Almost there

The cure for my sleeping pain

Thank you xXSUPERAXx, altanar, eunhae14 and RyubbitYoungHyun for the upvotes and thank you everyone who commented!

It isn't a very long chapter so apologies... but Panda2Koala has been very very busy lately :( we will try to update as soon as we can!

Love you all! <3

 

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

 

Donghae was so close.

He could feel his breath on his mouth, they were inches apart… Donghae leaned in quickly and just as their lips barely touched… the phone rang.

Both of them jumped.

Nervously, once Hyukjae regained consciousness, he moved to the kitchen counter to answer the phone.

It was the TV station, Hyukjae wanted to smack his head on the counter, but they told him that they needed Hyukjae immediately as there had been an accident on the motor way. A lot of people were injured and they needed a TV crew there, and since Hyukjae lived near the motorway, he would be the quickest to get there.

Hyukjae quickly told Donghae what happened and then left in a hurry. Donghae was stunned by everything, but he had a terrible feeling in his stomach that he couldn’t explain.

 

Hyukjae arrived at the scene, with Kyu already waiting near the accident. There was smoke everywhere, the smell was so bad. There were so many fire brigades around and ambulances. Hyukjae managed to have a couple of quick words with a few witnesses to find out what happened. A truck was stuck in the middle of the motorway, blocking a lot of victims from escaping.

Hyukjae, like always, walked closer to the truck with Kyu behind him filming everything which was being aired live on the news.

Donghae was watching the news as always now when Hyukjae was on. He watched as Hyukjae was so into the story that he did not notice that people started to run away from the area. Donghae was watching with wide eyes. It was a like everything was in slow motion. He screamed so loud to the TV “Move you idiot!”

 

But it was too late.

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were pushed by an invisible force and the transmission ended. Donghae was left just staring at static. It took a few seconds before he ran to the door, he could see the clouds of smoke from where he stood and fear rose inside of him.

He started running to the place where the accident happened but when he got there, there was only chaos. He was asking for Hyukjae, but they said all the casualties were being moved to the hospital.

Donghae felt like he couldn’t breathe.

He managed to get to the hospital where Hyukjae was being treated but there was now news.

 

After an hour of painfully waiting, one of the nurses informed him of Hyukjae’s condition. He was told that Hyukjae’s arm was broken and he dislocated one of his legs whilst Kyu had a broken leg and a lot of cuts as the camera broke near his face.

All the nurses were taking about the celebrities in the hospital, which was making Donghae feel really uneasy, especially with the amount of looks he was getting for just sitting there. He thought about his life before all of this, and how his life with Hyukjae is now.

He knew if he stayed with him it would always be like this, but did he want to live like this?

Is he ready for this life style?

He was completely absorbed into his thoughts that he almost didn’t notice a doctor that was standing right in front of him. The doctor smiled at him and he said, “You can go and see your friend now, he is awake.”

Donghae got up very quickly and bowed to the doctor before running to the room where Hyukjae was. He found the said man lying on the hospital bed, when Donghae opened the door, Hyukjae tried to sit up but Donghae quickly stopped him.

“You scared the crap out of me!” and he hugged Hyukjae tightly.

Hyukjae could feel the fear in the other one and for the first time in his life, he felt bad about his job.

He looked for Donghae’s eyes and he said “Donghae… I am ok... there is no point in getting worried… this is part of my job… are you ok now?”

Donghae put his forehead on the Hyukjae’s and he said, “Let’s get home please… I don’t feel that good.”

Hyukjae was lying with Donghae on the bed when the doctor came in. The doctor looked at them and he said, “Sorry guys to interrupt boyfriend time, but I need to talk to you.” They both sat up and Donghae stood beside the bed. The doctor began, “First things first, you are a very lucky man… apart for the obvious reason,” looking at Donghae, “but because you really have nothing serious wrong with you, you can go home tonight if you want!”

Donghae smiled and Hyukjae felt relieved.

Donghae helped Hyukjae to get dress like it was normal, whilst the nurse gave them a dreamy smile and then left them alone.

Both of them went to see Kyu and they found the other was having the time of his life chatting with the nurses. They left him in his haven and then took a taxi home.

When they got home, Donghae prepared something simple to eat and he helped Hyukjae to put some comfortable clothing on. The other one looked already very tired, so Donghae took him to the bed and lay down beside him.

Donghae kissed him on the lips, it was only just a peck, but he didn’t notice what he had done, but Hyukjae did. The other cuddled beside him smiling whilst Donghae was thinking, maybe, even after all of this, this is still the best thing that has ever happened to me.