JB and Jung Sun Hi - Chapter 1

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

For ajafighting! I hope you like it! <3

 

 

-Friends of friends-

 

I follow my manager into a large apartment, his step bouncing and his whistle singing a happy tune. If I didn’t know better, I’d say we were off to visit his lover, not a friend. But either way, I am happy. I like meeting people, so I am excited. Or is that too strong of a word when there is someone like my manager with me. I’ve never seen the moody man so giddy. I guess now I know the way to please him, give him his friends.

As we stop at the right door, 204, my manager turns to me. “Now have I told you how this is? Who he manages?”

I look at my manager, Kim Soo Hyun and all his late thirties glory. He is good looking for his age but he could work on his social skills a little. Sometimes he is such a drag.

“No. Actually.” Now that I think about it, I haven’t asked a thing, despite being told minimal things about this man. Usually I wouldn’t shut up about questions. Like, why haven’t I met him? How long have you know him? What does he do? Does he work in the industry too? And probably two million other questions.

Doo Hyun has obviously noticed too. “Weird…Why aren’t you asking? You’re usually so curious about everything…” He shrugs. “Oh well. This is Got7’s manager…”

“Oh!” I nod, feeling more comfortable, and also not, by the thought of it. “I didn’t know you knew them.”

“Well, actually. I just don’t see them often anymore.” He knocks. “I think he has one of the kids over, too.”

As Soo Hyun trails off, the door opens to an insanely handsome face that I recognise well.

“Jaebum-Ah!” My manager pulls JB into a hug. “How have you been, kid?”

I try not to look too surprised, but when JB tightly hugs my manager back, I can’t help it. It just looks weird. My sort-of-unfriendly manager hugging people I didn’t know he knew. It’s so weird…

“What is? Sun Hi-Ah, stop being rude.” He grips my wrist and pulls. Did I say that out loud just now? My manager tugs again. “Come meet him. This is Lim Jaebum.” He turns and grins at JB. He doesn’t look that happy when he faces me…what the hell. “Jaebum-Ah, this is my kid, Jung Sun Hi.”

“I can introduce myself, Oppa…God…I not 16 anymore…” I pull my wrist away and clear my throat. “Please excuse my weird manager…I guess you know how he can be…”

JB laughs and I think I saw a little bit of heaven. Seriously though, how is he this hot in person. I think he actually looks better looking in person than all those photo shopped and edited things you see. And that laugh! Apparently his laugh is just as perfect as his voice. Class A first impression right here.

I on the other hand have all but yelled at my manager and called him out for being ‘weird’. Not so good on the first impression, I’m thinking.

“You’re right. Hyung is weird. But you seem to fit well together.” He teases and winks. Now it’s my managers turn to laugh. I make a mental note to rip into him later.

“Come in, Hyung…Jung Sun Hi-Ssi…” He opens the door wide and watches me walk in. I can feel his eyes on me and its making me feel hotter by the second.

“Seunghoon-Ah!”

“Oh, Hyung! Come in! Jaebum-Ah let them in!”

“I did!” JB yells out, his voice carrying very easily. I bet he is really loud when he wants to be. I walk in behind my manager and feel JB walking behind me. The apartment is nice, cool air from the air-con and a warm and delicious smell coming from the kitchen. Something else delicious comes out from the kitchen too.

‘Hellllllooo GOT7’s manager!’

“Hey, Hyung!” He puts a tea towel down on a table after wiping them clean as he walks over to us. His smile is large and so cute. When the hell?! He looks like an idol himself! I thought Soo Hyun was a decent looking manager. Looking at Seunghoon-Ssi, apparently not!

I focus back on the people in front of me in time for his hand to reach out to me. “Hello, Jung Sun Hi-Ssi, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’m this kids’ manager, Seunghyun. Don't worry about formalities. Seunghyun is fine, or Oppa.” He winks.

“Ya, Hyung…” JB groans and knocks his foot into his managers.

Seunghoon nods. “Okay! I have some food coming. I didn’t know if you wanted to stay long, by we are starving…”

“I can eat.” Soo Hyun says and turns to me. “She hasn't eaten yet…so I bet she would eat everything in the house.”

I glare at him. Oh he is so getting it later. I am going to wish he never started managing me. Mark my words…

“I’d hate to see the bill if you two went out eating then.” Seunghoon says to JB and I. “I’ve never seen anyone eat as much at this kid.”

JB grins. “Not going to apologize. I get hungry.”

“Agree.” I glare once more at Soo Hyun. “We’re staying then?”

My manager is already looping ay arm around the taller man, at least he is trying to, and walking away as they start up a conversation and my words go unanswered.

“I’d take that as a yes, Sun Hi-Ssi.”

