Taehee and Baekhyun - Chapter 3

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

Chapter 3

 

-Chicken-

 

 

By the time I finished up with my new manager, Oh Jin Ho, it was long past 7pm and I was already feeling tired with the day. Though the day was long and stressful, some things come out of it that I am so glad for. One, I’ve met people today that I didn’t really think I would have…and two, I have signed for my introductory drama with SM Entertainment.  

I am to start filming in two weeks!

 

Since I have nothing to do right after finishing up, I decide to take Baekhyun up on his offer. I mean, I can’t be blowing people off, right? I need to make friends. Baekhyun is offering…

That’s what I tell myself anyway, to keep away the thoughts of other relations I could have with him. Not that I think I can… he is Byun Baekhyun after all. The boys of EXO seem a little too out of reach really.

But man, is he cute…

“What am I doing?” Frowning down at the blue carpeted floor, I whisper to myself angrily. I’m acting crazy. Maybe I should just go home…

“Or I can just act normal…” I mumble and nod once. I can do that, right?

 

Here I am, forty minutes later, Bags of Chicken, snacks and drinks in hand and I’m staring at the door. There is no thought of opening the door. There are plenty telling me to drop the bags and run home though.

“Hey, here to deliver Chicken? Sweet. Thanks. How much is that?” Chanyeols voice sounds from behind me and he grins when I crane my head up to look him in the eyes.

“You know…you look like someone I met today.” He takes the bags. “Yum, smells good.” He winks and swaps the bags into one hand, seemingly easy despite their heavy weight.

I snort at him, finding his teasing a little silly. But he is funny, I’ll give him that. The killer smile kind of works in his favour too.

He opens the door. “You don’t look like the usual delivery girls, how about you come in and eat too?” He props the door open with his body and waves his hand in front of him in a large gesture for me to enter. “I’m sure Baekhyun would love some more company.”

I smile and walk ahead of him, feeling my nerves pick up again. Even his name sends shivers down my spine…

Then I see him. What was I feeling just now? A shiver?

Baekhyun is shirtless. Shirtless.

He moves in front of the mirror, dancing to Monsters chorus, his eyes trained on his own, sweat dripping. I tear my eyes from him and look at Chanyeol. I feel a little panicked and by the humoured look on Chanyeols face, I’d say I must look it too. I stutter out a noise, making the tall rapper snort out a laugh.

I only now realise that Chanyeol is quite sweaty, too. Though he has the mind to keep a loose singlet on, unlike his shorter friend. At least I am able to look at his without choking on air…

“Oh, .” Baekhyun’s laboured voice calls both our attentions. I don’t know if it was Chanyeols laugh or if he saw us in the mirror, but Baekhyun has stopped dancing.

I try to keep my eyes from staring as he hurries to chuck on a shirt. “Hey, Sorry. I didn't know you were coming now. Did you message me?” He walks close. To the table, I realise too late for me not to imagine a million different things he might have done if he were to come closer to me.

Apparently seeing him shirtless and sweaty has rendered me completely mental. I should not be fantasising with my first possible friend from my new company. The last thing I need to a scandal. After all the I went through with Kim Bum…I can’t do anymore.

I clear my throat, realising he has greeted me and asked me things and I still haven’t said a word. I feel like if I turned, I would see Chanyeol grinning like a Cheshire cat, for some reason… I don’t want to confirm the suspected.

“No, I actually forgot…I was going to as I was heading inside, but the bags were a little heavy.”

“They really are. What did you buy?”

“Chicken?” I answer, turning my eyes on Chanyeol. I realise for the second time in the past few minutes that I can control my breathing when looking at someone other than Baekhyun.

“Must be some fat chickens in here.” Chanyeol says and passes the chicken past me and to Baekhyun. “Ya, put these on the table. I’m going to get some-actually never mind. I think some are here!” He turns from us, off to find whatever it is that he needs.

