Seismic movement

The cure for my sleeping pain

Hello wonderful people!

First of all, thank you AnnaLee89, kch626, bluerose_24, PURPLEDREAM_girl and hyukbear for the upvotes and thank you everyone for the awesome comments!

Second of all, do not get used to the quick updates! This is a relatively long one so the next one won't be coming in as fast *I do apologise...*

But upvotes and lovely comments do help inspiration and encouragement! *hint hint* which may speed up the process hehe *evil smile*

Enjoy my pretties!

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

Donghae looked at Hyukjae like he was mentally impaired. At this point, Hyukjae thought the same about himself.

“I was erm… asking because I thought… maybe you are going to walk back home… or something… that is all.” Hyukjae was looking anywhere but at Donghae as he stuttered. Donghae smiled and said, “Of course I am going to walk back home, that is what I do most of the days after work.”

Hyukjae asked very timidly, “Do you… perhaps… want a lift?” Donghae looked very surprised, obviously not expecting the offer, but he smiled anyway and answered, “It’s far away, I am warning you now so u can back out.”

Hyukjae gave a small smile, “Don’t worry, my friend left me and I can’t sleep because it is too hot for my liking. Also, this hotel is like a tepee.” Donghae laughed and said, “Well then, if you are fine with it then let’s go!” Hyukjae went back for the car keys whilst Donghae waited downstairs.

When Hyukjae returned, he paused as he saw Donghae lying on the car.

His heart went wild.

Even in the dark, Donghae was one of the hottest human beings he has ever seen. He was used to seeing good looking people but, they were all fake with a lot of make-up and expensive clothing, but Donghae was all natural.

Donghae looked at him, and Hyukjae immediately snapped out of his trance and got into the car as quickly as he could. They travelled in silence. Hyukjae did not have anything to say, and when he looked over at Donghae after a certain amount of time, he found that the other was fast asleep. Thank god he asked for the address before they started driving, so now he can just rely on his Sat NAV to guide him to Donghae’s home.

When Hyukjae heard the words, “You have reached your destination” he looked around, blinking, closing his eyes for a second before opening them again in shock. He could not believe that people still occupy houses like the ones he was seeing in front of him. This was by far the poorest area he has ever seen people live in.

He was looking at the houses, unintentionally with his mouth wide open, when Donghae started moving. He hesitantly put his hands on Donghae’s shoulder to wake him, but before he could shake him a little, he looked at his face. Donghae was undoubtedly the most handsome man he has ever seen, and seeing him this close just reassured that even more.

He was moving closer to Donghae, admiring every feature and becoming into some sort of trance of amazement. Just when their faces were just inches apart, Donghae suddenly opened his eyes and Hyukjae froze.

Donghae smirked sweetly, “I know I am good looking, but you took it too far.”

Hyukjae jumped back to his seat and stuttered, “I-I was t-trying to erm… w-wake you up… you l-looked l-like you just… died.”

Donghae smiled, “That is so funny! Everybody comes out with something like that.” Hyukjae looked away in embarrassment.

Donghae then asked, “Do you want a cup of coffee before you go back? You look very tired.” Hyukjae nodded, “Yeah… that would be nice…”

They walked together to Donghae’s house, which was in a very poor state. Hyukjae noticed that the door was not locked and he asked, “Are you not scared that people will steal your stuff?”

Donghae looked at him with a strange expression and answered, “I think even thieves feel sorry for me, because I always discover new things inside my house rather than things going missing… like that for instance!” and he pointed at a pie on the table. Hyukjae looked at the pie and saw a note on top of it.

“Oppa! Please accept my love… this pie is only a token <3”

“What is it with you and all the girls that are in love with you?”

Donghae shrugged, “frankly, I don’t really know…” Hyukjae noticed he was being sincere and honest, not actually knowing why, which was absolutely ridiculous! How could he NOT know! He unintentionally blurt out, “Maybe it is because you are the most handsome man anybody has ever seen!”

After he said those words, he felt like a school girl in front of his crush and she had just confessed to him. His hand were shaking and his face went bright red, his ears going purple. Donghae looked at him and asked, “You really think so? I always thought maybe it was because I was funny…”

Hyukjae’s head dropped but without breaking eye contact, and he had an expression saying “You have to be kidding me!” He said in a serious tone, “Sorry to burst your bubble… but you are not funny.”

Donghae pouted, “Take it back!” and he started walking closer to Hyukjae. Hyukjae moved back until his back hit the wall. He gulped and asked nervously but also with a joking like tone, “Has anybody ever told you how funny you are?”

Donghae stopped and he looked into his eyes. Hyukjae was feeling more and more uncomfortable and nervous as Donghae moved his face closer to his. “You know… I never noticed, but you are such a good looking man, even if your head is on fire.”

