Taehee and Baekhyun - Chapter 2

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

-Some Company-

 

 

‘This is the day…’

I walk into SM Entertainment, excitement making my feet move faster and less coordinated as they would usually be. I smile brightly at the beautiful young woman and handsome man that sit behind the reception desks.

“Hello, Miss. How can I help?” The woman asks with a sightly whiney voice, but it suits her petite face and slightly buggy eyes.

I clear my throat. “Hello. I’m Lim Taehee…I’m here to see-”

“Ahhh…” She interrupts and grins. “I knew I recognised you!” She stands, bowing a few times while giggling cutely. I notice the man standing now, smiling brightly at us.

“Please, head up to his office now. Take the elevator to the right. His office is marked on the buttons there. He is expecting you.” She giggles again and look over to her fellow receptionist. “Joon-Ah! Taehee-Ssi!” She hisses in excitement.

Her little excited way of acting was a welcomed sight to my nerves, holding back my thoughts of not being good enough or even SM material.

With a little more confidence and hope, I thank the two grinning greeters and head off the find out the answer to my next phase in my career.

 

I close the door, grinning from ear to ear.

I’m in. I’m a member of the SM family now. I am under the company I’ve been wanting to join since the beginning. This is it!

With jittery hands and my chest puffed with happiness, feeling like it’s filled with helium that's lifting me up, I dial my best friend.

“Hey, Tae!”

“Shin Hye! Guess what?!”

“Oh my god! You got in?”

“I got in!” I cry into the phone, unable to control myself anymore. “I just got out of the office! I signed it all and it’s done! I’m SM now!”

“Congrats girl! I'm so proud of you!” She sounds just as excited as I do. “So when are we going out to celebrate huh?”

“I can’t this weekend, but the next one for sure! Somewhere new!”

“You got it, Tae! Come to mine and get ready the Saturday night!”

I start walking away from the office door, suddenly conscious that I was being loud outside of my new boss’s door.

“So, I don’t really have any major schedule for a few weeks, but some meet and greets and some legal things still need to be taken care of…But Shin Hye…I’m so excited!” I jump a little as I walk down the hall, passing more casual desks and smiling at some managers and other members of SM staff.

“It’s so great, Taehee-Ya.” Shin Hye replies and I hear a voice on the other end of the call.

“Are you busy?”

“Oh…It’s just…you know…Um…Park Jae Ho…” She tried for an indifferent attitude, but it doesn't fool me.

“PARK JAE HO!” I giggle a little crazy like. All these emotions are making me a little mental with excitement. “Get off the phone!”

“It’s not like that, Tae.”

“Nope. I’m going. We will talk later!” I mean it, too. I am going to tease the hell out of her!

“Can we talk now?” The voice surprises me, but the face does one better. I nearly choke of my tongue, unable to act like a regular human all of a sudden.

Baekhyun grins at me, his black mask still pushed back under his chin. But his appearance, I’m guessing he doesn’t have any recorded schedule today. His is very casual, shorts on and sneakers. His face is bare of makeup and his reddish hair is flatter and not styled. 

And he is gorgeous.

I feel my throat tighten. “Ah…”

“Is that a no?” He asks and gives me a jokingly confused look before stepping a little closer. I swear to god, my heart just jumped in my chest with each of his steps. “Want to go get some coffee?”

I find myself nodding before I fully process his words. Baekhyun grins and nods down the hall. “Come on, then. I’ll buy.” He claims and passes a few people. “Hey Hyung.” He waves at one of the men. The second one turns to the sound of his voice. “Hey Jongin-Ah.”

Kai grins. “Hey Hyung. Oh, Jongdae Hung was looking for you earlier. Is your phone off?”

Baekhyun stops walking and quickly apologizes to me, effectively causing the attentions of both men to turn on me. “Yeah, it died earlier…Guess my charger wasn’t plugged in last night. Anyway, I’ll find him later.”

“Hello.” Kai grins. “I’m Kim Jongin.” Kai walks up to me and grins, his cute eyes thinning.

I smile back. “Hi. I’m Lim Taehee. It’s nice to meet you.”

“I love your shows!” Kai says and laughs shyly. “You’re really cute.”

“Ya, Kai.” Baekhyun calls and stands up taller to his younger member. “Stop being weird.”

“Weird?” Kai looks at me with a little stress in his eyes. “I’m not being weird…”

The two look at each other strangely and I can’t help but laugh at them. The three men turn to me. The older one, the one Baekhyun called Hyung and who hasn’t spoken, grins between us all.

Baekhyun smiles and steps away from Kai. “Dude, I’ll talk to you later. If you see Jongdae, tell him he can call Yoellie.”

Kai gives his goodbyes before turning back to the man he was originally talking to. Baekhyun on the other hand, gave the younger man a weird frown.

