Daehyun and Regina - Chapter 1/3

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

 

A/N 
 I First off, I want to apologise for all this extra time I had off! I have been so busy with Christmas,
my boyfriend’s birthday, new years and work that I have had very little time lately.
My work is insane over the Christmas holidays… Not a very good excuse, but it is what it is.
I will do my best to get a chapter of two stories out a week. My time just isn’t allowing any more than that.
Please understand!
Again, I am so sorry I have taken all this time off!



 

 

 

-Show me-

 

 

 

 

Regina is proud of where she has gotten in her short life so far. Being a 22 –soon to be 23- year old Idol assistant is something she has strived for since starting her studies. Not only has she gotten the job she had always wanted, but when she was told she had the job, to make is that much more perfect for her, she was to be the assistant to B.A.P. She has always loved them since their debut, and now here she is looking after them.

It’s been three months already since Regina had started for work as their assistant, and so far there has been some challenges she was not fully prepared for. Some were simple, tough situations that the boys got themselves into. Maybe something to do with drinking and playing up, having to collect them in the early morning, soju on their breath. Or times when she can’t manage to get them to their commitments on time because they are messing around and sometimes she can’t control them. She is younger than some, the same age as some, too. It’s not easy work.

But them there are other times. Times when she notices that they are tall, handsome and charming as anything. Of course, being the playful boys they are, they liked to play on it, teasing her with their looks and swoon worthy words they learnt for the fans. Which she both relishes and fights against. Making the matter worse, she had always loved them all, prior to meeting them. Though she had her favourite, Jung Daehyun. Then after the meeting, the job starting, and she started to spend time with them, she realised that her little crush on Daehyun was sticking around and turning into something that won’t leave her mind. For the sake of her work, she suppressed her not-so-serious crush feelings for him down.

Though, a little over a week after starting, at a fan signing, something like and incident happened. An incident that made her feelings kick up a notch from not-so-serious to something a little more serious.

 

Regina rushes, almost running down the halls behind the small stages the boys will be heading up on soon. The people in the halls move out of the way for the short assistant, giving her all kinds of looks.

Once she hits B.A.P’s dress room, she doesn’t worry about anything, just getting Youngjae, Daehyun and Himchan up to the stage. The others are almost ready, waiting behind the scenes with the crew and their managers.

Regina pulls the door open and rounds the corner. She freezes.

Daehyun and Youngjae are on the floor, shirtless and sweaty, doing push ups. Regina stares, watching the muscles in their backs, arms and shoulders strain. Her eyes rest on Daehyun’s back, his skin slightly shiny with sweat. She feels herself bite her lip but her mind is caught by the twisting pressure on her lower mid-section, her legs rubbing together softly.

“Oh, Hey!” Youngjae calls, noticing her standing against the wall. “Are we late?”

Regina snaps out of it, clearing . “Hurry up and get your clothes on! Yes, you are late! You will be if you don’t move your asses!” She points at them. “Keep your clothes on! Gosh!” She hisses, feeling attacked but knowing it’s all in her head. She is confused and annoyed, more at herself any anything.

 

With her stronger feelings, and more worries for her job, Regina spent then next month watching herself. Though there were times she slipped, watching Daehyun with mushy eyes, giggling to herself she he does something cute and goofy. She tried to distance herself, but that just seemed more strange than if she spent a lot of time with him. So she made a point to treat him the same as she did with the others.

Though again, and incident occurred again, two and a half months in and she almost lost it.

 

The manager is sick, leaving all duties to Regina and she was seriously tired. But there is no way she was going to complain. The boys have a radio show to attend tomorrow, and they are meant to be looking over the scrip, but they had some technical problems with receiving them from the company while B.A.P were all there to collect them.

So at 11:30pm, Regina makes her way over to the dorm, hoping they were all there. She collected a key from their manager, not actually owning one herself, but she hopes that she won’t need to use it.

“They better be home…” She mutters, knocking loudly. No answer. After three tries, getting consecutively louder, she sighs and pulls the key out. Unlocking the door, she pokes her head into a dimly lit dorm. “Hello…”

After more silence, she ventures into the thin entrance hall, dodging the shoes she always feels like either cleaning up or throwing out, depending on her mood.

Regina quickly becomes aware that the dorm is very empty when she sees that no one is in the living room. She checks the next most popular room. The kitchen.

