Kyu set up

The cure for my sleeping pain

Hi guys!

Luna2moon here! I will update today because I am happy, but if you don't comment, you will have to wait for a long time...

Enjoy this chapter.

Love you all <3

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

The day of our last interview came faster than Hyukjae wanted it to. Hyukjae asked Donghae to stay with him until the last day because he had to sort out some legal matters, and to be honest, he didn’t have a clue how to do any of it.

 

The car was ready with all my things inside. Kyu was sitting in the car ready to drive off after hugging Donghae a little too long for my liking. Hyukjae thought for a second that he was ready to kiss his face until he sent him to sit in the car.

Hyukjae looked around, his eyes wondering, he tried my best to not look at Donghae’s house.

“We need to go now… you have my number and my address… if you ever go to Seoul, please come and see me… I will…kind of miss you… a lot… I don’t make friends easy… actually, my only friend for years is Kyu… so… I want… I would like to see you again…”

“Hyukjae… I feel pretty bad already… if I had another job I would happily move to Seoul… but… but I can’t… I need to call you in the near future though… to arrange how I will pay you for my father’s funeral… don’t think I forgot about it! It’s just that… I don’t have the money right now, but if you wait I will pay you with interest.”

“Donghae I don’t want you to pay me, I paid because it was for father… I did it for him… so please, don’t pay me back, use the money to come and see me ok?”

At that point their eyes meet for the first time all morning. Hyukjae’s eyes were full of unridden tears, and Donghae’s eyes were the same. The first tear ran down Donghae’s face and Hyukjae couldn’t help but close the space between them and with his thumb, he dried it away. After that he hugged Donghae with all his heart, but his heart was breaking again… too many times it has been breaking this week… he did not want to go… he wanted to stay… he wanted to leave his life behind and stay with  Donghae, as a friend or lover.

But he knew Donghae didn’t feel the same way.

He had to let Donghae go because it was the only way, but before he let go he kissed Donghae’s face and whispered sadly, God I will miss you and your father in my life…” he turned and jumped in the car in a flash without looking back and asked Kyu, “Please drive.” And the second the car moved, he broke into the first sob, one of many to come.

 

When they arrived in Seoul, Kyu put his hand on Hyukjae’s shoulder and he said, “Look… tell him how you feel… he is a nice guy… or at least… you know, have a go at it! I think you have a chance…”

Hyukjae said without looking at Kyu in a low and sad tone, “It will never work… he has a million people who want him… and I am pretty sure I am not the best choice… I will get better eventually… but I need to suffer for a while… please… just let me be miserable for a while ok?”

Kyu left the car and he watched at how terrible his best friend looked.

But what he was thinking now was, how was he going to put these two guys together? And he smiled to himself, evil Kyu plan making had begun.

 

The first day at work was something else. Hyukjae looked absent all the way through the meeting. The manager asked unsure, “Are you ok with the contents? They seem…. pretty personal… and people can read a lot into these things, are you sure you want to show them? This will affect your career, and I talk on behalf of all of us here, this is a really nice documentary and it touched all of our hearts… but… I want to make sure you are ok with it and okay with the fact that we will air this today after the news.”

Hyukjae barely said, “I was not the one doing the editing, but I did the interviews and I do trust Kyuhyun, he will not make anything up because he is an honest person.”

All the people in the meeting looked at Kyu and he just shyly smiled back.

 

Hyukjae went home after the meeting. His boss gave him a week off for all the hard work. He sat on his sofa and he closed his eyes and murmured, “Donghae… I miss you… please call me…” He waited beside the phone for hours. He did not have the guts to call Donghae himself, he did not want to look obvious… he wanted Donghae to call him, he did not want to look desperate… but each day since he has arrived it was getting more painful.

He fell asleep on the sofa like every day, he did not touch his bed since he arrived. This bed didn’t smell like Donghae… Donghae does not sleep there… he was flat asleep when all of a sudden his phone started ringing. He look at the caller ID and he realised it was Donghae.

His heart was pumping so much blood he panicked for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. Eventually, he gathered all of his courage and he answered, but before he could say hello, he realised that Donghae was talking to somebody else on the other side. He said “I know he has nothing to do with this!”

Hyukjae asked Donghae, “Donghae? Is that you?”

“Hyukjae! Can you please tell me what is going on? What is with the documentary?”

“The documentary? What do you mean?”

“Haven’t you see it yet?”

“No… I didn’t do the editing, Kyu did. I have not actually seen the finishing product myself yet…”

“Hyukjae please go to the internet and check the program out and call me!” Hyukjae then heard Donghae say to someone else, “He did not do it, Kyu edited the program. I knew he would never do that!”

“Donghae what is going on? You are scaring me… please tell me what is going on…”

“Hyukjae just watch the program and call me immediately after.”

Hyukjae was shaking. He just woke up and he ran to his room. He switched on the laptop and he waited impatiently for the system to work, but he manage to log in and he went to the TV station website and saw the program. He clicked on the link and he started to watch it. The program started with them interviewing some people about the earthquake, everything was fine, he saw nothing wrong with it! But then… after a few minutes he realised… Kyu never stopped recording…

He filmed Donghae and him in very private moments. He could see how the interactions could be misunderstood, he watched Donghae rubbing his head on his shoulder, and his face completely besotted by the youngster. He was shaking in anger, how could Kyu do that to him?

He is his friend!

How bad this was…

He did not want to see anymore, but he had to… it was so obvious on the program that there was something going on… he called Donghae and he was practically in tears, “Donghae I am so sorry! This is all my fault! I should have made sure that it was fine! I shouldn’t have let this happen! I trusted him… I swear, I will fix it… I am so sorry… please forgive me Donghae!”

“Hyukjae stop! I knew you had no idea of anything, how will this affect your reputation? Are you going to lose your job? I feel really bad, if you had never had met us, you would never have been in this situation… I don’t know what to do… I can go over there and explain to them that this is my fault and you are not responsible for my actions.”

“Donghae what are you talking about? You have nothing to feel guilty about… just… just let me solve this…”

“Hyukjae, let me know if you need my help… I know I don’t have money but I am a good person and everybody knows that…”

“I’m sorry Donghae… I will call you tomorrow”

“Hyukjae… some bad people said you did this for publicity… but I defended you… my father loved you and he never got people wrong… he said I could trust you… I know I can… he was always right…”

Hyukjae felt so close to tears, “I am so sorry about this Donghae… I will call you tomorrow, ok?”

“Sure, remember I sleep in the mornings though okay? I miss you my friend…” and he hung up.

Hyukjae never had the chance to say goodbye or I miss you too. He dialled a number and he shouted at the top of his voice when the lines connected, “What the Kyu!”