“Sorry about him.”

“What do you mean?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “He was weird…calling you cute like that.”

I look away, feeling a few weird emotions from that. “Oh…”

“Not that you’re not cute.” He rushes out, reaching out to me a little as we walk into the elevator. “Because you are. It’s not…” He groans. “So…I didn’t…”

He is so funny. Freaking out like that. His stressed little frown is somehow so adorable, I can’t handle it. I laugh again and he pauses, smiling slowly as he watches me.

“Anyway…what were you so excited about earlier?” He pressed the floor button he was after before turning back to me. “Did you see about moving here?”

I grin. “I did. And I am in. Officially.” I feel my lips growing wider. “I am so happy.”

“That’s awesome. Congrats!” Baekhyun calls and grips my forearm lightly while he smiles.

My breathing hitches with his touch, my eyes flittering from his mouth, to his eyes and back and forth. “Th-Thanks…”

“So, looks like we should get something better than just a coffee?” He says and pressed the floor button. “How about we go get some lunch? I’m starving.”

“Lunch?”

“Yeah…what do you think, Taehee-Ssi?”

I see something in his eyes toughen them as I don’t answer. “Sure. Yeah. That sounds good…” I blurt out, not wanting the look to deepen.

His smile soothes my worries immediately and he grins back at me. “Awesome. What do you feel like?”

I shrug. “Something spicy.”

Baekhyun grins again. “Let’s go.”

 

I sit opposite Baekhyun, food between us and the few customers in the building are old or young families that are minding their own business. Baekhyun is stuffing his face of meat and lettuce wraps as he speaks.

“So, did Kim Hae Shin talk to you?”

“Kim Hae Shin?”

Baekhyun nods. “She is who will probably be helping you move in smoothly. She is really nice.” He grins. “A really popular Noona.” I nod and take a piece of meat off the plate to eat.

Baekhyun puts down his chopsticks. “Anyway, I’m really happy you got in.” He says as he looks at his hands in front of him.

I smile at his hands, unable to look up as well. “Thank you Baekhyun-Ssi.”

“Did you want to maybe…drop formal speech?” He suggests, finally looking back at my eyes.

I nod, looking up, too. “Sure…”

Baekhyun grins, his mouth turning into the cute shape it always has. His eyes hold mine making my heart race and breathing trip in my throat. “Taehee-Ya…” He says softly and grins wider, making my stomach twist. “I like that better.”

I don’t know what expression I have right now, as I stare at him and try to process what is happening, but he is smiling so I don’t think I am looking too lost. I definitely feel it though.

His hand reaches out slowly. “Taeh-”

And that's when my phone starts ringing.

Baekhyun retracts his hand quickly with a shy and a little confused look. “Sorry. You should get that.”

Through nerves, I nod and rush for my phone. The screen flashes Kim Bum. I automatically look up. Baekhyun is staring at the phone, his playful eyes a little less so as he watches it ring out.

“I’m sorry.” I almost whisper, unable to get any force under my breath. I might be going a little mental with such a hottie across the table from me. But nothing sends me reeling like Kim Bum.

It’s not that I have feeling for him anymore…

He just hurt me…

I don’t know how to get over it properly.

“That’s okay… I’ve had a bad breakup too, a while ago.”

“What?” I frown at him before it all sinks in. “…Did I say that out loud?” I am almost just mouthing the last words.

Baekhyun smiles softly and nods. “Don’t worry about it.” He says and looks back down at the phone sitting on the table, black faced and silent now. “Does he want to work things out? Is that why he is calling?” His mouth twitches.

Should I tell him? It’s weird. It’s feels wrong to explain it to him. I don’t want him to feel like I am some broken girl…

“Sort of. It was a messy break up though.” I frown. “The food here is really good.” I lamely change the subject. Baekhyun nods and turn back to his food as well, knowing my very obvious change of subject was a little save for me and I needed it.

It takes a few more minutes for either one of us to talk. “Well, if you need to talk, Taehee-Ya…I’m here. We’re friends now, right?” He offers with a grin, turning back to his usual happy self. “Give me your number.”

I choke on some Tteoppoki and he laughs loudly. I try to smile though my choke educed tears as I open my phone.

The first thing there is the phone log of Kim Bum. Calls and messages lined up.

I exit it swiftly but there is no way he didn’t see that I agreed to meet him a few days ago for a talk over coffee.

With jittery fingers, I open the dial pad. Baekhyun smiles tightly and types his number in and sends himself a text of a smiley face.

“Done.” He grins, but something seems off with it, it’s not the usual bright and carefree grin he often wears.

Though he is acting a little off now, most likely from seeing Kim Bums name everywhere, I smile at him anyway. “Thanks, Baekhyun-Ssi.”

