Taehee and Baekhyun - Chatper 1

SEND ME IN SOME REQUESTS! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

Codes - Italics for texting.    
Bold for thoughts.

 

For jjongblingbling and her Roommate <3

I hope you enjoy!
Thank you for letting me write for you ^3^

 

 

   Lim Taehee has risen to fame quickly as one of the newest and hottest actresses in South Korea. With her new found fame, she has been introduced to many famous and well known people in high circles. One person she had hit it off with is Park Shin Hye. After filming a drama with her, Shin Hye being the beautiful lead and Taehee being the second lead’s younger sister, they became good friends and soon enough, best friends.

   After three years, growing and appearing in the spotlight, Taehee gets a more major part in a drama, the first and very jealous ex-girlfriend to the lead male, Kim Bum. After three weeks of filming, the two begin dating.

   Taehee spend three years becoming one of Koreas most popular actresses, alongside her best friend, and handsome Boyfriend.

   Now 2016, after a messy break up with Kim Bum, Taehee has finished her latest drama, and things take some different turns for her, changing everything up.

 

 

 

-Meeting-

 

   I grin down at my smartphone, seeing the words shining up at me. My best friend and the woman I owe everything too, Shin Hye, has sent me a text. I reread the message.

   ‘Hey Girl! We are invited to an SM Ent. Party tonight for that new Hwarang Drama. Put on your hot boots babe.’

   I grin again and shake my head. Shin Hye knows very well that I have a thing for a few of the SM groups. Girls Generation, F(X), EXO and Red Velvet to name a few. SHINee of course, who could forget them! Not to mention that I am trying to get transferred from my small company into SM.

   I have run into a few people before, meeting them briefly at parties or events. But, even though I have been famous for a few years now, since 2013 roughly, and an actor since 2010, I still gets star struck very easily. What can I do?

   With fast fingers from excitement, I message back my mentor. I don’t caller her that to her face though, she would kill me and tell me to stop being stupid. But seriously, I look up to her a lot. She is an amazing actor and a loving friend. I really feel like, without her, I would still be struggling to get though.

   ‘I hope someone there could help me get in a little closer…I really want to work under them…’

   Shin Hye messages back in record time. I know she is getting ready for an interview…so she must still be in hair and makeup if she can reply like that.

   ‘I’m sure there will be. Plus, cute SM boys!’ She has added a cute and cheeky sticker wafter her message, making me laugh.

   ‘What about that guy, Park Jae Hoo?’ I about this guy she has been sort of seeing. He is a friend of Kim Bums cousin and of Kim Bum, I guess. It’s a little awkward sometime with him, though. Since Kim Bum and I broke up, he is a little weird with me when I tag along with Shin Hye on their days off together. Most of the time I don’t want to tag along, but Shin Hye asks me and I don’t want to ditch her. So, being the good friend, I follow along with them and try to ignore the between the two.

   ‘I won’t tell if you don’t. Besides, looking doesn’t hurt anyone!’

   I read the text and my chest compresses my heart until it aches. It doesn’t take long for Shin Hye to message back, trying to fix her words.

   ‘I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it like that, Taehee-Ya…’

Another.

   ‘Seriously, Tae…I wasn’t thinking…’

   I swallow thickly and start texting back.

   The reason behind Kim Bum and I breaking up is that he was spending time with another girl, a small younger model. Quite a bit of time at that. At first I wasn’t worried about it. I mean, everyone had friends of the opposite . It’s normal. That's the time though…it’s normal…it’s normal to have friends that want to hang out with out. But when I started to feel like she was moving in on him, I confronted Kim Bum… He got angry.

   After a week of being weird and jealous but being told there was no reason for it and that I was being stupid… I saw it.

   Kim Bum told me he was busy with his schedule and he couldn’t spend his day with me. That's when I saw him with her, laughing and patting her head.

   All that started with them see each other around, enjoying their company as friends. Then soon they were acting like a couple behind my back.

   Still, the two deny any feelings for each other. But I saw it, the looks that were giving each other. That was it though… it was the looks. Looking does hurt people.

   ‘It’s okay, I know what you mean. Don’t stress.

   ‘I’m sorry Taehee…anyway, come with me. It will be good for you.’

   I message her back that I’ll go with her before putting my phone away and trying not to fall into the dark space in my chest that still holds pain from Kim Bum.

 

 

 

   I walk through the venue, faces I recognise from both meeting and seeing them on TV are floating around the room, among others I have never seen. There is music and laughter and excited chatting all around, giving the atmosphere a good vibe. The lighting is a little dim, giving the venue a sleek and fun air. Pink curtains and blue accents are giving the white area come subtle colour. I start feeling like this is a good idea, despite my nerves.

