Missing you again, already

The cure for my sleeping pain

Welcome back wonderful readers, this is luna2moon here, long time no writing!
I have some news for you, Panda2Koala is going to university! Let's all wish her the best, for the best beta anyone could wish for.
She will still check my work, but we will give her time to settle down first.
I am happy to see my babies together, the photograph with matching caps made my day, my month and my coming year as we wait for them!
Jongosh, get better soon!
And thank you Yunia-chan for the upvote and thank you everyone for the encouraging comments!
Love you all!
Enjoy <3

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

 

Minutes felt like hours.

Hyukjae turned really slowly around to face Donghae, who still didn’t have a shirt.

Donghae smiled at him, “You look so worried! Don’t. That woman is not worth the stress.”

Hyukjae looked at Donghae, relived but also a little stunned.

Donghae sighed, “I don’t like her. I never did and I never will! But she is my problem, so let’s leave it at that.” Hyukjae nodded, relived he didn’t ask any questions.

Donghae then added, “But… thank you for defending my father… and thank you for everything you have been doing for us…”

He came closer to Hyukjae, making Hyukjae freeze to the spot and his heart race. Donghae then gave Hyukjae a manly hug. Hyukjae felt a few ribs making a cracking sound. He pushed Donghae away and shouted, “Has nobody ever told you how to hug someone? Especially thin people! People who have delicate ribs! Because I am in that category you brute!”

Hyukjae frowned and hit Donghae on the shoulder, but it looked more like a paw of a kitten patting a ball of string. Donghae smiled and leaned closer to Hyukjae, and like a cat, he rubbed his head on Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“Thank you Hyukjae-ah!”

Hyukjae started smiling, he couldn’t stop.

“Now you are a cat?!”

Donghae looked at him with a smile showing his crooked teeth and said, “I can be whatever you want me to be baby.”

Hyukjae gently slapped him and whined, “That isn’t even funny!” Donghae laughed and Hyukjae added, “Be careful what you say… not only do I have sensitive ribs, but I also have a wild imagination, and you are also half saying you will be whatever I ask you to be… a little dangerous don’t you think?”

Donghae just smiled cheekily and Hyukjae couldn’t help but chuckle, “Okay Donghae, I ask you to be a fisherman and go to work!”

Donghae rubbed his head against Hyukjae’s shoulder once again before looking at him with a mischievous grin, “Your wish is my command!” before going to the bathroom to finish getting changed.

Hyukjae was smiling brightly, smiling uncontrollably and he couldn’t stop. He tried to cover it with his hand but his smile was too big. He felt like a schoolgirl, he felt something he has never felt before.

He was surrounded by cynical people in the media, so he made a shield around him to survive, a wall that no one could reach him through. But now, at least for another two weeks, he has lowered that wall and he can be himself.

The director of the TV station called him yesterday to tell Hyukjae that his time in this town would be extended for another two weeks because of the recent earthquake. But sadly enough, that does mean tomorrow he has to work.

Donghae suddenly appeared back into the living room, surprising Hyukjae and breaking him from his thought. Donghae was biting his lower lips and had his eyes like a puppy. He was beyond gorgeous.

Donghae sweetly said, “Hyukjae~ I know you like to abide by the law and everything… but this town works in a different way. I know all the police officers in this town, and they all like me. So… is there any chance… you can lend me your car?” Hyukjae blinked and Donghae clapped his hands together as he begged, “I promise you that it will be back in the same condition!”

Hyukjae put his hand in his pocket and passed him the key without even thinking twice.

Donghae smiled again and looked at Hyukjae happily, “This action deserves two rubs!” And he leaned in and started to rub his head against Hyukjae’s shoulder. He started to laugh and tried to push him off, but to no avail as Donghae leaned in harder to rub his head against him. “You are the sweetest, most idiotic person I have ever met! Just got to work you man child!”

Donghae laughed and Hyukjae pushed his cheek away, “See you in the morning.”

Donghae smiled, sneaking in another head rub before running out of the room. Hyukjae chuckled and stared at the door where Donghae had just left through, smiling stupidly. He then walked to Donghae’s father’s room, and he saw the older man smiling at him.

“You two are getting closer by the minute… I like that…”

Hyukjae felt heat rising in his face.

“Your son is a-dork-able! It is impossible not to like him…”

“At least you like him for what he is like rather than for what he looks like.” The older man answered back. Hyukjae, still smiling, said, “Donghae is much more than a pretty face… he is the entire package.”

The older man patted on the bed, a space next to him, and said, “Come sit with me son.”

Hyukjae walked to the bed and sat down so that he was facing the man.

“We need to talk… I need to tell you why the nurse was so upset when she came… I have been hiding a few facts about my condition and the nurse wanted to tell Donghae, but I don’t want her too. The other nurse, Rose, she knows and understands that I don’t want to worry Donghae or make him suffer before the time comes.”

Hyukjae looked at him with sadness, “Father, don’t say such words… they hurt me.”   

The older man let out a big sigh, “Son, you need to be strong for Donghae… my days are counting down, they are limited, the medicine isn’t working… and that horrible nurse is trying to force me to tell Donghae… but I will not tell my boy that… I will not make him suffer a minute more than he needs to… and you… you are being nice enough to take responsibility of your friend in need… when the darkness blinds me completely… when I am no longer here… you will be… and my Donghae will rely on you… I can feel it…”

As the man was speaking, his words were engulfed by the sound of heart breaking sobs coming from Hyukjae.

Hyukjae, with trembled voice, said, “I never met my dad… but my mother said he was a kind and lovely man… I was raised by a step father who hated me… since I met you… you remind me of my real dad… and now I am going to lose you too… I will be all alone again… an orphan… unwanted… again…”

The father guided his hand to Hyukjae’s head, and soothed Hyukjae’s head, gently rubbing his hair until the night drowned the sobs, until Hyukjae became exhausted.

“I’m sorry son…”