“Ssi?”

“Ah...Baekhyun-Ah.” I correct while focusing on his shoulder instead of his eyes.

“Much better.”

 

 

 

I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, my heart still finding it hard to slow down. All I can think about it sitting across from Baekhyun, his smile focused on me, his eyes locked on mine and his voice saying my name.

What is wrong with me?! Falling for someone so quickly!

No! I can’t have…it’s just because he is insanely cute and lately his stages have been really hot.

I rub my face roughly and groan. “Stop thinking like that!” I hiss at myself and cover my face with a pillow. My out eyes form a picture of Baekhyun behind my eyelids.

Groaning, I throw my pillow across my room just in time with my phone ringing off. I reach lazily for it, expecting a message from either my mum, congratulating me, or Shin Hye.

‘Hey, it’s Byun Baekhyun. I hope you got home alright. You were a little red at lunch.’

I read the text with no emotions. I’m thinking that they are slow because I’m not 100 percent sure I’m reading right. Red? Like I was being shy? Well…that makes sense for when I’m around him. I go a little haywire.

He sends another. A sticker. A winking one.

Choking, I fly up into a sitting position. “What the…” ‘Is he teasing me?’

‘Hey. I must have been hot…’

He replies fast. ‘You were...”

Simple. Torture.

I stare at my keyboard. What should I write back? I’m not really that good at teasing people…

‘You weren’t red…I guess you’re not hot.’

I send it and squeal. What did I just say!

‘I don’t know…why don’t you come over and ‘see’ for yourself?’

Another comes though before I can send mine.

‘We should hang out again soon.’

Another.

‘I can show you how hot I can get ;)’

I laugh out loud. He is a flirt! I massive text flirt!

‘We’ll see about that Byun Baekhyun.’

His next text was about needing to go do some schedule with Chen and Xiumin. So we said our goodbyes and I let the phone drop from my hands.

 

 

The next week goes by in a blur. Thursday is the day that I am taken around and shown everything and everyone that I need to meet in the company. I end up being shown by Kim Hae Shin. Baekhyun was right.

Hae Shin-Ssi takes me to a door. “This is the gym if you feel so inclined.” She grins. “There are people in here all the time. Might be a good place to meet people.” I nod. “Have you gotten along with anyone yet?”

Baekhyun came to mind. “Umm… Byun Baekhyun-Ssi.”

“Baek!” She coos. “He is such a sweetie!” She takes my hand. “You have good taste, my dear.” She claims and starts us walking again. But her beautiful looks, I feel like her calling me dear was too much for a lady her age. She looks so young.

“How old are you?” She asks, as if she sensed I was wondering the same thing about her.

I smile. “25. A 1992 liner.”

She turns to me. “I thought you were 22!” She pinches my cheek affectionately.  “You’re so beautiful!”

With red cheeks, I hold my face and shake my head. “No way. But thank you. You are so beautiful. I’ve already heard that you are a very popular Eonni here. A Noona the boys all love…” I say and wink.

“Trust me dear, with new beauty like you walking around, they will soon forget a soon to be 50-year-old like me.” She laughs loudly, a cute sound really, and refocuses on the tour. “Come on, dear.

I can’t believe she is nearly 50. No way.

 

“This is the way down to EXO. They do most of their training down there. You will most likely find someone down there through the day.” She says and looks back down the hall. “Like now.” She waves. “Chanyeollie! Baekhyunnie!”

The sound of Baekhyun’s name perks me up as well as makes my chest constrict. The two call back out to Kim Hae Shin as they rush to her side.

“I’ve heard you two have met, but Chanyeol…this is the new addition to the family. Lim Taehee-Ssi.” Hae Shin introduces me and takes my hand. “Isn’t she more beautiful in person!”

Baekhyun grins. “Hey Taehee-Ya.”

“Hey…” I almost whisper, my lungs deciding to not work right again. He looks amazing. He is done up this time. His red hair is styled, his face covered in light makeup and his eyes lined darker than natural. He grins, flashing perfectly white teeth.

“Nice to meet you, Lim Taehee.”

I snap out of it, dragging my eyes from Baekhyun and to his taller friend. I am being so rude! “Oh, Hello! I’m Lim Taehee. Nice to meet you!” I bow deeply and it makes the three laugh.

“You getting shown around then?” Baekhyun asks and stands a little to the side. I notice a camera man trying to get past him.

“Yeah.” My eyes follow the small one handed camera until it was turned and focused on the two men in from of me. “Are we interrupting?”

The camera is me suddenly. I jerk back and laugh nervously. “Sorry…we can keep going…”

“Hold on Hyung…” Baekhyun says and the man nods, taking the camera down and bowing at me. He mutters a greeting and gives Chanyeol a slap of the hand on the way past.