She breaths out slowly. Sitting at the table, his head resting inn his arms and breathing deeply, is Daehyun. Regina smiles at his sleeping form, his face looking peaceful and young as he dreams. She has always thought he was the cutest among the six of them, but sometimes she is still taken back by just how attractive she finds him. Like now, as she sleeps, she is barely containing her inner fangirl.

Slapping herself, she nods and heads to him, determined to remain professional. Regina clears and shakes him softly, calling for him to wake. It takes a few tries, but he stirs, shifting slowly.

Regina removes her hand and holds out the papers. “These are the scripts you guys have to roughly follow tomorrow…” She doesn’t get to finish her explaining before Daehyun turns in his seat and clings to her, his arms wrapping around her waist heavily, forcing her to take a step closer and stay there.

“Regina…” He mumbles into her shirt, nudging his face into her belly. Regina is speechless for a few seconds, not processing it right away. “…Hey…I’m sleep…” He croaks out in his Busan accent.

Regina finally pulls at time, unlocking his grip around her. “Get up, Daehyun-Ah.” She helps him stand but quickly shifts away from him. “Are you really that tired…go to bed then…why are you sleeping in here?” She frowns as he stumbles forward. He usually needs his five or so blankets to sleep. “Where are the others?”

“Out.” He barely has his eyes open, his puffy lips more so with sleep.

Regina tries not to curse them out loud. “Come on.” She smacks Daehyun’s shoulder, trying to get him moving. He groans, reaching out to drop his heavy arm around her shoulders. Regina sighs but leaves him there, letting him lean on her as they walk to his room.

“Okay, I can leave these on the table if you’re too tired.... The show is at 6. Read it all day tomorrow, got it Daehyun-Ah? Tell the others to look at them too.” Regina pulls his arm from around her neck. “Make sure they all read through it and memorise it.”

Daehyun nod, his lips curling into a softly, sleepy smile. Regina feels her heart pumping in her ears as she watches his mouth. Daehyun peeks through one eye before both open, still hooded from drowsiness. “Thanks, Regina.” He grins now, reaching out to take the sheets.

“Oh, god…” She whispers, turning on her heels. She doesn’t stop until she in the entrance hall, out of Daehyun’s sight. “See you tomorrow! Read those sheets!” She calls out, hearing a laugh is response.

Daehyun watches her run, smiling because of the blush she formed on her face. He thought she was a cutie at times but when she gets flustered, it’s just so funny. The whole group likes to play with it really.

She slams the door close behind her and rushes to her car, trying to erase her thoughts after seeing him is such a cute and somehow y state. She had always thought he was cute… but when he is sleepy, there is something else about him.

 

 

Regina has handled them all, the so called incidents that keep plaguing her and making her job that little bit harder. It’s been weird, hard when she finds herself watching Daehyun laughing with someone, or when he decides to chat with her late at night, when her mind is tired and a little less controlled. Times when she needs to help get him ready for a show or press conference, pushing his hair back into place or helping him with his tie or mic.

So when their CEO comes out with a trip for them for three months with Regina and a good comeback, Regina wanted to rejoice.  She needs some R&R time badly. Even if it was with the boys, it was still a getaway.

They are to go to Jeju Island for a week before they have their concert a week later. Regina couldn’t be happier.

 

Regina puts on a brave face, her mind working overtime, pushing the toxic and negative thoughts around, trying to find something to calm her mixed in. She found nothing and it was obvious to her that it was showing on her face. She noticed the looks the boys where giving her as they walk through the airport. Their manager had gone ahead, sorting some things out for them before they get there.

Regina walks behind a Himchan and Jongup who are chatting excitedly about food on the island. She can feel the other four sets of eyes on her but she still jumps when someone falls into step with her.

“Hey, Regina-Ya…you okay?”

She clears , turning her face to look at their leader. “Hey Yongguk-Ssi…”

“Ah.”

She smiles through her stressed frown. “Yongguk-Ah…” He always corrected her when she tries to be professional with him like that. “Yeah, I’m fine…”

“You look like you might pass out in a minute…” He laughs softly, reaching up to touch her forehead. She tries not to let her heart flutter at his kindness. For a tough, cold looking man, he is caring and quite fun. “You are a little hot. Are you sick?”