I let my eyes follow Chanyeol, choosing to stay safe.

“You finished up with Jin Ho-Ssi late then? I didn’t think you were going to come…”

My chest thumps strangely but I turn to him none the less. I might be nervous and weird, but I don’t want to be rude…

“Yeah, they have me lined up for a drama already. We were hashing some stuff out. I guess they want me to get straight in, huh?”

Baekhyun grins when I make eye contact with him. “A drama already?!” He perks up, despite his obvious fatigue from the dance practice. “Are you the lead? What drama is it?” He frowns slightly, as if he is trying to recall something he may have heard about an upcoming drama.

“Ah, yeah…actually. It’s Hope’s Winter Solider.” I shrug. “I’m playing Hope…”

“AH! Yes! I did hear something about a new solider one SM was doing!” He grins. “Good on you!” He pats my shoulder, his hand burning my skin for the few seconds he rests it on me. “Oh, you got changed.” He scans his eyes down me and suddenly the rest of my body is as hot as where his hand touched.

I laugh nervously and notice Chanyeol walking back, cups in hand. His smile starts growing as he watches me struggle.

“I…yeah. I had some other close with me…” I pat down my mid-thigh red skirt and eye my thin black Satin blouse that is loosely tucked in. My long thick cotton cardigan reaches past my shirt but it is oversized and not meant to close at the front, so my clothing is easily seen. No one will mistake me for not wearing bottoms at least.

“So cute…” Baekhyun whispers so low under his breath and I almost don’t hear. Needless to say, my face is now truly on fire. I bet my cheeks match my skirt.

“Let’s eat.” Chanyeol pipes up and pushes in between us. I let out a long shaky breath and the giant of a man is already watching me, a cheeky grin on his face. He winks and starts un-boxing the food. “Okay! Our new friend, Taehee-ya! First pick! Want some wings? Legs? ?”

I grin up at him. I might be timid sometimes, and I might be acting like a complete nut case with Baekhyun for some reason –that I don’t want to admit- but when it comes to chicken…

“I want a hot wing, for sure. Then everything else is fine with whatever. But that spicy wing is mine.” I point at the one that looks like it’s spicier. I’m not sure what it is, but I just love my hot wings… If I could have it my way, I would take the whole spicy side…

“Okay! Spicy for the lady! Did you want any of the other chicken? Or just the hot?”

“You guys have some too!” I say and grin up at him. It’s really easy to talk to him now, for some reason. I might have something to do with him blocking my view of Baekhyun.

“You what I like, Yeolie.” Baekhyun says and starts opening the sides and the bottle of soft drink. “Want some, Taehee-Ya?” Baekhyun pokes his head around Chanyeol and smiles.

I look down at my wing. I feel like the spice would have a weaker effect than Baekhyun is having on me right now. I’m 25! For crying out loud! I should be able to look at an attractive man and still speak…and breathe…

Then I frown and look at Chanyeol. He is hot as hell. He is tall and cute and muscly and funny… He ticks a lot of boxes…but I act pretty okay with him.

“Taehee…” Baekhyun waves the large bottle of liquid sugar and smiles softly. “Earth to Taehee-ya…”

“Oh, yeah, thanks. Sorry…”

“What’s he doing?” Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol accusingly.

Chanyeol holds his hand over his heart and looks at us innocently. I get the feeling he is usually guilty when he does that, but I know this time it was on me, not him.

“No, I was just thinking…” I defend Chanyeol and smile. “Never mind.” I take the cup from Baekhyun as he nods. “Thanks…”

“No problem. Ya, Chanyeol-ah, can you turn that down? Or off?”

I awkwardly follow Baekhyun into the middle of the room and sit on the floor with them. Since they don’t have seats in here, we have collected what we wanted from the meals onto spate plates and then piled what was left into the two chicken boxes and have them sit in the middle of us.

“So, you excited to start working?”

