Taehee and Baekhyun - Chapter 7

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

Unfortunately, Shin Hye ended up getting some last minute schedule so it seems like I won’t get that company I was hoping for today. But spending a lazy Sunday at my mangers house didn’t seem so bad. He left me at 8pm. He woke me with no apology at 7am, telling me that the cupboard and fridge is mine to raid, as it the bathroom and lounge room to be used as much as I needed.

Even though I felt like I needed an extra ten hours of sleep, I thank him, giving him a hug, which he returned long and tight. He muttered his goodbye before letting me go and pats my head as he headed out.

After he leaves, I head straight back to bed and used the silence and blackout curtains for a few more hours.

Once I felt like sleep won’t come anymore, I pull myself out of the bed around 10 and head in for some food. I down some water with my simple breakfast before opting for the shower.

Like my sleep in, I take my time in here too. I sing softly, not caring if it wasn’t that great, and wash my hair with my manager’s shampoo. I realise this is the smell that always surrounds him, not cologne. It’s a nice scent.

The hot water pours over me, my skin prickling and buzzing from the temperature that may be a little too hot to be comfortable. I don’t take notice of it though. I just want to stand here and space out.

All I can think about is Baekhyun. His kisses. His hands on me. How much I loved it. I can’t do it. I can’t bring him into something with will make a scene. He doesn’t deserve it. I can’t make things hard for him, I care about him too much to hurt him just because I have feelings.

I frown and rub my burning face. I have feelings for him, but he kissed me too. He had been flirty and so caring towards me… I know he has feelings too. But I don’t think I should let it happen… Not when it ruins things.

Groaning out loud, I shut the hot water off and let the now freezing water surround me. I gasp, the shock of the extreme temperature drop making me shudder.

Stopping the water flow completely, I rush out of the shower and start drying myself. If Baekhyun mentions anything about it, I’ll talk to him about it, clear it up so it won’t happen again. But if he doesn’t, I won’t either. The kiss has woken a need in me, a need for him, but I will ignore it to save from hurting him and his group.

 

By 4pm, I decide to check my phone and stop acting afraid of it, as if Baekhyun can jump out of it and appear in the room with me. Though I know he can’t teleport through the phone, I was suspecting that he has messaged me. I was proved correct when I notice a few new texts from him.

I read them and force my twitching fighter to sit still and not reply.

 

‘Hey Taehee. How are you today?’

 

‘I hope you’re not feeling too sick today. Did you

think maybe we could meet up later today?’

 

‘Listen, I’m sorry if you feel like last night was a

mistake…but I really want to see you…I want to

talk about what happened… I don’t think it was

a mistake…’

 

I reread them and feel a weird twisting in my stomach growing worse as I do. I don’t want to hurt him by ignoring him. Though I don’t want to make it seem like last night was the right thing to do either. But…I don’t know! I am confused and annoyed and I don’t know what to do with what happened!

I guess I should talk to him. That was the plan… But there is no way in hell I am meeting up with him to talk about it today. Texting is as close as I’m getting to him right now.

 

‘Hey Baekhyun-Ah. I’m sorry for leaving like that. But I feel like I shouldn’t have done that last night…I can’t bring you into something messy.’

I send the text and jump when the reply comes in a few seconds. He must be watching his phone… When was that last text sent? It was hours ago, wasn’t it?

‘Is this about Kim Bum?”

I felt my face grow hot again.

‘No! It's got nothing to do with him!’

‘Then what’s the problem? I don’t know if you got this from last night, but I really like you. I thought you felt the same.’

I don’t know how to put it over text, so I decide to put my phone down and ignore the next text that come through. It’s mean and maybe childish, but I am lost in what to do right now. I do feel the same. I really like him. A lot. So much that it hurts to not go with what happened. But I can’t do it.

All this is making me tired and my hung over body doesn’t like that, so I turn the T.V down and lay on the couch, happy that I snagged a pillow from the bed before coming out earlier. A little sleep might do me good.

 

I am woken by hands on my shoulders and a soft voice calling me. I open my eyes to see a tired looking Jin Ho hovering above me. I am grateful for the interruption in my sleep since I was dreaming of a certain singer with a boxy smile.

“Hey.”

“How are you feeling? Have you been crying?” Jin Ho asks, noticing my red eyes and the tissues around me. “What happened?”

I sigh heavily and sit up. “Nothing. Just things with Baekhyun are weird.” Jin Ho knows that I’ve been spending a lot of time with Baekhyun, that we are getting close and maybe he can see that we have feelings for each other. The need to talk to someone is getting stronger and he is the only one around at the moment.

“Oh.” Is all Jin Ho says as he wanders around the room, picking up the tissues. I don’t know how they got so far from me. Did I throw them or something?