Regina pulls his hand away and smiles though a sigh. “No, I just…hate flying…”
“Ah, that's right…” He nods. “I remember last time…” He pats her shoulder. “You really didn’t like it…it’s okay… a lot of people hate flying…”

Regina nods, not wanting to explain the reasoning behind her fears. It’s not just one of those times that someone just hates flying… Regina was in a plane when she was 12 and some serious turbulence, mixed with a serious hail storm, the plains turbines cut out, the hail stones too large for it to handle. She watched the wings smoke and spit sparks and metal shrapnel from her window seat.

Regina was flying home from a holiday in New Zealand with her family, but after the storm hit, the pilots managed an emergency landing in Australia, the plane holding out long enough to make it to land.

It was the more horrifying time of Regina’s life and when the plane landed after forty-plus minutes of pure fear, she couldn’t move, not following the other passengers down the emergency blow up ramp. Her parent’s, along with many others were unconscious from the rough ride, hitting their heads on the seats, and loose luggage.

So, to say the least, Regina has a little complex with flying.

“Yeah, well…I really hate it.” Regina looks at him again, his eyes kind and open. Regina knows she can trust him, knowing he wouldn’t judge things like this. Everyone has their problems and Yongguk seems like a man that knows well and understands.

“What seat are you in? If you want I can swap with whoever it is and we can talk to whole way...might help you?” He asks, reaching for her ticket that is being crushed in her vice-like grip.

Yongguk laughs softly as he pries her fingers open. “I’ sitting with Himchan…I can kick him out, if you want.” He eyes the ticket. “Oh, You’re next to Daehyun-Ah.” He smiles and hands the ticket back.

Regina just stares at Yongguk. Why did it have to be Daehyun? She doesn’t want to sit by him on a good day, let alone when she is going to be a mess. “Oh.”

“He will talk to you, I’m sure.” He winks. “I think he had snacks, too.” He laughs as Himchan calls for him. “Relax, it’ll be fine…” Yongguk says, patting her shoulder then taking off to catch up to Himchan.

Regina sighs heavily, following the three of them as her mind falls back into fear and nervousness.

 

The second she walks into the plane, her lungs start seizing up, her breaths laboured and loud. Regina barely notices the people she passes looking at her, giving her weird looks. She rings her hands out until they ache and then some, not feeling the pain as she walks from the thin hall.

She doesn’t hear Daehyun call out to her, even though he was right behind her. So when he calls louder, she jumps, stopping her speeding walk down the plane. “We’re here, Regina-Ya…”

She turns back and robotically walks back to him, ignoring his gaze and keeping her eyes on the backs of their seats. She hesitates but Daehyun urges her on giving her the window seat. She doesn’t want it.

Daehyun comes in to block her in and her heart thumps louder, this time not for him being close, like it usually would, but because he is trapping her in.

“Are you okay?” He asks, his head resting back and face turned to her. Regina decides that looking at him would do her better that looking out the window would.

“I hate flying…”

“I know. I remember you on the plane a few weeks after you joined us. I wanted to come see you, but I was sitting a few rows in front…” He smiles, making Regina’s heart stress for a different reason than it has been for the past hour.

Regina sighs and looks ahead for a few seconds before closing her eyes, wishing this to be over already. “How long is this flight? An hour?”

“I think we should be there within about fifty minutes or so…” Daehyun says and pokes her leg. “Relax, okay…”

“I’m trying…”

“Stop twisting your fingers…”

“I…” She was about to deny it, but she looks down to see her hands red raw from ringing them out. “Okay…” She jumps as the PA system kicks in and their captain announces that they will take off in ten, after the crew show the safety precautions.

She doesn’t listen, instead blocking them out since all it does it make her think about the time she had to use them. After the crew sit, her nerves reach a new time high, makes her stomach lurch.

The then plane moves. She sheiks, her arms moving on their own. Her hands claw into the first things they touch and her eyes squeeze shut, making spots dance behind her eyelids.

When the plane lifts off the ground, she craws harder. She hears something like a curse whispered somewhere, but she ignores it willing herself to not scream or pass out.

Once the plane levels out, reaching the maximum height, Regina breaths out slowly, her eyes opening slowly.  Her eyes take a second to focus, but when they do, she takes her turn to swear.