Hyukjae looked at him with wide eyes. Donghae just burst out laughing. Hyukjae’s face was now really red, matching the shade of his hair.

They were still standing very close to each other, until Hyukjae’s phone rang. He fumbled with it as his hands were still shaking and he managed to answer it after a few attempts, “H-hello? … yeah… I am out… well, that is for me to know and for you to wonder about!... Yeah I will be out for a while… bye.”

Donghae looked at Hyukjae and said, “If you want to stay here you are more than welcome. you can stay in my parent’s room.” Hyukjae did not react or even answer. He just followed Donghae to the designated room. Donghae told him which room it was before going to get some essentials for him.

Once Hyukjae walked into the room, he was left shocked once again. This room was like walking into a parallel universe. It was so nicely decorated and very clean. It was full of pictures of the three of them, Donghae and his parents.

Hyukjae was stuck looking at the pictures when Donghae appeared from behind him and said, “Here are a pair of PJs for you to sleep in.”

Hyukjae took them and then looked at Donghae with confusion, “What is with your clothes?”

“This?” Donghae looked down at his attire, which consisted of bright yellow dungarees and a blue top.

“These are my work clothes! I am a fisher man like my father. I need to go though, the guys are waiting for me since I just called them.”

He looked at Hyukjae with a warm smile, “Thanks to you, tonight I can actually make it, otherwise I would have missed another day at work…” He hugged Hyukjae, startling him, and whispered, “Thank you.”

Hyukjae, who at this point was completely mute, didn’t know what to do. But before he could react, Donghae let go and left after a few short seconds. He then heard voices outside, laughing and talking, and one of the voices said, “Did you bring another nurse?”

He heard Donghae was trying to make them stop or be quieter, but it did not work. In the end, they finally left and it was silent.

Hyukjae was feeling lost.

He did not know why he decided to stay, he was tired yes, but he has been tired before. He knew it was something to do with curiosity, about this guy who seems to be innocent one minute and then a complete ert the next.

So did he really bring nurses here?

To his room?

He walked to Donghae’s room, he opened the door and found that the room was a complete mess, but once again he could see pictures of his parents all around. He started to have a peek around, he knew Donghae would take a few hours before he came back.

In the corner of the room, he found a violin. Hyukjae wondered if he played or if he had given up, if he was good or just started practicing. He kept researching for things, until his phone rang and made him jump, he looked at the caller ID and realised it was Kyuhyun.

He felt sudden anger when he read that name, “What?!” He answered annoyed, “Oh now you remember me? No I am not at the hotel, I am far away from the town! Well, call a taxi! I don t give a !”

He was mad at Kyuhyun. He always left him alone. Whenever they somewhere he would always make friends and then ditch him at the first opportunity, and then most of the time he would ask for a favour later on. This is actually the first time he is the one not coming back.

He lay down on the bed and started to read a book. He did not realise how tired he was until opened his eyes and realised it was morning, not remembering when he fell asleep. His mind was heavy, his eyes barely open as he tried to get used to the sudden light in the room. He tried to move around, and that’s when he realised that he wasn’t alone.

He looked over, his blurry vision capturing a body next to him. He blinked his eyes, wondering what happened… and then he realised that the person beside him was actually Donghae.

He jumped out of bed. He looked at the man sleeping in his work clothes… once again, he looked dead. He moved closer, kneeling next to the bed. He just stayed there, looking at this rare man for god knows how long. He was incredibly beautiful. Even under the natural light, messy hair and rumpled clothes, the straps of the dungarees undone and lying on the bed… he was in his vulnerable, peaceful and true self… yet he was more perfect than any other being in the world.

Finally, he decided that it was time to go. He was trying to abandon the room when suddenly, Donghae turned in his direction and opened his eyes.

“Are you leaving?”

Hyukjae just nodded.

Donghae closed his eyes before opening them just barely, “Can you give me a lift? I need to go and see my father… if you don’t mind…”

Hyukjae nodded again. Donghae sat up in the bed and swung his legs over whilst Hyukjae stood at the door. Without saying another word, Donghae took off his shirt and threw it on the bed. Hyukjae stood there without moving, seemingly paralysed to the ground. Donghae stood up and started to the sides of his dungarees when he looked up at paralysed Hyukjae and smiled.

“Do you want to watch?”

Hyukjae gulped, his eyes wide and his body went stiff. Before Donghae could utter another remark, Hyukjae ran to the other room as fast as he could.

A few minutes later, Donghae appeared and asked, “Ready to go?”

Hyukjae just nodded. Donghae looked at him with a pitiful looked and said, “One night in a poor house and you are mute…” Hyukjae stiffened and tried to say something but nothing came out and the moment was gone now.

They came out the house and got in the car. It was a silent as Hyukjae was driving them back into two, no one instigating a conversation or even bothering to try. All of a sudden, the ground started to shake.

Hyukjae shouted, “! An earthquake!”