Moving in together

The cure for my sleeping pain

Another chapter!

Yaaay!

Thank you QuoVadis for the upvote and thank you everyone for the awesome comments!

Enjoy my pretties!

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

Getting the room at the hotel was not that easy.

So many people were asking for a room because they had lost their houses due to the earthquake. But in the end, Hyukjae had to change his room with the most expensive room in the hotel, obviously it was very nice, it had a large balcony and it had a lot of space.

The room itself was the entire top floor. It consisted of two bathrooms, one big room with a double bed, for Donghae and Hyukjae, and then one smaller room with a single bed for Donghae’s father. It was a business suite, so there was supposed to be an office but to accommodate us, they changed it into a small bedroom.

The living room was astonishing. It had a glass table in the middle, with two white, soft couches on opposite sides. The floor was wooden, an oaky colour, and the French windows that led to the balcony was covered by light, white curtains.

The décor, even if was a little out of date, still retained some of the magic of being the best room in the hotel.

Hyukjae was pleased with the room, it was truly wonderful. He sat on the feathery sofa as he waited for Donghae and his father to arrive. He was surprisingly very relaxed about the situation. He tried to rationalise this feeling but he couldn’t. Everything just felt, natural.

Donghae and his father finally arrived, Donghae pushing his father in a wheelchair. They were very shy, but Hyukjae made them feel very welcome. Hyukjae was in the middle of tidying the room for Donghae’s father, which made Donghae very confused since it was already tidy, but he saw Hyukjae moving things around, almost perfecting the room. He also put some of the stuff they brought in specific places and specific draws, putting them neatly away as if they had to be there in this certain way.

Hyukjae’s phone then suddenly rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey, where are you man?”

“Well I told you, I was not near this place… yes, I did change my room… you can stay in yours if you want… I don’t care, see you tomorrow.”

Donghae looked at him and asked, “Is everything alright?” Hyukjae replied heavily, “Never better!”

 

The nurse came late that day to give the medicine to Donghae’s father. After she left, however, his father was violently sick, running temperature and Donghae was in pieces seeing his father suffering like that. Donghae and Hyukjae were running back and forwards to his father’s aid for at least for two hours before he managed to fall asleep. Both of them sat on the sofa and tried to calm down.

After a few minutes of silence, Donghae said, “I will go and look for something to eat, what do you want? I am paying.” Hyukjae smiled, “Whatever you eat I will eat, I will go and check on father in the meantime.”

Hyukjae went into the room very carefully and quietly, he saw the figure sleeping on the bed. Before Hyukjae could leave the room, father turned and spoke quietly, “Hyukjae… I will never be able to repay you for what you are doing for me and my son … you are a nice soul… if anything happens to me… please look after my son… or at least keep an eye on him… he is a nice boy… but he is also very innocent… and he doesn’t measure his actions… please promise me that…”

Hyukjae looked at the older man and asked, “Do you realise the implications of what you are asking of me?”

He smiled, “Yes, I am… I have seen the way you look at him… he is a very good looking boy, he attracts more attention than what he wants, he hates being valued for his looks… his friends are the only real support he gets at the moment… he is a noble soul… if you manage to earn his friendship… he will die for you… he is the friend everyone wants but only a few manage to have…”

Hyukjae was contemplating the proposition of Donghae’s father, until the father started to shake. He asked Hyukjae, “Please… a bowl…” Hyukjae ran and got a bowl the nurse brought before and the father was violently being sick again. He was turning purple and Hyukjae was massaging his back to try and help him.

At that point, Donghae arrived. When he saw his father, he dropped the bags and ran inside the room. He helped his father to sit up. His father smiled at him and asked, “What did you bring that smells so nice? Let’s eat!”

Hyukjae was standing there without moving. He could not believe how he was able to control his sickness in front of his son to not make him sad or worry. The love he has for his son left Hyukjae with such and incredible feeling, he was amazed yet hurt, nobody ever loved him as much as this man loved his son…

Donghae was so scared when he saw his father vomiting like that, thank god it was quite a short period… they ate together on a small table the hotel provided for them. The father was asking Hyukjae so many questions and Hyukjae was doing his best to answer every single one of them.  Donghae then whined, “Dad! Can you please stop? What is wrong with you? Why are you so into Hyukjae’s life story?”

The father look at him and said, “The father knows the reason, but the son doesn’t have to.” Hyukjae laughed at the statement and he tapped the older man’s back and said “Well played father, well played.”

 

Donghae went for a shower whilst Hyukjae was writing up some work. He then heard a knock on the door. It was the nurse with the medicine for the night. Hyukjae went to look for the pot, when he came back the nurse looked very angry and said rudely, “I am afraid this is not your choice, Rosy is busy today and I have offered to come, can’t you be nice?!”

Hyukjae came in and asked, “Why are you talking to father like that? Who do you think you are?”

She was taken back at Hyukjae’s presence, but then asked, “What is to do with you anyway? And why do you call him father?”

It was now Hyukjae’s turn to be taken back. He did not know how to answer, he just stood there until Donghae appeared from behind, shirtless, and said, “Because he can do whatever he wants to do! He has mine and my father’s permission to, and if you don’t mind, can you get on with it! I need to go to work!”

She looked so ashamed. She injected Donghae’s father and she did it in a very rough manner, everyone in the room noticed. After that she went out and she turned to Donghae, “Can I talk to you Donghae? In private?”

Donghae followed her whilst Hyukjae stood near Donghae’s father putting a wet cloth on his head. He knew what was coming, but his hands were shaking and he dropped the bowl. He went to get more water, when he saw the nurse with her hands, or claws in Hyukjae’s eyes, on Donghae chest. Donghae looked impassive, expressionless.

“Think about it… I can help more than what you think… I am on very good terms with the director, and-”

Hyukjae interrupted and said, “It is time for you to go.” and walked in between the both of them, his back facing Donghae as he glared at the nurse. Donghae tilted his head so it appeared next to Hyukjae’s and he smiled, “You heard him, he is the owner of this room, so you need to go now and I need to go to work.”

Hyukjae opened the door for the nurse and when she was out, he closed the door and kept a hold on the handle, because he knew he had to face Donghae know. He knew there would be questions that even he doesn’t have answers for.

Panic took over.