“OH, Daehyun! I’m sorry!” She removed her fingernail from his wrist. Before she can retract her hand away from him, he reaches for it, threading his fingers through hers.

She doesn’t speak as he looks at her. “Is this better?” He asks, looking down at his hand. “I think it’s better for me, anyway. I might need a tissue, actually.” He laughs softly.

Regina looks back down and sees blood rising in the small crescent shaped creases made by her fingernails. “I’m so sorry…”

Daehyun shrugs. “No problem, you were scared…” He smiles again and leans back in his chair, closing his eyes while his thumb rubs slow soothing circles on the back of Regina’s hand.

She takes a long look at the handsome man beside her before breathing out and closing her eyes too.

 

The flight goes slow. She felt like she had been in the plane for hours, days…forever. So when she starts heading down the stairs, Daehyun in front of her and carrying both of their bags. She makes it off the plane and almost cries with happiness when her feet touch the ground.

With her heart back in the right place and her lungs working again, they head to their resort.  Since they are visiting in a popular time for tourists, both foreign and Korean, they are staying in a resort reserved for more high class and VIP travellers.

Regina almost forgets completely about the hellish plane ride when she sees the size of their place. It’s a stand-alone building, five rooms, three bathrooms, a pool and even an entertainment room upstairs.

While Himchan, Yongguk and Zelo head to relax by the pool, Youngjae and Daehyun run off to play with a soccer ball that was left by the pool. Jongup and the manger are chatting while heading inside so Regina follows, checking out the rooms. All of them are amazing, but she likes the look of the entertainment room, with the pool table, darts and even a chest table, it looks like a good boredom killer.

After checking everything out, she gets changed into her bikini and throws a large shirt and some shorts over them. She snags a towel on the way out and rushes to the pool. If there is one thing she is truly excited about this getaway, it’s the pool.

Regina grins at Himchan, Yongguk and Zelo as they lounge together on the pool seats, sunglasses on and shirts off. Regina takes no mind to them and stands at the edge of the pool. She pulls her shirt off and drops her shorts, earning some whistles and calls from the three men by the pool.

She doesn’t notice Daehyun and Youngjae down the field playing. Or when Youngjae notices his chance to kick the ball at a distracted Daehyun.

 

Daehyun hears the whistles and calls, directing his from his good friend to the house. He doesn’t feel his mouth open and stay there as he watches his assistant pull her shirt off then dive into the pool. He does feel the ball connect with his chest though.

The sudden hit knocks all thoughts of Regina in a bikini out and he glares at Youngjae. It takes that one look to send his friend running and Daehyun takes off after him. They both know what’ll happen when Daehyun catches him.

 

After a long swim, until her fingers prune, Regina dries off and heads inside. She gives Zelo a wave as he rest of the couch, earphones in and eyes heavy with half a day of playing. Regna meets with the manger, chatting quickly about the plans –or lack of- and what’s happening with food and rooms. After a quick and mostly one sided discussion, She’s given first choice. Apparently the boys had agreed to let her choose first, even if she wanted the larger room.

Regina grins, feeling grateful and a little pressured. She might like the biggest room, but it would be a little mean to take it, right? Or maybe not… Regina debates it in her head for a few minutes while she wanders around, checking out the five rooms. They are spread out, three closer together on one side while the other two are on the over side, further apart.

After seeing all the rooms and what bathrooms she would be using with them, and as great as the master room was, Regina opted for a smaller one, closer to a bathroom and out of the way. The second closest room is far enough that she had to turn a few corners. More privacy that way.

 

After unpacking and settling more, Regina starts feeling her stomach rumbling. She knows their manager had picked up some things earlier, though it’s getting a little late, so she starts hunting for something to snack on. Dinner isn’t far off and she doesn’t want to ruin her appetite.

After opening a few cupboards, she heads back to the fridge to snag the container of kimchi. It's a good a snack as any. Regina grins at the red stained cabbage as she sits up on a bar stool at the kitchen counter and digs in.

The sound of the glass roller door being opened draws Regina’s attention from her food. She smiles when Yongguk wanders is, dripping slightly on the tiles from the pool, towel wrapped over his shoulders.

Regina raised her eyebrows for a second before turning back to her food. He is thin, but he still had a great body, they all do. She has always liked all their tattoos, as well. So, that's what she is looking at, their tattoo… At least that is what she likes to tell herself.