I look over at JB and shrug. “I guess so.” I rack my brain for something to ask before it goes too quiet. Should I mention their new album? Or is that too… You know what, no it’s not. At least it’s something, right?

“I like your new song.”

And…he beat me too it.

I smile at him and grin while when I notice his two little moles above his left eye. Cute. “Thank you. It’s a little different from how I usually do things…” It is quite a bit rock-like opposed to my usual pop sound. Personally, I think I my voice sounds better with pop, but I’ve always liked rock better.

JB nods. “I know. But you sound really good. I think you should make more music like that.” He says and grins.

I nod. “Thanks…I like Turbulence…it is really good…” I cringe internally at myself. Why do I sound so automated, like I am here to kiss his ? I snort. Not that his doesn’t look kissable. I mean, look at him!

“Thanks. Are you okay?” He frowns, looking at me hard. “You made a weird sound…do you need water?” He slowly drops the frown, looking more and more amused by the second.

I cover my mouth. Oops. “No, sorry. I’m okay. Thanks.”

“Sure thing…wanna sit down? Hyung barely uses his couches and they are so comfy.” He nods towards the living area and takes the recliner. Taking one last look the way my manager disappeared, I wander over and opt for the long couch in front of JB.

“This is a nice place…” I comment, hoping to start some sort of conversation.

JB shifts in his seat, coming to lean his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped together softly. I can't help but notice everything he does…

“Yeah I actually like hanging out here sometimes. Gets me out of the house with the kids. They can be so loud…” He chuckles softly, obviously recalling one of those moments. “Do you have roommates?”

“No, I live alone.” I shrug. “I would live with Soo Hyun Oppa, but I think it would probably raise more rumours…”

 JB nods. “Ah, yeah. I’ve heard about people thinking strange things with you…that …I know him and that's not his style.” He shrugs. “But I guess that's one of the prices we pay for being in the spotlight, right?”

“Yeah, for sure.” I relax into the couch. Oh, yeah! That is a really nice couch… “What the hell…why doesn’t he use these couches?”

“Right! They are awesome! The number of times I’ve fallen asleep here…”

“You should see Soo Hyun Oppa’s couches. They are so old and tough now…I actually prefer the floor.”

“Are they still the light brown ones?”

I frown but smile through it a little. So JB has obviously been over his home once before... “Yeah, they are...” JB laughs and I can’t stop my lips from stretching into a grin. He is so beautiful when he smiles…

He shakes his head. “That would be right… I remember those from years ago…”

I laugh with him and I realise I have completely relaxed now. “What about the rumours with Kim Sung-”

“Not true. I’m not dating anyone. He is a friend. I don’t even see him that often either…” Okay, so that was a little bit of a lie…because I do see him often enough, but I can’t help it. I am always telling people that I don’t so they drop it…which they mostly don’t anyway.

JB nods, a smile growing on his face. “Good to know…”

I watch his eyes and I want to look away so bad, but I can’t. They seem to always be a little intense, but right now it’s something else. His grins crookedly and sits back, eyes still drilling into mine. “His loss, right?” He finally breaks the look and I almost fold in on myself, as if his eyes had a physical hold on me.

Trying to bring myself back to normalcy, I clear my throat and eye the weirdly abstract painting on the wall to keep me from gawking at him. I take a few long, slow breaths. “Well, we are friends. That's all we want, so nothing is lost, really.” I want a change in subject because I never like talking about this, it’s always brought up. But more so, JB’s eyes have gotten really hard to keep looking at because I feel like he is somehow digging into my soul or something. But I still want to stare at them.

“I’ve heard things about your manager, actually. I heard he was as handsome as you guys. Could be an idol with his looks and all that. It’s true! He is a hottie…” I wink at him and suddenly feel my confidence and joking manner drain, seconds after getting the guts to use it. JB was still looking a little too intense and that was enough to shrink me. Maybe I shouldn’t talk about his manager like that? He is hot though…

JB breathes out a short laugh. “Yeah, the fans often turn their cameras on him, too…”

“I bet…”

He his head to the side. “Maybe there will be rumours of you two soon?”

I nearly choke on my breath. “Not likely!” I give him a weird frown and he grins wide, his eyes turning into almost nothing. He went from super intense to cute as hell in a few seconds.

A text alerts him and he mumbles an apology as he answers it, fingers flying across the phone. “It’s Jackson…he wants me home…”

I snort at them. So cute… “That’s adorable.” I stand and JB’s eyes are back on me. As nervous as I feel under them, I think I like it… “So…I don’t want to be rude…but I was actually in the middle of convincing Soo Hyun Oppa to buy me a burger before I eat him…so maybe we could get some of that food that is torturing me with its smell….”