   Since I am good at taking forever to choose an outfit for things like these, Shin Hye opted for arriving without me and meeting me at the entrance. I had messaged her, but no reply. So I decided to go inside and find her. So far, no luck.

   I did find SHINee though…

   “Hello, you’re Lim Taehee-Ssi, right? I’m Lee Taemin.” Taemin of SHINee introduces himself when he noticed I’m looking a little lost. He grins kindly, his think lips stretching over perfect teeth.

   I search for some normalcy deep under the inner fangirl before trying to talk to him. He is looking really good with his Black hair pushed back slightly and his deep red dress shirt.

   “Hello. Yes, I am Lim Taehee. It’s lovely to meet you, Lee Taemin-Ssi. I’m a big fan of SHINee.” I say and hope to all hell that it wasn’t too much of a kiss- comment to say straight up like that.

   Taemin didn’t seem to mind though. He smiles wider and takes my hand, shaking it softly. “I like your dramas, too.” He looks to the side and smacks somebodies black lightly. “Hyung.”

   Choi Minho turns around with a confused look sent towards his younger member before his kind eyes are on me. “Oh, hello.”

   “Minho Hyung, this is Lim Taehee-Ssi, she’s a fan of SHINee!” Taemin says then winks at me, making me blush.

   Minho laughs at Taemin as he pats his shoulder. “Sure. Hi.” He takes me hand and squeezes firmly as he shakes my hand, his cute smile still showing. “It’s good to meet you, Taehee-Ssi.” Minho looks around. “You’re looking for Park Shin Hye, right?”

   I try not to look too surprised that he knew who I was here with. I guess our public friendship is well known. I nod, giving him a smile. “Yeah, actually. Have you seen her anywhere?” I ask the two. I get a shake of the head from the younger man.

   Minho points over who obviously hasn’t noticed the beautiful actress. “Over there. I saw her by the food a short while ago. She might still be close by.”

   I thank them and bow before leaving. They bow back and grin as I leave them behind on my hunt for my best friend. Finding the food area, I noticed more people I have been wanting to meet. All of Red Velvet is close by, giggling and chatting with some others, including Xiumin and Kai of EXO.

  “Hi.”

  I turn around to the voice, knowing it's not Shi Hye due to the deeper sound. A man.

   “You’re Lim Taehee-Ssi, right?”

   I face someone I recognise well. “Byun Baekhyun-Ssi…” I mutter nervously. I have had a kind of fan crush on Baekhyun for a while now. So meeting him out of the blue like this is sort of insane.

   Feeling his curious eyes on me as he waits for an answer, I clear my throat in hopes that I will say something normal.

   “He...Hello. Sorry. Yes, That's me. I’m Taehee.” I frown at my rambling. “Sorry. Um…” I take a breath to calm myself. How is it possible that he is cuter in person? “Your shirt is nice.” I spit out lamely and I swear I shrunk four feet and curled up into a little ball of embarrassment and regret.

   Baekhyun laughs. “Thanks. Your dress is really pretty. Blue suits you.” He says smoothly, making my chest constrict.

   I laugh nervously. “Thanks. How’s your night?” I internally praise myself for asking a normal question.

   Baekhyun takes a sip of his glass. It looks like alcohol. I notice his shirt for real this time, since before I just nervously blurted it out. It’s white, long sleeved and cuffed, but he has them pushed up most of his forearms. It looks really nice. The buttons are all done up save for the top two. Casual but still classy.

   “Good. Minho-Ah seems happy. People are liking the drama.” He grins, flashing

   I nod. “It seems to be really popular.” I agree and look away. The nerves are getting worse, my body reacting weirdly and my breathing speeding up. There is something seriously wrong here. I shouldn’t be getting so nervous.

   Baekhyun smiles softly, making me think he knows I am nervous as hell. I guess it would probably be obvious to anyone right now anyway.

   “I liked your last one, too.” He smiles. “Your character was so cute.”

   There I go again, my lungs malfunctioning and my throat closing up. How is he doing this? I feel like I can’t breathe.

   “Thank you very much. I enjoyed that one, too.” Then I remember the heavy make out scenes and my face heats up for maybe the tenth time since I started talking to him. I really hope he didn’t take that the wrong way. It’s not that I loved the skinship, but the drama itself. It was fun.

   Baekhyun laughs and reaches out to me, smacking my shoulder lightly. His hand on my bare shoulder sends a buzzing shiver through me. But I find that I feel a little colder when he moves away, and I frown when I want his hand back. Why am I thinking like this! What is wrong with me!

   I look over his shoulder, feeling like I might be staring a little bit. It’s sort of hard not to. He is really attractive… His smile…

   “Are you looking for someone?”