“Come for a swim? Youngjae and Daehyun are in there too. I think Jongup is coming in too…” Yongguk grins. “I bet they would love it.” He winks, making Regina laugh through a bite of Kimchi.

Regina shakes her head anyway. “I still have wrinkly fingers from earlier.” She holds out a hand to him and he takes it, grinning.

“Old lady.”

“Hey!” Regina pulls her hand back. “I’m younger than you!”

“Yeah, that’s right!” He laughs through a scoff. “And look who’s yelling at me?” He winks again. “Come play soon?” He wanders back out, yelling out at Jongup the second he leaves the door, laughter following before a loud splash then more laughter.

It sounds fun, but eating is a higher priority for Regina, so she remains seated with her food, undisturbed until the door opens to another. Regina almost chokes on the kimchi when Daehyun strides over, no towel, soaking wet.

First, Regina is floored by him, only seeing his body dripping, his hair wet and pushed back. He grins at her as he comes closer, standing beside her and snagging a piece of Kimchi from her fingers. His face is still wet from the pool and Regina watches a droplet run from his cheek and over his lips. “Hey.” He says before eating the kimchi.

Then Regina snaps out of it. “Hey! You’re dripping everywhere!” She elbows his waist, looking back at the counter to keep from looking at him.

“I’ll clean it…” He says with no conviction in his voice. Regina tries not to snap at him, knowing she will probably have to do it. “Don’t worry. I won’t make you do it, Regina-ya.” Daehyun laughs, resting his hand on her bare shoulder. Regina holds in a squirm that his hand is bringing on. She regrets wearing her singlet now. “You’re in that room, right? That one down the left…near that big bathroom?”

Regina shifts as she nods, unable to handle the soft heat coming from his damp hand. “Yeah, anyway. I think I should go check is Manager Oppa needs any help…”

“Hyung is fine… Come for a swim with me?” Daehyun asks, his hand gripping Regina’s forearm.

Regina’s eyes watch his hand around her arm, his fingers circling her arm easily. “No, I’m fine, thanks.” She stands, making Daehyun realise her. She frowns at her mixed feelings when he does, wanting him to grab her again just as much as she was relived he let go.

“Well, if you changed your mind…” He takes more kimchi.

Regina frown, stopping a little fleck of chilli on his bottom lip. “You have some…there...” She points to his face then taps her lip. “Red…”

The grin Daehyun gives her sends chills down her spine, but then he leans in, bending at the waist to put his face right in front of her. “Get it for me?” When Regina just stares at him in disbelief, he laughs. “Come on, you can do that right? We’re friends, aren’t we?”

Regina reaches out, letting her mind take a back seat and her urges take the front. She watches his lips as her finger smooths over them, brushing the small red spot away. She feels her stomach twist, her core tightening as he parts his lips under her fingers.

Daehyun pulls away before she is ready but she pulls away, knowing it was so risky and very wrong for her to be touching his lips, thinking the way she does.

“I think I might go have a show before dinner…Eat the rest of that? I’m done with it.” She heads to her room, wanting to put some distance between her and Daehyun.

 

Daehyun watches her go, a smile on his face as he touches his lips like she had. He thought it was fun teasing her, making fun of her when she goes red or flirting when she was a little annoyed. Though this time, when he watched her blush, her eyes locked on his lips as she touched him softly. He liked it a little more than usual. He clears his throat and fills his mouth with kimchi before putting it back away. He heads back outside before his mind wanders anymore and start causing problems.

 

By the time dinner comes around, everyone is starved, all but Regina. She knows Daehyun ate, but she knew he would devour his food anyway, which he did. As did the others, even their manager. Regina lets Himchan and Daehyun finish her food, heading to the living room to watch TV with the other before the food weighs her down.

They all sit around together, watching some drama that no one was fully paying attention too. They chat softly, laughing and playing on their phones, until someone sits up suddenly.

“What…” Youngjae spits out then scoffing. “Daehyun-Ah…You’re dating?”

Regina goes cold, her mind turning to her moment in the kitchen, touching his lips. Did someone see? Did they tell Youngjae…?

“What?” Daehyun asks, frowning at his friend while he moves closer to peer over his shoulder at the phone.

Himchan on Youngjae’s other side laughs. “Who is she?” He snags the phone. “You’re seeing someone? Does Hyung know?”