JB laughs as he stands and comes close. “I’m getting hungry too. Come on.” He rests his hand on my back and leads me to the kitchen. The skinship is friendly and normal enough, but I feel very hot under his hand. I look at him as we walk and he grins down at me politely.

‘I bet he doesn’t even know what he’s doing…’

“You’re red…are you okay? Do you need some water?” JB turns to face me and leans down a little bit. I suddenly become very aware of his height. Is he doing this on purpose?

I cover my cheeks and walk past him. “No, thank you.” Some Soju would be awesome. Maybe it would calm me down. Red! HA! Maybe if he didn’t look at me like I’m something to eat…or…whatever he is doing…

“I’ll get it, sit down. Did you want to go out on the balcony with the Hyungs?”

I shake my head. “I get enough of that guy out there. Your manager is hot, but it doesn’t make up for the other presence out there.” I tease and JB laughs, again. I like that sound a lot. I like the face it belongs too better.

“Okay, let’s go make use of that couch.” He winks and collects the food, taking to the coffee table. I shake my head, hoping he didn’t see me thinking of other things ‘making use of the couch’ could mean. Somehow I have gotten my head stuck in the gutter.

What is wrong with me today? I don’t usually act like this with people. Even in humanly attractive ones. He is doing things on purpose? What the hell am I thinking? I am going crazy…

I frown at myself and makes a silent promise to relax and act like a normal person.

We sit side by side and down almost all the food JB got out. I hope there was a lot more left, because we ate so much…and the managers haven’t eaten yet. When I’m with others, I don’t eat like I would normally would when I’m with Soo Hyun or alone. I pace myself and eat smaller portions. But when I saw JB digging in like he hasn’t eaten for a week, I decided to go for it.

“How old are you?” JB asks, mouth full of rice…I mean full.

I try to stop a laugh from forcing my smaller, but not by much, mouthful of meat. “Born in 1993…May.”

JB eyes me. “No…”

“Yeah. I’m your Noona.”

“Hell no.” He shakes his head. “You can’t be…”

“Aww? Jaebummie doesn’t like having Noona’s?” I tease with a poke to the shoulder. His frown tells me I might have gone too far with the pet name…

He chuckles darkly and shakes his head. “You’re not that much older…” He shoves my side playfully, retaliating. “I think I’m more of an Oppa to you, don’t you think?”

“Nope.” I grin and shove a mouth full of rice in. Something happens then, because JB snorts out a laugh and points to my lips. When I frown in confusion, he reaches up and wipes it.

His thumb rubs my bottom lip softly and his eyes turn smouldering and intense. “You have rice…”

I lean away and rub it again, a weird buzzing feeling growing under his touch. What the hell…is this some sappy drama or something? “Thanks.” I make a mental note to slow down with my eating.

JB leans back and clears his throat. “We just met today? Sorry. I totally forgot what I was doing...or something…” He laughs nervously and looks at me again, the intensity of his eyes dulling. “Weird right?”

I don’t know if my head is nodding or shaking. A little of both, I think. “I don’t know…It’s okay…wait…” I frown and JB smiles sweetly. “Let’s move on.”

“Sure. Do you have siblings?” He asks, his face looking like it was happy and sort of surprised to offer the question. I grin back.

“I have a little sister.” I grin. “So I’m an Eonni…as well as your Noona.” I tease, making his face scrunch up around his grin.

JB nods, moving past the tease. “I don’t have any siblings. What’s your sisters name?”

“Jung Soo Hi. She is born in 1997.”

JB puts a piece of meat on my rice absentmindedly, not even noticing himself, that he did it. “Same age as the kids.” He says and it takes me a second to remember that a few of s are younger.

“What are your members ages again?”

JB shoves more meat into his mouth before answering. “Mark Hyung is 1993…like you…” He makes a weird face. “I still don’t believe you, by the way.”

“You’re in denial.” I say and pat his shoulder. Muscles. “Why can’t I be older?”

He eyes me and shrugs, my hand lifting with his shoulder. I flinch and remove it before it gets weird. “Next is Jackson, Jinyoung and I in 1994…then Youngjae in 1996 and the kids, BamBam and Yugyeom in 1997…”

“I guess I should meet Mark one day.” I say off hand and JB makes a weird sound. “No?”

“No, that's a good idea. He is pretty quiet though.”

“That’s okay. Maybe I can be friends with him, what do you think, Namdongsaeng?” I say out of being a little prick. I can see that he isn’t enjoying being younger than me, but I think it’s hilarious!

JB bites his bottom lip and nods. “I think that’s a great idea, Noon-” He growls and it turns into a yell. “Nope! Can’t do it!” He laughs. “You should just call me Oppa…”

“Not happening, Namdongsaeng!” I say and turn to face him, hoping my teasing will get the best of him.