“Don’t do that. Go finish that…” I say and try to take a step backwards.

Chanyeol grins and doesn’t let that happen. He grips my forearm and pulls me forward. “No way. We are all friends here right? Let’s hang out.”

“Boys, I need to take her to see her new manager…” Hae Shin warns them, crossing her arms.

Chanyeol groans. “Noona! Let us take her!” He whines and pulls me under his arm, draping his long and surprisingly heavy arm across my shoulders. I look to Baekhyun for help, but he just grins and winks. I am suddenly reminded of his very teasing texts. My face starts heating up and I'm sure my cheeks are reddening. 

Kim Hae Shin groans. “You boys will be the death of me.” Sighing, she turns to me. “Honey…You happy to go with these monsters?”

Hah! Monsters.

Looking back at Baekhyun, then up at Chanyeol, I nod. “Sure.” 

Hae Shin gives me a knowing look. “Why did I even ask.” She waves us off. “Take her right there. She needs to finish this all. Call me when you two have your fun.”

‘Have their fun?’

Baekhyun pushes at Chanyeols arm, effectively knocking it off and freeing me. “How have you been. Haven’t seen you for a few days. Not been in the company building much?”

Chanyeol snorts and walks on my other side. I swallow thickly. Nerves are playing games as we walk, me being flanked but two very attractive idols.

“Not really. I still had some things with clear up with my old company and my manager. He is really sad.”

“I bet he is.” Chanyeol mutters and winks down at me.

Baekhyun eyes Chanyeol funny. “Anyway, we are happy you moved here.”

“I know you are.” Chanyeol mutters with laughter in his voice. Baekhyun reaches around me and shoves his friend.

“Stop being a .” Baekhyun’s words just make the tall man laugh louder. “So do you know who your manager is going to be?  We probably should have asked Noona...”

“Oh Jin Ho-Ssi…”

“Jin Ho-Ssi?!”

For some reason either the name or Baekhyun’s reaction to the name has send Chanyeol into stuttering laughter. It earns Chanyeol another hit.

“What’s wrong with him?”

“Nothing. That's the thing.” Chanyeol says and Baekhyun gives him a look.

Baekhyun clears his throat. “No. He is really good. He used to manage a friend of mine, before they left for some time off. Anyway. He is really…”

“Good looking.” Chanyeol adds then cringes to the side, preparing for the next hit. It doesn’t come.

I give Baekhyun a weird look. “He is…good looking? That's what’s funny?”

“No. Don’t worry about it, Taehee-Ya. Anyway, he will take care of you.”

“You got that right.”

“Seriously, Yeol-Ah.” Baekhyun groans and rubs his face. “Stop.”

Chanyeol holds his hands up in surrender. “Fine. Hey. It was lovely to meet you, Lim Taehee.” He gives Baekhyun a nod over my head. “I’ll see you later, Man.” He turns his eyes back to me. “If he tries anything weird, let me know. I’ll come teach him a lesson, okay?” He says to me before winking.

“I swear to god, Chanyeol.” With that threat from Baekhyun, Chanyeol giggles and hurried back the way we came.

We watch him go before either of us start walking or say anything. I can feel the weird and embarrassed vibes coming from Baekhyun.

“He is nice.”

“He is a giant demon. Let’s go.” He grins and we set off again.

“So, what’s Oh Jin Ho-Ssi like?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “He is really nice. He is a good guy so you should be fine if he is your manager.”

“That's good then.”

Baekhyun looks over at me, almost facing me completely with his body. I eye him and he turns away again. ‘Why is he being so weird today? Because of those texts maybe...’

“Did you want to go get some coffee later?”

Baekhyun looks at me with a sad smile. “I really want to…but I need to finish some stuff here. I will be busy all night…”

“Oh.”

“It’ll just be me and Chanyeol though… So if you get bored or something… You could drop in?”

I try to hide my smile. I don’t want to come off like some weirdly eager person. I olny  met him a little over a week ago…

“Sure…I might do that.”

“Awesome…so this is Jin Ho-Ssi’s office…” Baekhyun knocks. “Don’t stress. He is really laid back.”

The door opens and I feel my mouth drop open. The man smiles and I almost melt. He is gorgeous!

“Hello, Miss Lim Taehee.” He looks at Baekhyun. “Hello not Hae Shin Noona…” He winks at me. “Baekhyun-Ah. What’s up?”

“Just helping Taehee-Ah around…”

“Ah, well, Thanks Man. See you later?” He opens the door further. “Come in, Taehee-Ssi. I’m Oh Jin Ho, It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” I look at the door closing, watching Baekhyun go out of view. His eyes are on mine as he smiles softly and waves. The door clicks closed and I can’t help but frown.