“Seriously?” Yongguk asks, coming over to see, too. The others follow and now all six of them are surrounding Himchan and the phone.

Regina stares at them. Daehyun is dating someone…?

She doesn’t think, she doesn’t feel anything as she frowns nor does she feel the tears filling her eyes. “You’re dating someone?”

Daehyun looks at her and frowns. “Regina…”

“You know that's not…I mean…you should have told us… What if someone finds out and it effects everyone?”

“Did it really concern everyone whether or not I’m dating?”

Regina feels a little bit of anger seeping in. “It does, actually.”

Daehyun stands. “Think whatever you guys want.” He takes one more look at Regina. “I’m going to sleep.” He doesn't look mad, or annoyed as he watched her. “Goodnight.” He turns from them and heads off, turning down the hall that leads to the rooms she is furthest from. Regina feels a sting from that, as if him taking the room furthest from her was a personal jab.

 

 

 

 

The next day, Regina wakes with red, swollen eyes from crying though she didn’t bother checking her mirror. She wanders out of her room with a fresher mind, she is going to forget her feelings, push them even further behind than before and never let them rise back up.

It takes her less than ten seconds out of her room to run into Daehyun. She catches his movements in the corner of her eyes and finds him resting on the couch. He sits up, meeting her eyes for a moment before everything she plans unravelled. She bites her lip and turns away, heading outside.

 

Daehyun watches her eye fill with tears before she turns on her heels like a robot and speed off. He knew she was a little pissed about the photo, but when he saw the pain in her eyes, he knew it was something else. She isn’t just pissed off. She is hurt.

“Regina…” He catches up but when she turns on him, smiling, he freezes.

“What?” She breathes out hard. “I was about to go for a walk. Do you mind?” She turns again and leave shim behind.

Daehyung wants to follow her, but thinks that maybe some time alone would be good for her, he doesn’t want to upset her further.

 

Regina feels like the second she gets outside is the first breath of her morning and she pants a few times. She offers a smile to Jongup and Zelo as they rest but the pool. “Hey guys.”

“Hey, you okay? Been sneezing?” Zelo asks, pointing at his eyes and nose. “You’re all red…”

Regina laughs it off. “I’m okay. Hey…have you seem Youngjae?”

Jongup nods, shifting his sunglasses down his nose. “I think he is wandering outside somewhere…”

Regina nods, thanking them. If anyone knows anything about Daehyun dating, it would be Youngjae. Regina is positive Daehyun wouldn’t have been able to keep quiet the whole night since Youngjae claimed the room with him. Being so close, those two tell each other almost everything.

Once Regina spots Youngjae wandering with an ice-block in his hand, she feels fresh tears rising. What if he says he really is dating? Will she break down in front of Youngjae? That really wouldn’t be good…

“Hey, Regina-Ya, how are you today?” He asks, grinning she comes to stand with her.

Regina smiles, feeling the tears shifting in her eyes. “Good, so I was wondering…for facts…and if we need to fix somethings… Is Daehyun really dating someone?”

Youngjae shrugs. “I don’t really know. I mean…there’s a photo…” He laughs breathlessly, shaking his head. “But we know better than anyone that photos can lie…people misunderstand everything…”

Regina nods, hoping his words are true, but feeling guilty that she does so. She has no right to hope that Daehyun doesn't date, but she wants to anyway.

“I don’t really know though…I mean…he would have told me, I think.” Youngjae says and sighs. “I don’t think we need to worry about it, Regina-Ya.” Youngjae smiles and shrugs. “Don’t stress.”

Regina nods. “Thanks, Youngjae-Ya…I think I’m going to go for a walk…” She heads off out into the gardens, her heart and head fighting against what she should be feeling.

 

Daehyun watches from inside, seeing his close friend talk to Regina. Daehyun can see she is holding something back as she speaks, and it makes him want to go to her and ask. Regina starts walking away and Daehyun heads out to meet Youngjae.

“What’s her deal?” Daehyun asks, snagging Youngjae’s ice block and takes a bite.

Youngjae sighs. “She thinks you’re dating someone.”

“And?”

“And you can’t see how she feels about that?”

“No.” Daehyun lies and gives his friend an innocent look.

Youngjae snort. “I think you need to come clean with all the details so we can all feel a little more as ease. Regina is particular. I think she is stressing about it all too much.”