“They already have a drama for her.” Baekhyun answers for me when he sees that I have a mouth over full of chicken. I try not to feel too heart-broken that I he had to notice that. I tent to eat too much when I’m nervous.

Once I swallow the equivalent of around three bite, I clear my throat. Another nervous tick of mine. “Yeah, I start in two weeks.”

“Two weeks! ! Rushing that one! I hope they don’t over work you too much…” Chanyeol says and shoves some pickled radish into his mouth. “I say ‘too much; because I know that will…that's all.” He winks. “Hard truths, right.”

Baekhyun nods. “Don’t let them push you too much.” He smiles and puts a piece of kimchi on my food. “We will always listen if you need to talk, right?” He leaves it open for Chanyeol but the food in his friend’s mouth stop his voice. He opts for a nod.

I smile. “Thanks, guys…” I brave it and look right at Baekhyun, our eyes meeting. My heart seriously feels like it’s flipping around in my chest. “I really appreciate it…” I smile and Baekhyun smiles back, slowly.

“So…I think I might head off for a little bit. I need to go talk to Hyung about some things regarding my recordings… Will you two be right?” He stands, taking his plate with him. “Sure you will.” He doesn’t gives us the chance to answer. “See you later, Man. Taehee-ya, see you soon I hope.” He winks and heads to the door.

Baekhyun doesn’t argue or attempt to keep his friend here like I know I would have, and how I wish he had done. Instead, he is still looking at me while he picks through his food.

I hate that my mind is imaging him coming closer or flirting. I hate that I secretly want that to happen…and I hate that I actually really, really don’t hate those ideas…

 

Though I felt like my heart was trying to punch its way through my chest and my lungs didn’t really want to function right, I found it really nice to talk to him. After a while of being alone with Baekhyun, I was surprisingly talkative. He was too, but that seemed like a part of his personality, really.

It wasn’t until we were heading out that I started to seize up again.

I stand at the door, my hand bag on my shoulder and my phone tightly clutched in one hand. Baekhyun stands a little too close for regular conversations. Or was it just my imagination?

“So, I’ll see you soon?”

“Definitely…Actually, are you busy tomorrow?” Baekhyun asks and leans on the door frame, facing me. I only now realise I am pushes against the door frame, too.

“Yes.” I came out before I thought about it. It was true, at lease.

Baekhyun grins and pushes off the frame, he doesn’t seem to mind the sudden close proximity.

I, on the other hand, can’t seem to draw a breath.

His hand finds mine, the one without the phone, and he smiles. “I’ll text you?” I think I’m nodding. His smile turns soft and his eyes relax. “Okay, I’ll see you later, Taehee-ya…” He leans close, closer…

Then he pulls away, clearing his throat.

My eyes find a man walking by, young and handsome. A member of the NTC groups, TaeYong, I think. So, a boy, really…

The fact that Baekhyun had acted so weird when he walked by made me freeze. What was he doing? There is no way he would try anything…we just met. He wouldn’t anyway! He was not about to kiss me! No. Way.

Baekhyun clears his throat. “Anyway…I’ll talk to you later…” He smiles and his fingers brush mine. “Bye…”

“Bye…” I can’t bring my voice over a whisper.

 

 

 

A/N
So, I hope this is going in the right ways you were after jjongblingbling! I have 10 chapters lined up for this so I am hoping it covers all you asked for! I am sorry for the infrequency of the chapter uploads, also the word count. I will try to get two chapters out a week...and keep more consistant with the count. :D
(Also...for any spelling errors...i'm sorry. I have spell check and all that...but I have a bad habit of writing words iIdidn't mean too...Spell check doens't help me with that one. Thats just me and my fingers wanting to writing something else..)

P.S. I am so happy with my first two requests! They are both my Bias from both of the groups in question! :D Like minded people unite! hahaha Seriously though, it makes it that little be easier and much more enjoyable. :D
<3 I hope you guys are enjoying <3


Teelei <3