“Sorry, Oppa… Did you want me to go home now?” I rub my sore eyes and keep them closed.

“Not really. You can stay again if you’d like.” He comes to sit next to me, making me open my eyes to look at him. “Didn’t you need to get clothes or something though?”

I nod. I do need to go home, really. I’m in a pair of Jin Ho’s pants and his oversized shirt. “I guess so.”

Jin Ho takes my hand and stands. “Come on, I’ll take you home. You can either stay there or come back with me, it’s up to you.”

I thank him as we leave his apartment and head to my place. I find myself smiling in the car, thinking how lucky his girlfriend is for having such a loving and caring boyfriend.

 

I opt for staying home and after offering to stay with me, I send Jin Ho home with a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I told him I’d call if I need him and he was satisfied enough to leave after that.

I hated trying to sleep and didn’t end up falling under until 4am with the last thoughts of how bad I will look for my photoshoot tomorrow.

 

Jin Ho arrives a little earlier than he needed to pick me up, not rushing me or anything, just to be around. He was just helping me get ready, I guess. I ignore my phone, even Shin Hye, as I head over to the venue. I keep getting texts and I know it would be Shin Hye asking about today, judging by the frequency that they are coming in. Nobody texts that many times in such a short time. So I quickly answer her and then put my phone on silent.

Rude but I don’t really care right now. I need to concentrate for the shoot soon anyway.

 

As the shoot goes on, I notice people walking in and out of the area, buzzing about and getting ready for something that isn’t involving the current photoshoots. Most of my co-cast has left, leaving me to do my solo photos.

I have managed to keep a level head these past few hours, that is until I see Shin Hye and Baekhyun walk in. Together.

I feel my mouth drop open and both of the two grin at me. What the hell are they doing together?! Here?! And what’s with that simultaneous grin!

“Taehee-Ssi, please concentrate.”

I snap my head back to the photographer and nod. I try my best to ignore the two watching me as I finish up the photos. Which is very hard to do with Baekhyun in the corner of my view and filling up my head completely. His lips on mine and hands roaming my body.

“Good! I think we’re done, thank you Taehee-Ssi!”

I seriously slouch and sigh a long breath of relief.

 

Now I am realised, I rush over to Shin Hye. “What the hell is he doing here?!” I hiss at her and she shrugs, continuing to eat the food Jin Ho bought for me. The shrug Jin Ho gives me when I turn to him was comical. I try not to laugh at him. Push over.

“I ran unto him in the other room. He was already here. He looks god too, hey?” She looks over at Baekhyun and waves at him.

I smack her hand down and growl as I speak. “Don’t! What if he comes over!”

“What are you, 13? Talk to the man! He is freaking out! I speak to him and all he could do was ask if you were okay? He is stressing out, Taehee. Do you even know how much he feels for you? I saw it in five seconds.” I barely notice Jin Ho moving away, giving us space to talk.

I frown at her. Yeah, I know he likes me. I really like him. But Shin Hye knows how much a hate scandals now since Kim Bum, and she know that I never want to do that to anyone again.

“Before you launch into another rant about scandals! Go talk to him. At least turn him down properly…Don’t hurt him more by ignoring him.” Shin Hye says, knowing what I was about to say. “I still think you should give him a chance though. He obviously is crazy for you…”

“But…”

“I don’t care about your hate for scandals! Don’t be so shallow. That man over there is so worried about you… And I can see how much you like him, too Taehee, so don’t try to play it down. You were near hysterical last night and you wouldn’t have been if you didn’t care about him.” She pats my arm softly. “Talk to him.”

Though while Shin Hye is talking, Baekhyun has made his way over to us. He smiles brightly and reaches out for me. I don’t move as he takes my hand softly. I should have, but I didn’t. I just let him take it, and god does it feel nice. His hand wrapped around mine. IT fits so perfectly and I can feel a warmth spreading up my arm.

“Hey Taehee-Ya. Can I speak with you?” He looks over at Shin Hye. “Hey, sorry…Just want to steal her for a little while, is that okay?”

Shin Hye grins. “She’s all yours.” I don’t miss the meaning Shin Hye held in her words and judging by the blood of red growing on Baekhyun’s cheeks, I don’t think he did, either.

“Thanks.” He mutters and pulls me away, to the side of the large photo studio. There are a lot of people walking around, but they aren’t even paying any mind to us.

I try to calm down as I stare at Baekhyun. After last night, everything about him is heightened. His eyes are brighter, his lips more inviting and his hands so much more perfect, I want them on me, all of them, all of him.

“Taehee-Ya…” He says softly and smiles a little sadly at me. “…About the other night…”

I didn’t think I would have much of a voice but I speak up before he can continue. “It’s fine…I think we should just forget it happened.”