“Should I go talk to her?”

Youngjae frowns at him, taking his ice block back before his friend eats it all. “No, leave her alone for a little bit. I think you are the main reason she stresses.” Youngjae smiles. “Stop running her through the loops, man…” Youngjae punches Daehyun lightly. “Fix it.”

Daehyun watches his friend leave, takes a look back at Regina as she sits by a tree, facing away. He doesn’t listen to Youngjae, wanting to go to her now. He makes his way to her and sits down close, making her jump.

“Hey.” Daehyun offers a greeting. Regina doesn’t answer, only nodding as if she lost her voice. “You’re upset…”

“No.”

Daehyun snorts. “Because I’m dating?”

“No.” She is lying, obviously. Daehyun grins. He knows it’s cruel, but he wants to play with this. She obviously likes him, but is conflicted… fair enough, she is his assistant and would get in some serious trouble, probably fired. Though Daehyun is really wanting to chase this one.

With a smile on his lips, he twists his torso to face her better. “I think you don’t like the idea of me dating…” He leans closer. “Right?”

Regina looks at him and frowns. “What are you doing?”

“Show me then…” He closer again, his breath on Regina’s face.

She flinches and stands. “What…is…”

Daehyun stands too, again, coming to stand close to her. “Show me…how you feel…” He takes her hand and rubs circles on her palm. “You feel something for me, right? Show me.”

Regina scoffs. “I don't know what you’re talking about.”

“You like me…. I’m right, aren’t I?” He brushes a strand of hair from her face and his eyes meet hers. “Show me how much…”

“Right now, I don’t really like you at all.” She hisses, blush on her cheeks. Daehyun grins, but waits for the show. Regina sighs, giving in. He can see the defeat in her eyes and she nods. “Sure. I might…I…I like you.”

Daehyun grins but before he can say anything else, Regina runs off, leaving him to stand there with a buzzing chest and red on his cheeks.

 

Regina gives it a few minutes before she jumps in the pool, needing the water to cool down her burning face, body.

She is relieved no one has hung around the pool, needing more time alone since Daehyun interrupted her. But as she dives, swimming under the water, she hears another person jump in. She knows who and her heart lurches.

She feels a hand grab her ankle and she spins in the water. Daehyun pulls her back to him and he swims above her. Regina’s body gone slack as she watches him hover over her, his hands resting on her waist.

Regina watches him come closer, until her back presses against the bottom of the pool. Daehyun moves down until his legs tangle in hers and his chest touches her bikini covered chest.

Like she only now remembered she needed air or that this shouldn’t be happened, she shot out from under him, heading to the other end.

When she surfaces, Daehyun had followed and he quickly corners her. “So…you like me.”

“Are you’re dating.”

“Is that the problem?” Daehyun asks, grinning when he bends his arms on either side of her and shifts closer. “What about your position?”

It takes Regina a few seconds to realise he mean her profession, not their current situation in the pool. “That! That, of course! I’m not someone who can like you…or…care about this…” She fumbles with her words, Daehyun’s close proximity clouding her brain. “It’s not right.”

“I think it’s okay, right?” He shrugs. “We can like who we want…” He grins.

Regina frowns, thinking about Daehyun and apparent his girlfriend. “True.”

Daehyun’s hands grip Regina’s waist, making her gasp. Daehyun loves it when she is taken by surprise like that. “How about you show me now…show me how much you like me…with your body.”

Regina holds up a heart made with her hands, looking away with a frowning pout. Daehyun laughs, pulling her hands back into the water. “Not like that...” He leans closer. “Something more.” He mumbles softly against her cheek.

Regina loses all sense, turning her face to his. millimetres from his. She presses her lips to the corner of his mouth, kissing him softly. She shakes as Daehyun’s hands tighten around her, his arm circling her and holding her back while his other reaches up to cup her neck.

Regina tries to pull back, but Daehyun holds her there. “I think you like me more than that, don’t you?”

Regina pulls away again, Daehyun letting her this time. “I should get inside….”

“You could stay here…”

Regina wants to do that, more than anything right now, but she is way out of bounds. This is her job. His is her employee, technically.

“I can’t…” She turns, pulling herself up out of the pool and heading inside to her room to hide, from Daehyun, and her feelings.