And the sadness covered it all

The cure for my sleeping pain

Thank you everyone for the great comments!

Sorry it has been a while, but hopefully the next one won't be too long! <3

Well here it is!

Enjoy my pretties! <3

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

Life stood still.

The two figures in the middle of the room were hugging each other, grasping for each other… Hyukjae was crying silently whilst Donghae was sobbing loudly.

The nurse left them to mourn and Kyu followed her. Kyuhyun could hear the painful sobs from outside, he felt the sadness that he has never felt before. He tried to stop the sadness overwhelming him but it was contagious, their sadness was like a wave that covered the hotel room, even the nurse was crying.

He was crying.

He did not remember the last time he cried… he could not explain why he felt this way. Life was so short, and only the feeling of emptiness could be felt in the room. It was like he took parts of their souls as his soul left. The nurse took in a few deep breathes in attempt to calm down, before going to talk with Donghae to let them know what to do. Kyuhyun could see that Hyukjae was following all the instructions, whilst Donghae was with his head on his father’s bed, still sobbing.

Hours later, the people from the funeral home came. They went alone in the room and they asked Donghae to leave. Donghae didn’t respond, and he didn’t move from beside his father’s bed. It was like reality was just hitting him, that his father was going now, and the feeling of being left behind had finally got to him. Hyukjae grabbed his hand gently and tugged on it. Donghae didn’t resist, and only left after Hyukjae gently pulled him out.

It didn’t take long before they took him away, but it all felt too fast. After they left the room, Donghae went back into the bedroom and Hyukjae followed him. The funeral was going to be held tomorrow and there was nothing they could do now. Hyukjae paid for everything. Kyuhyun saw him earlier taking to people on the phone and almost shouting, “I don’t care! I want the best! Just take my credit card and please do what I am asking you!”

Kyuhyun sat in the room for a few minutes and after he picked up a lot of his things. Kyuhyun went to the room to say good bye to Donghae and Hyukjae, but that’s when he saw both of them sleeping. Hyukjae was holding Donghae, his head was hiding in the crook of Hyukjae’s neck. It was symbolic, like he was hiding from the present reality and Hyukjae was there to shield him from it.

They never actually slept together even though they used the same bed and room because Donghae worked during the night and Hyukjae worked during the day.

Kyuhyun walked to the room feeling hardness in his heart. He took a few pictures and he filmed somethings, but it was because it did not seem real. It was like he needed proof that a life had just expired. He had no idea that Donghae’s father would leave so quickly. Nothing but sadness was left behind.

Kyuhyun then practically ran to his hotel room and called his parents. He felt the sudden need to tell them how much he loved them and how grateful he was for what they did for him.

 

 

When Hyukjae woke up in the morning, he realised Donghae was also awake, but he still looked very tired. Hyukjae tried to convince him to stay for another few hours but he refused. Hyukjae tried to think about why he did not feel weird about sleeping together… and not even just that, they actually hugged all night. Hyukjae wondered that maybe it was because they were in so much pain that they just held each other and under the circumstances it probably was normal. That’s what he thought anyway.

He never thought about it, but when it was time to get dressed, Donghae got dressed in the same trousers and the same shirt as when he first meet him. He realised, that it was probably the nicest thing he had. Hyukjae went into a bit of a panic mode as he ran to his room and looked for something for Donghae to wear. In the end, he found some clothes, but it looked quite tight on the trousers, but he guessed it was because Donghae’s structure was different than his own…

 

In the funeral, Hyukjae sat beside Donghae. The amount of people that came to the place was impressive. He was a local hero. Hyukjae was looking around the back of the building and he saw Kyuhyun filming. Donghae was still very much in shock. He truly believed his father was getting better and that all of this was like a bad dream.

People came to talk to him but he looked for me. He needed me more than ever. Since this morning when we woke up together in bed, he was always beside me. He looked so lost.

His fisherman friends also came, and they were also crying, but Donghae never moved from my side. The funeral was long, I ordered so much food the company had to order stuff from another town. All the people who knew Donghae’s father attended the funeral, they all looked sad.

He cried in the morning, but after that he calmed himself down and controlled himself, he knew he had to be strong for Donghae. The day was so long, I was so tired in the end but Donghae looked close to collapsing. His eyes were so swollen, he had so much trouble trying to keep them open.

That night, after that long day, Donghae went for a shower and he put his pyjamas on. “I don’t think I can stay up for another second… I want this to be a nightmare… I want to wake up… I want to wake up now…”

Hyukjae stood up from the sofa and I took him to the room. He laid down on the bed and Hyukjae laid down beside him until he felt sleep. Hyukjae then went to father’s room and he cried. He cried the tears he needed to cry this morning, he cried the tears he held in during the afternoon, and he cried for the person he will miss for the rest of his life.

 

When Hyukjae woke up in the morning, he could feel a mop of hair on his shoulder. It took him a few seconds to realise where he was, and with whom. When his eyes finally adjusted, he realised it was Donghae, who was cuddling him in his father’s bed. He was wearing his fisherman’s attire, but when he looked at the clock, he realised it was way too late for him to go to work.

Hyukjae tried to move away without waking him up, but he realised that this task was impossible. He started to stir and Donghae opened his eyes, but just barely.

“I came here to say good morning to dad… but I found you… with your face full of fresh tears… you looked so sad… I came to give you a cuddle… and I think I fell asleep with you… Are you okay now?”

Hyukjae just nodded.

They were still in a single bed very close to each other and Hyukjae said with his eyes becoming tearful again, “He reminds me… Of my dad… I never met him… but my mum… use to say… that he was the best person she ever met…” And Hyukjae started to cry again.

Donghae brought him close to him and said, “Between you and me… we don’t do one… I knew you liked him… I could see it… but I never realised how strong you felt about him... My father… he was a lot of people’s hero, but he was my hero… but he was also brave… and if he is looking at me now… I need to make him proud… tomorrow I need to go back to work… no more cuddles… very soon you will go back to Seoul and I will be back to my life… I don’t know about you, but I think in the near future, I will not only be missing my dad, but also… I will be missing you… There is nothing I can do or say to repay for what you did for us… my dad died in this beautiful room with his son sleeping in the next one… I regret going to sleep that morning… I regret not spending the last hours with him… now sleep… will always remind me of this pain…”