   “Oh. Sorry. I am actually meant to meet a friend. Park Shin Hye…”

   “I’ve seen her. She was chatting to a few people earlier.” He looks around. Not sure where she is now though. Want me to help look for her?” He grins.

   I smile back, unable to not smile back at such a perfect grin. “No that's fine. I don’t want to take you away from the party.” Why did I say that? I want to talk with him… But then again, I feel like my chest is about to explode with nerves and too many heart beats in each second.

   “Don’t worry about it. Let’s go find her.” Baekhyun nods away from us as he turns to walk off, flashing another gut wrenching –in the best way- smile at me.

   I clear my throat and walk with him, looking around in hopes that I find her quickly. As much as I am loving meeting people, Baekhyun included, I am feeling pretty overwhelmed.

   “Have you tried calling her?” Baekhyun asks and the second I open my mouth, my phone rings. “Might be her?” He adds with yet another grin.

   We stop walking and Baekhyun stands facing me, taking another sip as he watches me from over the glass. I can see the playfulness in his eyes. My stomach tingles from his eyes watching me. I can feel hear pooling in my cheeks as he watches me.

   I answer, but from some reason, I can’t talk my eyes off his. He grins, watching my eyes just as carefully.

   “Hello?”

   “Hey, where are you?”

   “Here.” 

   “Kim Bum is here.”

   I frown, dropping my eyes from Baekhyuns. “Oh.”

   “I have spoken to him…he wants you to stay…so don’t worry about it, okay?”

   I nod before realising she isn’t here to see me agree. “Sure. I’ll stay.” 

   “Mingle. I’m just coming back from chatting with him and some guys…Where are you?”

   “I’m not far from the food station. I’m with Byun Baekhyun-Ssi.”

   “OH! I see! I’ll take my time then, shall I?”

   “Shin Hye-Ya…” I warn and she laughs.

   “Fine. Hold on. I’ll head there now.” She hangs up and I sigh.

   “She’s around?”

   “Yeah. She’ll be here in a minute.”

   Baekhyun nods. “Well…It was nice meeting you, Taehee-Ssi.” He take bows a little and grins. “I’ll might come find you later, if that's okay.” He waves his goodbye, leaving me breathless and heart racing.

 

   “Boo!”

   “What the!” I jump, I swear to god, twenty feet in the air and laughter fills the air.

   “It’s so easy to scare you.” Shin Hye says while laughing. She pulls me into for a hug. “How are you? Spoken to anyone exciting?”

   “Sure.”

   “I saw Byun Baekhyun on my way over. He seemed pretty happy grinning while he walk walking around...” She wiggles her eyebrows at me, suggesting that I was the cause of his smiles.

   I shrug. “He is always smiling… but yeah, I spoke to him…he’s nice.”

   “I know.” She giggles. “Cute too.”

   “Seriously, Shin Hye.” I sigh and shake my head.

   Shin Hye links arms with me. “Anyway. How about we get a drink and start chatting to some people. I saw some higher ups around that we can butter up.” She wiggles her eyebrows and pulls me along.

 

   After a while of chatting with some managers and high up people, they asked me to make time for some talks in the future. With that, this party has been one of the best I’ve been too. Not to mention the people here that I’m meeting.

   “Hey, Taehee-Ssi.”

   Speak of the Devil…

   “Hey, Baekhyun-Ssi.” I turn and smile at him, noticing that his hair had become that little bit more on the messy side. Still styled, but definitely messier.

   “I see you found her.” He grins and turns to Shin Hye. “Hello Shin Hye. Nice to see you again.”

   “Hey Baekhyun-Ssi.”

   I noticed someone in the back of the room, staring us down. I try not to linger on him, tearing my eyes off his dark figure and turning back to my best friend and the cute man in front of me.

   Baekhyun turns back to me now. “You were chatting to some SM people before…thinking about moving in are you?”

   I smile sheepishly. “Yeah…I’ve been wanting to do that for a while, actually. I think I’m going to come in soon and try and work something out.”

   Baekhyun grins. “I hope you work it out. I would like having you around more.” He looks behind me and waves. “Sorry. Got to go. Chanyeol-Ah wants to go get some snacks and head back to the studio…” He gives his goodbye to Shin Hye before smiling at me. “I hope I see you again soon, Taehee-Ya.” He waves cutely and heads off to meet his good friend.

   Shin Hye smacks my shoulder. “What was that! Flirting?”

   I don’t answer, I just stare at my ex, standing a little way away, staring harshly at Baekhyun as he retreats. I catch Kim Bums eyes as he looks back at me. He softens his expression, but not by much. With a shake of his head, he turns away.