beloved... we are gathered here today... because luna2moon... amongst all her kindness and hardworkingness... has given life... to another... Story!

I am just as excited as you guys! *or maybe more... I don't know... hayanyuuki seems as excited as I am! Let me know in the comments!

Thank you kiahae, Wysmom, cj041586, mennie68, RoseHae86, hayanyuuki, jongosh and lovemimi for the upvotes!

So... here it is! The first chapter!

Please enjoy it and us know what you think! *whisper: I love it!*

Have a nice evening/morning/night everyone!

Enjoy my pretties!

 

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

 

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were taking turns driving in the dusty countryside of Korea. This town has lately been in the news for their earthquakes having a devastating effect on the town. Hyukjae was complaining, “From all the places… they have to send us here? Who gives a about a town where only three thousand people live? People are not even going to recognise the name of this hole!”

Kyuhyun was laughing, “Just concentrate on the road! Stop ing about it! I know the journalist, he told me this place was great!”

“Are you ing kidding me Kyu? There is nothing here! And I haven’t even seen a single human being for the past three hours! Not even a car! Or a bicycle!”

Kyuhyun kept smiling, but at one point he shouted, “HUMAN!”

Hyukjae nearly lost control of the car as he swerved around, driving onto the pavement and nearly hitting the so called human. Kyuhyun and Hyukjae looked in shock, until they heard the door open in the back of the car. A guy said, “Thank you for stopping! There is still another 80 miles before we get to town!”

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun looked at each other in confusion before looking back the boy in their car. He was wearing a brown worn out pair of trousers, a very old beige shirt and very old boots. His hair was dishevelled and sweaty, some brown bangs were stuck on his forehead. But apart from that, he was extraordinarily good looking. His broad shoulders, strong arms and chiselled chest that was visible through his slightly open top gave off the macho appeal, which contradicted his sweet, practically angelic, face.

Hyukjae could only appreciate the beauty, whilst Kyuhyun was the one who quickly deciphered the situation and was the first one to respond and said, “Yeah no problem man! Sorry about my friend’s driving skills!”

Hyukjae growled at Kyuhyun because of his insult, the boy answered, “Don’t worry about it! People who don’t belong to this town don’t even stop… but you did!” Hyukjae quickly put the car in first gear and got on with it.

He didn’t want to look rude saying it was actually an accident and they never intended on taking anyone anywhere.

Kyuhyun was holding in his laughter, but he crossed a few words with the stranger. After a few miles, the boy who seemed very young, at least 5 years younger than the other two, said, “That is my friend over there! Do you mind taking him too?”

Hyukjae answered, “Erm… Yeah, why not… The more the merrier!”

They stopped the car and an old man jumped in, “Hi Donghae! Long time no see! How is your father?”

The boy asked, “I am going to see him now, at the hospital! These kind gentlemen stopped to give me a ride!” Hyukjae looked in the mirror at that second and his eyes locked with the boys for a second. He felt something in that second. But he put it in the back of his mind as a feeling of being ashamed for taking praise for something he had no intention of doing.

The old man looked at the other two, who were looking at him with their mouths wide open, not knowing what to say, and said, “Thank you for stopping for me too.”

 

Eventually, they got to the small town, after Hyukjae and Kyuhyun remained silent for about an hour and a half, whilst the other two had the most incredible conversation. Hyukjae didn’t know if both of them were quiet because they were listening to their conversation or because frankly, they didn’t have anything to say.

When they were in the town plaza, they dropped the two strangers off. The strangers bowed before Hyukjae drove on to park the car. They then started to look around for a place to start. Hyukjae wasn’t very optimistic. He didn’t want to come. The town looked so sad and worn down. He felt mad at his boss for making him go to this horrible place. He was the number one! He deserved better than this…

Kyuhyun was carrying his camera equipment whilst Hyukjae, not very enthusiastically, was asking random people about the night of the earthquake.

The town looked terrible, but he didn’t know it looked before so he doesn’t know how bad it got or if it originally looked in such a poor state. It was so freaking hot that they decided to go to the hospital to see how the casualties were doing. To their surprise, they found more casualties than they thought. They went into a lot of rooms, asking people about their experiences, when one of the nurses came running to talk to one of the other nurses and said, “Guess who arrived early today!”