JB has me too, his teeth still biting his bottom lip. His eyes are all strong on mine again. “Just you wait, Jung Sun Hi, it will happen.” He leans closer. “I will make it happen…”

I shiver. He notices and a slow, pleased grin crosses his face. My eyes navigate to his duel moles on his eyelid out of fear of getting caught in his strong gaze. I feel like I should say something, or shove him back a little. Usually I can give people my thoughts, no problem. But his is something else. He is deactivating me, making me turn into some helpless and enchanted little girl. Maybe Oppa is more suited…

I’m not going to give him the pleasure, though…

“Kids!”

JB smirks and leans back, turning back to his food. That little brat! “Hyung!” He calls out to his manager. “She is already calling me Oppa, how’s that?”

The look on both of the manager’s faces was pure confusion. I don’t think, I just turn around and wack JB on the arm hard. “Am not…you are something else, Jaebum-Ssi.”

“Ssi now?” He says and I hear some chuckling coming from the older men behind me. JB winks and I’m sure he was hiding from their view as he did it.

“I see you two are getting alone…sort of…” Seunghoon-Ssi comes to sit across from up, in the recliner JB was occupying earlier. “Good…”

My manager on the other hand decided that he wants to squish in beside me, forcing me to move closer to JB. Just what I needed.

I shift down and my legs are centimetres from touching JB’s now. Why am I so aware of that, I do not know… Well, maybe because he has been looking at me like nothing else and smiling like he does and laughing with his incredibly addictive voice…Among other things…

Then he shifts his legs out. One is pressing against mine now…

“How much did you eat, Sun Hi?!”

My weirdly happy buzz drops at the accusing voice beside me. “I ate...a lot…actually…” I drop my moody tone and frown. I really did…

“Really? Maybe you’re getting over your eating thing…”

“Eating thing?” JB asks, mouth full of more food, leg still touching mine and he seems completely oblivious to it.

I glare at my manager and he leans back on the couch, backing down from the conversation. “Never mind. Eat up, Sun Hi…” He says and gives me a weird look. “You only look like you’ve eaten a horse or two.” He eyes the almost empty table.

“.” I hiss and make a show of taking the biggest piece of meat left and facing him to eat it. “It’s good.”

“Well, do you mind if we have any?” Seunghoon asks and leans towards us. With the addition of the handsome man to the conversation, I drop my attitude. “Sure, go ahead! Sorry we ate so much!” I push the food closer to him. “Should I get more?” I stand and Seunghoon shakes his hand.

“That's fine, thank you, Sun Hi-Ssi. Please sit.”

I take a few steps. “I’ll be back!”

“Did you want some help?” JB asks, starting to stand.

With a smile and wink, I turn him down. “Don’t worry, Namdongsaeng.” I don’t see it, but I hear the collective stutters and giggles from the managers.

 

By the time we get ready to leave, it has been a few hours, I am ready for bed and by the sleepy look in JB’s eyes, I’d say he was ready for bed too…

I stand near the door, Soo Hyun hugging his friend goodbye. I smile at the handsome man as he pets my head once. “It’s lovely to meet you, Sun Hi-Ssi. Visit again soon.”

“You too, Seunghoon-Ssi.” I bow. “Thank you for having me.”

JB hugs Soo hyun too, letting him know that he will call soon. I watch him back from my manager and come close. I don’t register his movements until his arm is around my shoulders, his side pressed into mine. “Give me your phone?”

I look at Soo Hyun, who is saying his good byes still, he is not paying any attention to us. Somehow I feel better that he isn’t. Not that I’m doing anything wrong.

With excitement and nerves buzzing in my stomach at the feeling of him latching onto me, my hips pressed into his, I pass him my phone a little too eagerly. He grins, turning his face away slightly to hide it. Again, I am irritated and confused by my behaviour with JB. What is wrong with me?

Trying to forget I all but shoved the phone into him, I watch him dial a number. He calls it and grins when his phone starts singing out loud. “Thanks.” He passes the phone back. “I’ll talk to you soon then?” He lets me go and winks. “See you soon.”

We start heading out and he keeps his eyes on me the whole time, making sure that I feel as stuffy and flushed as possible.

 

When I finally make it home, past 11pm, I get a massage from a certain intense someone…

‘He wants to meet up?’ I smile, texting back quickly, agreeing on the time and place he suggested. ‘Looks like I have a personal schedule tomorrow…’

As I lay back, looking at my ceiling another message comes through. A selca. JB is barely in shot, only one eye and some hair. But that one eye was enough to make me flush hot… ‘This man is trouble, for sure…'