Baekhyun flinches and an ache runs through me when hurt flashes across his face. “…what?” His hand releases mine and I twitch, wanting to take his hand back.

After seeing him react to my words, his voice sounding so meek, I almost back out of my decision. Almost. “Baekhyun-Ah…I don’t want to hurt you…I can’t sit here and drag you into something that will hurt you in the end.”

“So you’ll just hurt me now?” He frowns. I can hear something in his voice, something like he doesn’t believe my words maybe. “I don’t think you mean that.” He takes my wrist and steps forward, his frown falling away. “You won’t hurt me…and doing this…stopping it…it will hurt you, too…”

A weird buzz starts up in me and the air between us fills with static, like I can feel it swirling around us. I should move away, pull my hand from his and walk away before something happens.

But I can’t bring myself to move.

“I don’t think you want to end this…”

“I do…”

“I think you’re just scared…”

I shake my head, but I am scared.

Baekhyun grips my hips with his other hand and takes that one last step to meet me so close that I feel his breath on my face. “I think you want this as much as I do…”

I can’t bring myself to voice anything. I can’t do anything but stare up at the beautiful man that is making my body weak. I shouldn’t be here. But I want to so badly. I want to be held and I want to hold him.

“I have a photoshoot in ten… I want you to wait… Will you do that?” He asks, lifting a hand to brush his fingers so softly across my cheek. “I want to talk about this.”

I find myself nodding before I make a thought-out decision. But it’s too late to fix it because Baekhyun nods and takes a step back. I try not to let myself lean at him, as much as I want to.

“I have to go meet Chen and Xiumin for our shoot…I’ll text you when I’m done.” He leans in, setting my body on fire as his lips brush my temple. “See you soon, Taehee-Ya.”

I watch him go, heading out the way to the change rooms.

 

It takes me a few minutes before I gain control of my body again. I look around for Shin Hye and see her chatting to Jin Ho. I watch them talk, oblivious to what just happened between Baekhyun and I. They are both eating my food now. Thieves. I notice no one is looking my way. No one is talking or looking, or taking photos. These people aren’t going to look and try and ruin things…

‘Maybe keeping relationships hidden from the public would be easier than I thought…’

Before Shin Hye or my manager notice I am standing here, I rush into the hall Baekhyun disappeared into. I barely notice the people I pass, looking for the room he might be in. I don’t really know why I want to talk to him again, but I feel like I need to say something else, whatever that might be.

I almost pass the next person without another look, but I recognise him and slam on the breaks. “Hello, Jongdae-Ssi.”

“Oh, hello Taehee-Ssi, how are you?” He grins, his lips curling at the sides.

I nod. “Good, thanks. Ah…where’s Baekhyun?”

Chen points to the next room I was about to pass. “He should be in there.” He smiles back at me. “Are you here for a photoshoot too?” His eyes drag down me as he smile brighter. “You look good.”

“I just finished.” I try not to blush.

“I see. Well, I need to use the bathroom actually. So…” He laughs. “Baek should be in there, see you around?” He waves cutely and heads off in a rush. I feel little bad for interrupting him on his way to relieve himself.

Sighing heavily, I try to get some confidence before I continue. I should knock, but it doesn't cross my mind as I open the door.

Xiumin is standing with his back so me, fitting a jacket on as he talks. His voice stops as he turns his head over his shoulder. His large eyes are filled with confusion at the sight of me. I ignore him and my eyes fall on Baekhyun. His standing still, his shirt in his hand as he faces Xiumin from across the room. Since he is facing Xiumin, and in turn, facing me, I have a perfect view of him.

I feel my throat closing up as heat fills my face and colours me red. This is the second time I’ve walked in on him without a shirt on. What is wrong with me!

But it takes me a few seconds to register I’m staring. I’m staring at his chest, his abs, his arms. His face. His face that is smiling at me, his eyes that are bright and playful.

“Hey, Taehee.” He calls, his voice a fraction huskier than usual. I choke out an apology and slam the door, spinning on my heels and bounding to the change room I was occupying.

It is only a minute later, as I am still trying to catch my breath and my sanity while leaning on the back of the door, that a soft knock sounds.

“See you later, Taehee-Ya.” Baekhyun says softly and I can hear the smile in his voice. He was worried about me? What, he is so worried that he can tease me so easily. Worried… As if! If I didn't know better, I’d say he is really enjoying my insanity right now.

As I let out a shaky breath, I think maybe I didn’t know better…

 

 

 

 

A/N
I think I should get an award for the most infrequent chapter uploads ever!
Never on time and now three getting posted!
Why do I even bother trying to make a schedule? (ㅜㅅㅜ)