The other one gasped, “No way!”

“Yes! He is here! Donghae arrived early!”

“I will find an excuse to go to that ward later!”

Hyukjae was listening to everything, he decided to follow the first nurse. When he arrived in the ward, Donghae was coming out with an empty cup.

“Rose! You look lovelier than ever! Is there any chance you can bring me some fresh tea for my dad?”

The girl nearly melted, “Of course Oppa, it is not a problem if it is for you!”

Donghae was looking at the girl until his eyes found Hyukjae’s, “Oh! We meet again! What are you doing here?”

Hyukjae was a little bit hurt, he was one of the most well-known TV news presenter in South Korea, “I am here with part of my crew filming the consequences of the earthquake last weekend.”

Donghae looked at Hyukjae with his mouth held open, “You appear in TV!”

Hyukjae answered with an arrogantly bored tone, “6 days a week, that’s all.” Kyuhyun suddenly appeared from behind and said, “Not enough days obviously, because Donghae doesn’t have a clue who you are!”

Donghae smiled and said, “Don’t take it personally, I don’t own a TV, or have the time, or the money, at the moment to watch TV.”

Hyukjae looked at him surprised, “Who doesn’t own a TV?”

Donghae answered, “Me…”

Hyukjae was the one with his mouth held open this time, “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Visiting my father.”

Hyukjae avoided toughing Donghae’s body as he pushed his way passed him to get inside the room to see Donghae’s father. Donghae’s father was holding a smile, “You must be the nice man who gave my son a lift, I am eternally grateful because it means I can spend more time with him today.”

Hyukjae mumbled you’re welcome and don’t worry about it quickly and quietly. He then asked, “Do you mind giving us an interview?”

Donghae’s father answered, “Of course I can!”

Donghae was behind Hyukjae and he whined, “And I don’t even have a TV to see my own dad on TV?”

Hyukjae started the interview asking, “How did the earthquake affect your life?”

The old man answered, “It didn’t change anything.”

Hyukjae countered, “But, something must have changed because you are in a hospital.”

“I have been here for 9 months.”

Donghae started laughing and said, “They thought that you were a casualty of the earthquake!” Kyuhyun joined in on the laughter, “This is so funny!”

The father looked at Donghae and said, “Son, when are you going to mature? Stop making fun of this lovely gentleman.”

Hyukjae looked at Donghae and said, “You could tell me that he wasn’t a victim and save me the time!”

Donghae added, “And miss your face? Sorry, no can do!”

The nurse appeared from behind Donghae with a fresh cup of tea. He turned around and said, “Rose, can you help this lovely gentleman find victims of the earthquake? Because victims of tumours are not his thing!”

Hyukjae felt awful, “I didn’t mean it this way…” And then he mumbled, “Now I look like an arse…” And he walked out of the room. Donghae went to sit with his dad, he was still laughing. The father shook his head, “You are terrible Donghae.”

Donghae replied, “But you still love me!”

“I do my boy… I do.”

 

Hyukjae didn’t stop thinking about Donghae for the rest of the day, he didn't know why... maybe it was because of what happened in the hospital... probably... He kept thinking about him, so he decided to go  to the balcony of the hotel for some fresh air, the hotel though looked more like a house than a hotel.

He was alone because somehow, Kyuhyun managed to make some friends who he managed to get close enough with to go out with that night. Hyukjae didn't know how he did it or even when!

As Hyukjae was standing on the balcony, he saw a figure walking in the night.

He recognised almost immediately that the figure was Donghae. He couldn’t help it. He shouted, “Donghae!”

The figure turned around and Hyukjae went downstairs. As he got out and went closer to Donghae, he didn’t know what to say. With each step closer he was losing trail of thought and any idea of what he was doing or going to do.

He didn’t think this through.

But he knew he had to do something, heck he was standing right in front Donghae with no more steps left to walk with Donghae looking at Hyukjae with a questionning look.

But instead of something reasonable, he came out with the most stupid of questions, “Where are you going?”